Arena healer advice

Level 44, FTP. Dooku, Sid, chewy plus two healers. Now that I have luminaria, I have a choice. Which 2: Thalia 4*, counselar 3*, luminaria 3*?

Replies

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Lumi and counsellor. Talia is not a good healer for Arena because she damages herself, and she's also easy to exploit when the AI is running your team.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Yeah, I like Talia but her AI can be manipulated to hilarious levels lol
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    It will not be long before Talia will far surpass Dooku on your team. Even with the buggy AI defense she is a much better choice than Dooku in the long term.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • Keaven wrote: »
    It will not be long before Talia will far surpass Dooku on your team. Even with the buggy AI defense she is a much better choice than Dooku in the long term.

At what juncture does Talia surpass Dooku? I know she's already pretty solid offense (her heal is situational), but I'm curious what is the break point for her to replace Dooku completely?

I do like that her basic attack trickle-heals herself, which is very useful in GW.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • scootle wrote: »
    Keaven wrote: »

At what juncture does Talia surpass Dooku? I know she's already pretty solid offense (her heal is situational), but I'm curious what is the break point for her to replace Dooku completely?

I do like that her basic attack trickle-heals herself, which is very useful in GW.

I would also like to know. My Talia is a day or so from 6*, but she seems so lacklustre to me. Her self-heal is pitiful and the health sacrifice heal seems gimped for the cost to her personal survivability. Even her special attack feels weak.

Does she improve much with upgrading? Because I'm seriously thinking about getting her to 6* and then leaving her to focus on Luke with my Cantina energy.
  • dauz6063
    73 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Actually Talia is not a very good character in the long run, whether bugged AI or fixed AI since damaging herself while healing defeat the purpose of a healer. Jedi Consular is by far outperform her in every category. Talia is only useful for low level player who dont have healer for darkside mission. ( darkside healer only old Daka and Talia)
    Dooku on the other hand is very useful utility character even on current endgame. Usually move on the 1st turn, decent health, lightning skill with good damage with a chance to stun 2 character, destroy jedi with a chance to stun/ability block on normal hit, 100% counter. Its just takes longer to farm him since his shard is not on the cantina or shipments.
  • Sysy
    307 posts Member
    I have dropped Talia from my Arena team long ago. I can see why at lvl6 she might be powerful, but her competitors, Lumi, and Consular, have more hp and are more reliable healers who will heal themselves at least. We all know human players targets glass cannons and healers, so Talia is not a good choice.

On the other hand, as there are so many Jedis around, I think even at 4 star Dooku has his value, such as to stun the Jedi healer of your opponent. Even if he dies like in two crit shoots, he will also cast his special first because of his speed and fight back at least once.
    swgoh.gg/u/Sysydrexler007
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    scootle wrote: »

At level 51 I have her at 5★ almost 6, gear level VII, and she has the strongest Power rating of my team at 3,384 while 4★ Dooku is now at 2,748 power.

I've not been using Dooku since about level 47 for one simple reason. I've been dispatching the opponents Dooku since then very quickly and easily. So much so because of his low HP he would often be the first or second hero I would focus down despite his counters, double attacks, stuns, and ability blocks with my 3/5 Jedi squad. His hits werent even tickling, so I was sure mine was biting the dust just as easily.

I'll still farm his shards, but it will take a long time to promote him to 7★ where he needs to be, in the meantime he's been benched.

When I see him on the opposite side of a battle still I smile.

As far as her bugged AI healing (which still makes her stronger than Dooku atm lol) EA have commented about this so I wouldn't be surprised if it was fixed before I have her at 7★. And if she is focused down first on my squad, I would be glad because she is pretty fast and will likely get off her Special, whilst Asajj is very slow and will now get off her bigger attack and possible stuns.

Not to mention Luminara and Consular doing decent damage, and Ahsoka once her power eclipses Barriss (in about 3 days) who will be stuck on 4★ for longer than Dooku.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Whose AI healing is bugged? Talia's? You must mean when she tries to heal herself. Yeah, that needs to be fixed. But even if it isn't, she's very easily defeated. I like her, she was my first char to 5*, but she's not a great character except in dark side missions.
    Dooku is an essential component of my PvP and GW teams. Still. It's not about power, it's about speed and utility and he brings plenty of both. It may take a month to get him each extra star, but I'll keep working at it.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Keaven wrote: »
    At level 51 I have her at 5★ almost 6, gear level VII, and she has the strongest Power rating of my team at 3,384 while 4★ Dooku is now at 2,748 power.

It's kind of hard to make a fair comparison of a 5* Talia to a 4* Dooku though, no? Independent of how easily you can farm the required shards...

Hard to get past Dooku's pure speed every round though... he will almost always get his lightning off first, and if it lands the stun, it can be significant.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    No way does talia (a no name character) ever replace one as cool as dooku. For those who font want to have fun or an enjoyable team an wanna crunch #s an only care about being the best then so be it but dooku is easily one of the most fun toons to use. His lightning is just too much fun to use an his counters are just too much fun to watch. Sorry but dooku is one of my favs hands down ;)
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    scootle wrote: »

It's kind of hard to make a fair comparison of a 5* Talia to a 4* Dooku though, no? Independent of how easily you can farm the required shards...

Hard to get past Dooku's pure speed every round though... he will almost always get his lightning off first, and if it lands the stun, it can be significant.
    When you start facing against level 60 7★ teams with your 4★ Dooku you will change your mind and wish you stopped putting resources into him at level 50 or less because of the costs to level Heroes over 50 and promote past 5★.

Personally I prefer to take an opponent hero down to a sparkly stun. Much more effective.

At 3M credits per Hero to level to 60 and promote to 7★ you will wish you focussed on a specific 5 squad to hold any decent place in the arena while you upgrade more.

Long term Talia will be replaced, but the longer you take to get a level 60 7★ epic gear squad, the longer it will take to achieve anything else.
  • Usho
    586 posts Member
    Is ahsoka any good ?
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Usho wrote: »
    Is ahsoka any good ?
    Yes.

There are better options if your not going for the same synergy I was though, its a very specific spot she fills, and even for that she is only temporary and will be benched.

Cantina shipments have the weakest Heroes it would seem from all the shipments.
    Post edited by Keaven on