Please Help Me Tame My Wampa

First of all, I would really appreciate some clarification on the following ability:
Special Ability 2: Furious Foe
i94vk27ulebv.gif

FINAL TEXT: Inflict Healing Immunity on all enemies for 2 turns, which can't be Evaded. Wampa gains 35% Accuracy, 35% Critical Chance, and 35% Offense (stacking) for the rest of the encounter. Wampa gains 15% Turn Meter for each defeated ally and each active enemy. This ability starts on cooldown. (Cooldown 4)
What is an encounter? In a standard battle (3 waves), is an encounter one wave or the entire battle? Thanks!

Also, please help me figure out which mods to use. I checked all the mod guides and none of them have added Wampa yet. If I had to guess I would say critical damage set with offense and protection primaries, but I am terrible at modding, so I would really appreciate advice. Thanks!

Replies

• Billcarson66
    852 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    An encounter is the action of that specific 3 on 3 or 5 on 5 or 6 on 6. That encounter ends when one side is defeated. So in your question and encounter is equivalent to one wave.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    An encounter is the action of that specific 3 on 3 or 5 on 5 or 6 on 6. That encounter ends when one side is defeated. So in your question and encounter is equivalent to one wave.
    :( Thanks. That's kinda lame imo. Most waves are over before the ability would even have a chance to stack.
  • It prevents abilities like Assaj unique from dominating everything, or DN annihilating someone on the first turn in GW.

However, for events, waves are counted as one encounter...i.e. places of power the maul bonus carriers over and DN annihilate doesn’t reset. So confusion is understandable.
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    It prevents abilities like Assaj unique from dominating everything, or DN annihilating someone on the first turn in GW.

However, for events, waves are counted as one encounter...i.e. places of power the maul bonus carriers over and DN annihilate doesn’t reset. So confusion is understandable.
    Huh, okay. That is confusing. I mean, I understand why abilities, buffs, boosts, etc. should be reset between battles in GW, but it makes less sense between waves.
  • Concerning mods: I run mine with cc/cd sets. As with every toon, the faster, the better. For primaries I'd recommend speed on the arrow, crit damage on the triangle, protection on the circle and protection,offence or potency on the plus
  • Seems like he needs speed (unsurprisingly), crit damage and potency. If you can also get some sort of tank stats on the same mods, that'd be good. He's just gotta survive the inevitable focus he'll get long enough to dunk on the enemy team.
  • Thank you both! :)
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    DN annihilate Cooldown does not reset when moving from wave 1/3 to 2/3. Not sure what your source is that each wave is an encounter. I’ve heard each Phase of a Raid is an individual encounter, resetting Maul, asajj, etc (but not DN Anihilate Cooldown)
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • J7Luke
    484 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    So I think I have determined that each wave is, indeed, an encounter (which is sad news for Wampa). Here is my logic:
    Raid Han's "Shoot First" text:
    Han has +35% Counter Chance and +20% Critical Chance. The first time each turn Han uses his Basic attack, he attacks again dealing 50% less damage.
    Han takes a bonus turn at the start of each encounter. During this turn Han ignores Taunts and he can only use his Basic ability, but it will Stun the target for 1 turn and can't be Resisted.
    Since Raid Han shoots first at the beginning of each wave, this means that a wave is considered an "encounter" which also means that Wampa's stacking stat boost from "Furious Foe" will reset after each wave.

Is this correct @Kyno?