Territory War Matchmaking

Roughing_the_Snapper
5 posts Member
edited December 2017
The matchmaking in this game mode needs to be tweaked. So far my guild has been matched up against guilds from a completely different part of the world that make good old fashioned krakens look tame. It’s hard to compete against krakens from markets with access to toons that are locked here, and that should be taken into account when making matches. Very frustrating.

Replies

• Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Moving to Feedback: Events
  • It doesn't go by characters it goes by gp it would be incredible hard to match guilds w another guild based on characters it all about the numbers. U get matched to close to the number of people or the gp of the number of people who join not the whole guild unless the whole guild joins and their whole gp.
  • It doesn't go by characters it goes by gp it would be incredible hard to match guilds w another guild based on characters it all about the numbers. U get matched to close to the number of people or the gp of the number of people who join not the whole guild unless the whole guild joins and their whole gp.

This addresses my comment how, exactly?
  • It doesn’t go by GP either. Our current battle is against a guild with 8 million more GP than us (equivalent to 80 meta teams). We have 75 mill they have 83.5 mill.
    We both have same participation, I would get it if they only had 45/50 participanting but that’s not the case:(
  • Our guild has 88M and we got matched up with a guild that showed 97M with 46 profiles on swgoh. We had 24 spots on defense to fill so they still had a huge advantage on GP. They had 11 players with more GP than our highest GP member. It was a complete joke.
  • Agree. This second battle we have had isn't even close. The guild we are against is an Asian-based guild with a plethora of 7* G12 Mother Talzin-led NS squads. I understand the matchmaking is somehow based on GP, but it seems to at least try to matchmake based on country. This shouldn't be hard. This TW wasn't even fun or exciting. I've never seen so many gold geared toons with speeds in excess of 240+. Our guild is solid (88m GP) but can't compete against guilds with half krakens that are sandbagging it while having better access to paywalled toons.
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    Totally agree. Though this last battle we lost only by 90 they had loads more toons each then we did .
  • GP tracking for matching is a JOKE. My clan has fought in every war with good participation and we have one exactly ONE war due to lack of participation on the other side. We can't even break through the front line most of the time. Tracking characters and gear score average per character would at least balance the battles. We are not the strongest guild. I've only played a few months so far. My best squad had a power level of 90K and I was wiped out in every battle in every war before I get a single hit as my opponents have a power of 110K+ on 3-4 of their troops. I am being punished for unlocking so many characters but not having them any of them up to gear 12.
    As clan leader, I'd think my best troops would average the power of their best troops. instead we just feed them rank so they can buy better items and widen the gap the next time we battle. If I lost half or 2/3 of the battles, it'd feel fair, but we lose all of the battles every time. It makes me want to delete the app and spend my hard earned money on a star wars themed board game instead.

If I wanted to be bullied every day, I'd go to my high school. I can't believe they get paid to find bullies to follow me home as well.
  • Our 50 member GP is 93m with 46 participating, our opponent is 118m GP. Why try?
  • My guild is 70 mill GP and we are routinely matched up against guilds of 90+ to 100+ mil GP. I can't remember the last time we had less than a 20 mil GP disadvantage! I thought they were doing something to fix this.
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Here is the same, we have 66 mill. Gp. our opponent have 86. They put down more g12 on the first parcel than our entire guild have. Tw isnt fun, it never was. Completly broken. Sometimes we can barely fill up defence. I think it was like 2 months ago when we won last time. And that was luck. We only won 12 tws. Most of them were after the start. I dont mind a good and fair fight, but tw isnt fair at all.