Is a five star poe enough?

I have him at 5* and want to build a clone team so I was going to reinvest into my 3* fives. I seen on here that stars only increase his health. So 2k extra isn't that much. Rex is going to be farm able sometime in the future.

Replies

• Sorry man, you may get different answers here but I can tell you on both the receiving end and dishing out experience that hes a dud atm. Even at 5* he wont soak up more than 2 enemy turns.

Turn meter reduction hardly matters since by the time he moves, most enemies will have attacked, it is also resistable now. His expose also doesnt land as often as it use to. He is also MUCH more susceptible to debuffs.

Good luck to you though
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I have him at 5* and want to build a clone team so I was going to reinvest into my 3* fives. I seen on here that stars only increase his health. So 2k extra isn't that much. Rex is going to be farm able sometime in the future.

I've been using a 5 star Poe to take the one spot very consistently on a server with squads that are 27k or higher in power with good team synergies so my answer would be def yes. The only downside is people sometimes will see the lower power and take thier chances with you first. If your team is good enough though they will remember and not be so quick to pick you to advance.
  • I still want to bring him up to 7 star. People keep saying he isnt that good right now, but I use him still and dont see it. I like having a tank in my squad and he is still the best tank. Once i finish the Jedi challenge I might pick back up to get him to 7* unless I go for Stormtrooper Han. Poe still does decent damage, Crits often, exposes, sometimes reduces turn meter, hits with his regular attack for offense down often and has a two turn taunt. I dont see him being useless. He just makes great teams better.
  • I don't mean to be negative, but no.
  • Poe's still very strong, and 5* should be viable enough for arenas. But in my opinion he's best paired with glass cannons, not clones.

No clones were after. I use him with Droids and we'll Droids are glass.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    I move between 20 and top 5 in arena; a few teams still using 5, 6 and 7 star Poe, I'll go after 5 star and 6 if I have to but I'd rather hit a QGJ lead max Jedi team over the ones with Poe at 7. I go for stun with Dooku, and if it doesn't land which it usually doesn't I'd better kill him so I can move on. The 7 star absorbs the damage and then the AI kills or severely wounds my team enough to be game over.
  • Short answer: no.
  • before the last update I would say it doesn't matter. because once he went you could literally slit his throat yourself to save the opponents trouble and still wipe the floor with them. he was that much of agame changer. Now that his turn reduction is resistable its another matter. You'd actually want him leveled up so he has maxxed potency to ensure you have best chance to land that turn reduction. bonus is he will suck up maybe 1 more hit to boot?

it was never about him soacking up (much)damage. he swung the tide in your teams favor giving slow heavy hitters a chance to activate before the enemies team even got off the couch. and if he soaked a hit or 2 good for him but generally wasn't necessary as the enemy team was likely dead or near enough to not really matter. THESE days I would suggest getting him to 7* though.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Poe's still very strong, and 5* should be viable enough for arenas. But in my opinion he's best paired with glass cannons, not clones.

I can say that my whole team except Poe are glass cannons and that May be why I've never had a problem. In my team Poe goes second to last also so the team is fast.
  • hmmm I never noticed his turn reduction being resisted....think my reasonling still stands, you want that potency maxxed to get the most bang for your shots in the air as he likes to do :)

but 5* could still be useful if he can land enough reductions.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Lokai wrote: »
    hmmm I never noticed his turn reduction being resisted....think my reasonling still stands, you want that potency maxxed to get the most bang for your shots in the air as he likes to do :)

but 5* could still be useful if he can land enough reductions.

Potency is gear related and has nothing to do with stars. This is why even a 4* Ben is pretty good against high power teams
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    IPoe's turn meter manipulation was always resistible.

Before the nerf, I recall being frustrated when Qui-Gon would resist it thus allow him to instantly remove Poe's taunt. If he didn't resist it, it allowed me to kill or ability block him and keep my taunt in place for the rest of the match.

It wasnt resistible, afaik. But QGJ was fast enough to tie some slower dudes even with Poe stealing TM. QGJ allowed turn 7-8 guys go unchecked and Turn 9 guys to tie with turn 8 if I remember correctly
    TM became resistible (not for Poe, but for everybody) last patch
  • IPoe's turn meter manipulation was always resistible.

Before the nerf, I recall being frustrated when Qui-Gon would resist it thus allow him to instantly remove Poe's taunt. If he didn't resist it, it allowed me to kill or ability block him and keep my taunt in place for the rest of the match.

I think your remembering the resist part wrong.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I could be wrong. I don't recall it ever blatantly saying "resisted," I just remember watching for Qui-Gon's turn meter movement due to how important it was.

I need to look now. I also don't recall ever seeing it ever actually say resisted either
  • Alright so I'm getting mixed feelings. I'm going to save my cantina credits until the update I just learned about.
  • Yes. I use a 5* Poe and rank top 10 in my arena.

The strategy with Poe is simple, he taunts, and hopefully all of your toons get to attack before most of enemy toons. There are 3 types of opponents:

1) Speed team. QGJ lead, Dooku, Sid, GS, Rey ... they are all faster than Poe, so there is no chance winning against that.
    2) Poe team. It's a coin flip, whichever Poe goes first, wins for his team.
    3) The rest of teams, you will beat them most of times.

I will star up Poe once I get QGJ to 5* for Yoda challenge.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    I just threw a 4* Poe in my team and attacked the guy who took the #1 spot on my server the day before yesterday and I beat him. Further testing required
  • 5* is all I ever used him at. He does his job ok enough on the right build to get the #1 and be always top 10 or 5. I stopped using him as a build I've been thinking of and working on is close enough I've been using it. Honestly I see Poe 5 or 7* and I don't bat an eye. He is a non factor in arena.

I took on a Phasma led Poe, FOTP, GS, 86 all max team and ended them in 42 seconds. By the time Poe taunted 2 cannons dead and the other was hurting at 50%ish health. Poes taunt actually helped me buff my team,lol.

Honestly if I was not still testing out my new build vs every different arena build I see I'd target teams with Poe on d, as he helps my team.
  • Poe is so mainstream..
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    eBitzu wrote: »
    Poe is so mainstream..

Since the speed change I don't see him nearly as often