Hardware Abilities:

Are they really coming soon?

Replies

• Options
    its said "soon" for the past year so yeah soon depends on your opinion of soon compared to EA/CG's opinion of soon but sure it will be soon to one of them
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Soon! (which I have come to realize, has a VERY subjective meaning)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Hey when they do finally release these, do you think it'll be like mod battles/challenges? Another mode to strain our cantina energy more? Think they will up the refresh rate? Or introduce a new mode or method?
  • Options
    #August
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Hey when they do finally release these, do you think it'll be like mod battles/challenges? Another mode to strain our cantina energy more? Think they will up the refresh rate? Or introduce a new mode or method?
    All good questions there.

One thing I do find a bit disappointing about Fleet PVP is that you utilise very little strategy. What I mean by that is that it's hardly worth the time to spread debuffs across the enemies, just focus on taking them out one at a time and it's all fairly straightforward.

I assume hardware upgrades would be like mods, and might beef up stats in a similar way, which may (who knows) lead to some more strategic battles. I'm sure people would complain it would make battles too long in such a scenario but I'm generally destroying fleets in 1-2 minutes these days so I wouldn't mind.

As for how you'd acquire them... the idea of using Cantina energy really does not appeal unless more of it becomes available; maybe this is why it's taken so long for the content to be released, while they work out where to go with that.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Options
    I disagree about a lack of strategy. I like to apply TL across the board and wear a little away at each guy’s health, then clear the board with Umbaran Starfighter’s special. I’ve seen others strictly base strategy on reapplying protection until Tarkin special, or slow burn with taunts on different guys to wear the other team out
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Options
    This was the discussion I was hoping to start. Ships have a lot of potential; hardware/mods could make a much richer ships experience if done right. So, devs, what's up with ships? When can we expect hardware abilities? Ships are involved in everything but raids, can we expect a ship raid to go along with hardware abilities?
  • Options
    What about the Ship Omega materials that are used for maxing crew abilities. They are nowhere obtainable but in some very few one-time only bundles
  • Options
    I hope it's not just mods for ships...

Maybe set of abilities like different attacks, or passives, like provided from the pilots. Like adding one astromech will give you special damage on targetet enemies, another one providing an aoe, another one might make your ship ignore taunts or stealth, increase evasion, whatever.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • ReVenGe_in_MiNd
    596 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I would hope that when these hardware abillities are released, that they will come with a new ships holo table like LS DS and cantina holotable with a new ships energy so that we can farm these hardwares with an independent energy as not to impead on our farming in other areas.
  • Options
    Not enough ships and ship content so i hope they wont release anything of the sort until the rest is addressed