Territory Wars Leaderboard

Replies

• IMG_0645.png

@iN_Enigma

It might be insanely difficult at the top, but it is insanely fun in the middle !
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • A simple solution would be to include a guilds GP after their name on the TW leaderboard. I would agree that the current version isn't very informative.

Its more fun(and less ties), when you can't both set a strong defence and clear the board. I think the only full board clear win I've seen was vs a guild that went offence heavy.

iN Spectre
  • Yotd1076 wrote: »
    We are 29th with 2 wins, the underdog in GP for both wins, and just beat a team with 7mil more GP than us at 105mil GP...how is that weak or not difficult?

The OP wants the leaderboard to represent the best TW teams. It obviously doesn’t. Do you think your guild is the 29th best in TW? You aren’t even even top 290.

Me personally, I don’t care. Let there be a leaderboard for wins. It doesn’t measure top guilds and it doesn’t need to. Of course I’m not in a top 50 guild either, so maybe I’m biased (I am in a 122 mil GP guild though).
  • We're rank 20 and 5 wins atm. I have no idea why you think it's easy for us to win. We just invest heavily in defensive teams!
  • No matter what your gp is, you’re playing against someone equal to you. So guild synergy and strategy are what really are being ranked here. There are separate rankings for total guild GP.
  • Keldo
    364 posts Member
    iN_Enigma wrote: »
    The leaderboard doesn’t truly represent the top guilds. That’s my point.

With the current structure, it’s meaningless like rancor & HAAT Leaderboards.

It’s easier for a 100m guild to get 2 wins than a 160m guild to get 1 win. It’s insanely difficult to win at top.

So to break it down

Rancor leaderboard - meaningless
    HaaT leaderboard - meaningless
    TW leaderboard - broken therefor meaningless
    TB leaderboard - Wasn’t meaningless cause TI were first to top it? Now, who cares?
    GP leaderboard - GP is life, means everything
  • Highest GP defeated till date? Makes absolutely zero sense.
    So 1 single victory against 160,000,001 GP counts more than 1000000000 victory against 160,000,000 GP?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    In a system where matchmaking plays a large role in determining the outcome of the match, a leaderboard will always be meaningless and will never truly represent top guilds.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Morpheus
    279 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Should have a total amount spent guild leaderboard, I'd like to see that
  • leef wrote: »
    In a system where matchmaking plays a large role in determining the outcome of the match, a leaderboard will always be meaningless and will never truly represent top guilds.

I disagree, there is a margin of success attributed to matchmaking. That said, a guild sitting at the top after several rounds do they deserve their place there as they have beaten the competition put in front of them.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Magulama wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I disagree, there is a margin of success attributed to matchmaking. That said, a guild sitting at the top after several rounds do they deserve their place there as they have beaten the competition put in front of them.

Meaningless is a bit of an exeguration, i agree.
    I'm not saying those guilds don't deserve their place on the leaderboard, it just doesn't truly represent top guilds.
    Point is, the competition put in front of the one guild is (probably) vastly different than the competition put in front of another guild, wich devaluates the whole leaderboard. It's not entirely meaningless, but being in a guild that's ranked significantly lower than another guild with similar GP doesn't necessarily mean that you're in a weaker guild. Good chance that you are actually in a weaker guild, but there's also the possibility that your guild just faced 3 guilds that forced a draw for (an extreme) example, where as the other guild didn't.
    This ranking/ladder system just isn't suited for competative (e)sports, it's as simple as that.
  • Empire Mandalore is now 6-0-0, and ranked 73 because of the leader board reset. Remember kids, crying and moaning gets you places while hard work and strategy are over looked.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Empire Mandalore is now 6-0-0, and ranked 73 because of the leader board reset. Remember kids, crying and moaning gets you places while hard work and strategy are over looked.

the montly reset has nothing to do with this thread though. congrats on going 6 and 0 !
  • Leader boards are not ment to represent the top gp teams , just because you spend money on the game doesn't make you a top guild ! Us so called lower guild's work harder to get to where we are , you don't like ties , plan better, you don't like us little guild's at the top , win your match up, we do ! We plan just as hard and our competition is just as hard as yours . Sorry state of affairs that silver spoon babies can't stand when their money can't buy them everything , welcome to the real world !

the montly reset has nothing to do with this thread though. congrats on going 6 and 0 !

They said it would be reset periodically, not monthly. And thank you. I guess one could say that it's a coincidence that it was reset when TI was complaining about not being number 1, and then ends up in the number 1 slot at the end of the first TB post reset. Guess I'm a conspiracy theorist then.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

They said it would be reset periodically, not monthly. And thank you. I guess one could say that it's a coincidence that it was reset when TI was complaining about not being number 1, and then ends up in the number 1 slot at the end of the first TB post reset. Guess I'm a conspiracy theorist then.

i actually do think that's a coincedence tbh. First TW of the year, fresh leaderboard, it just makes sence.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    The fact that the leaderboard resets at all is purely **** in my humble opinion. What’s the point of it then? The way it’s scored is by the total GP defeated... not by who has the most GP. Typical ea catering.
    Post edited by botabu on
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    And I did not curse above. I can believe the word I used got censored!

Which was now uncensored.... lol
    Post edited by botabu on
  • @CG_Kozispoon will there be an update as to why it switched from "Win-Loss" to "GP defeated" and how often the leaderboard resets will be?

Just would be interesting to know, and seems like it should be in next update notes
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    @CG_Kozispoon will there be an update as to why it switched from "Win-Loss" to "GP defeated" and how often the leaderboard resets will be?

...and why not have both?? This GP defeated is useless.

A guild of 100M winning all their matches would be nowhere near the top. Makes sense?

• "Oh nose! I won't get the credit and adulation of a million random people on a mobile game that I'll more than likely never meet ever in my life because the leader board isn't fair!". I've rephrased this for you and hopefully you see how rediculous you sound now. If this is worth your time to post than you live a rather charmed life lol.
  • Jedi_of_Oz
    547 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    But we've spent so much....

• You're right, the leaderboard doesn't represent the best guilds out there. It's not supposed to. It reflects the best guilds AT territory wars. Beating the enemy guild is the best a guild can do at this game mode, and guilds that can consistently do it should have a chance to reach the top eventually. I don't understand why you're upset about this, if you are one of the top guilds then you have a massive headstart, so don't worry. It will take a 50mil GP guild 3 wins to reach what a top guild can achieve with 1 win, so it will take a lot longer. However that doesn't mean that they shouldn't be recognized. Any guild with effective guild cooperation, strategy and improvement that results in continued success should have a shot at climbing to the top.

• phatphil3 wrote: »
    It's just as hard for a 160mil GP guild to win vs a 160mil GP guild as it is for a 50mil GP guild against another 50mil GP guild. Difficulty is all relevant.

This isn't true. It's much easier to win vs an unorganized 50M guild that you know can't wipe the other side on defense.

Your claim is based off the assumption that only the enemy 50mil GP guild is disorganized and weak. How can you assert this? Why aren't both 50mil GP guilds disorganized? Competition is relative, and you'll see that the low GP guilds that are organized and effective are the ones that are most likely growing in GP much quicker than the "easy win" ones you think represent ALL low GP enemies.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    sloths19 wrote: »
    phatphil3 wrote: »
    It's just as hard for a 160mil GP guild to win vs a 160mil GP guild as it is for a 50mil GP guild against another 50mil GP guild. Difficulty is all relevant.

This isn't true. It's much easier to win vs an unorganized 50M guild that you know can't wipe the other side on defense.

Your claim is based off the assumption that only the enemy 50mil GP guild is disorganized and weak. How can you assert this? Why aren't both 50mil GP guilds disorganized? Competition is relative, and you'll see that the low GP guilds that are organized and effective are the ones that are most likely growing in GP much quicker than the "easy win" ones you think represent ALL low GP enemies.

What are the chances of a 160m GP guild matching up with a disorganized guild though? Now compare that with the chances of a 50m GP guild matching up with a disorganized guild.
    Also, place 1 whale in a 50m GP guild and you'll never lose.
    Now is it not fair to say that winning in the higher brackets is objectively harder than winning in the lower brackets?
  • sloths19
    72 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    You're still ignoring the fact that BOTH guilds are in similar boats. You're right, 150m GP guilds are almost never disorganized. But that means both guilds aren't disorganized. Just because a 50m GP guild matches with a disorganized guild doesn't mean that they are not also disorganized. That they don't also have members that leave crap teams on defense and don't follow rules, or don't even participate.

Your logic implies that any football game played below the NFL is easy to win, because it's not the top talent vs the top talent. It's still comparable talent levels. The English Premier League has other divisions of objectively worse teams called the Champions League, and those games are also competitive and tough to win for THOSE teams. But to further the original point, the best teams from that league are rewarded by moving up to the Premier League, where they face the tougher teams.

If you want me to say that players in a top guild are better players then I will, because they most likely are. But that doesn't mean that it's objectively harder for them to win TW's. I'm sure it's tough, and a lot of effort goes into it, but just because a guild isn't using maxed out characters doesn't mean they aren't having a tough time winning.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Yes, winning the championship (assuming you meant championship instead of championsleague, wich is an entirely different competition) is easier than winning the premier league. That's why the teams that promote from the championship to the premier league usually aren't doing that great anymore.
    I'm btw not implying it's easy to win the championship, i'm saying it's easier than winning the premier league. Just like it's easier to win at 50m GP than it is as 120m GP.
    Your point seems to be that it's relatively just as hard because you're on the same level as your opponent, so it doesn't matter how much your opponent sucks, if you suck just as hard it's just as difficult to win as it is for a premier league club/160m GP guild. You just seem to forget that the lower the division, the easier it gets to not suck as hard as your opponent.
    i play football, one year we won litterally every game in the season. Following your logic that was harder to do than simply winning the premier league without winning every game in the season. I can assure you it was no where near as hard as winning the premier league and it required no where near as much effort and skill.
    Yes, winning the championship (assuming you meant championship instead of championsleague, wich is an entirely different competition) is easier than winning the premier league. That's why the teams that promote from the championship to the premier league usually aren't doing that great anymore.
    I'm btw not implying it's easy to win the championship, i'm saying it's easier than winning the premier league. Just like it's easier to win at 50m GP than it is as 120m GP.
    Your point seems to be that it's relatively just as hard because you're on the same level as your opponent, so it doesn't matter how much your opponent sucks, if you suck just as hard it's just as difficult to win as it is for a premier league club/160m GP guild. You just seem to forget that the lower the division, the easier it gets to not suck as hard as your opponent.
    i play football, one year we won litterally every game in the season. Following your logic that was harder to do than simply winning the premier league without winning every game in the season. I can assure you it was no where near as hard as winning the premier league and it required no where near as much effort and skill.

So you're saying we should have superstar leaderboards based on leagues GP bracket we are in? Ok I'm fine with that
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

So you're saying we should have superstar leaderboards based on leagues GP bracket we are in? Ok I'm fine with that

That actually isn't a bad idea. I wasn't saying that at all btw haha
    Still:

• Meant "seperate" not "superstar" my bad...
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?