TW Rewards (Not Related to Ties)

Indominable_J
1812 posts Member
edited December 2017
Similar to the change that happened to TB, I think that the dev team needs to consider overhauling TW rewards. I'm in a 98m GP guild, so toward the higher end of the spectrum. Even so, our potential rewards (assuming a win) are 1,275 guild currency, 2 zetas, 3 omegas, 4 purples, 450 GET, and 540k credits. On a loss/tie our rewards are only reduced by 200 GC, 1 zeta, 1 omega, 1 purple, 75 GET, and 405k credits. Gear box is unchanged it seems.

There are two issues with the rewards: One, there's not really a significant difference between first and second (assuming we do 4 TW a month, that's a zeta every 5 months), so there's not a huge incentive to try everything in our power to win. Moreover, the current rewards are SIGNIFICANTLY below what we get from TB in the all-important GET. In the LS TB, we get 37*, which gives 5,900 GET, plus all the GET from various special missions. All together, we are probably getting somewhere in the vicinity of 10,000 GET from a single LS TB. Assuming we win back-to-back TWs, we would get 900 GET (i.e., less than 10%).

Under the previous schedule, we basically averaged 3 TBs every 4 weeks, so 30,000 GET a month. Under the new schedule, we are looking at 2 TB and 4 TW in the same time period. That's (assuming 4 wins in TW) 23,600 GET, or a loss of 6,400 GET (20%).

Given that there are now two characters locked behind GET, plus all post G12 gear, cutting down our GET yield is not really reasonable. At a minimum, yield should remain stable (you must have a good amount of data on GP:star ratio for TB to set the GET rates for TW) if not increasing. TW rewards, as currently structured, are a huge step backwards -- at a minimum, the rewards for the four TWs should be equivalent to the TB we are losing.
Post edited by Indominable_J on

Replies

• Great post. Was thinking the same thing. Thank you sir!
  • I agree and I'm surprised this post hasn't gained more traction. We basically lost 20% of our GE currency acquisition and replaced it with 4-8 zetas. This might be the calculation that the devs wanted tho. We needed a way to get more zetas and they might now have been happy with how fast Hoda started appearing on people's rosters
  • I agree too. Rewards are not worth the time spent for the event. Coordinate players demands time.
    Not everyone has so much time during a 48 hours period to enter in Game, check the battle status, view orders in game and in any other chat, make a couple of attacks and repeat.
    So, considering the time spent, you should give at least better/more gear and coins.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    With regards to time and tech invested into TW I see a tendency towards over-engineering. TW is quite simple but people apply rather complex tools in order to determine the "best" defense teams and number of teams left for offense. And people invest too much time for "coordinating". If you compare these efforts to rewards one can only be disappointed.

My recommendation: instead of analysing your own rosters and aggregating information you already have on a more granular level distributed over your guild members simply use the TB Spreadsheet and download the roster of your opponent. Look what they have in store and create a strategy.
  • Totally agree, when they changed the TB schedule before, they also upped the rewards. They should do the same thing now.
  • Whats worse for my guild is that we were 49m GP for the TW and got matched with a 63m GP guild.... and we beat them, but guess what, they get better rewards than us for being in the higher tier!!!
  • this must be done
    with wampa and hoda behind those tpokens, the decrease in rewards is huge!
  • I never post on these forums for obvious reasons but this is a significant enough issue that I’m willing to do it.

I have enjoyed TW so far and think it is the first decent content that has been added to this game since the tank raid. It isn’t, however, good enough to be worth a nerf in overall monthly GET and this needs to be adjusted. I’m not sure how the dev team didn’t think of this prior to setting the new event schedule. It’s a shame that somewhat enjoyable content is spoiled by this.
  • The amount of Guild Event Tokens in TW really needs to be increased, substantially. This Three day event pays a fraction of what a 6 day event does, and the frequency of the high paying event has been reduced in order to run the lower paying one - greatly decreasing the amount of rewards we can earn per month.
  • This this. Great thought out post, was just coming to post a similar thing. PLEASE increase the GEToken amount for TWs! With needing to farm two super expensive characters, we need more tokens than ever right now, not less. Absolutely love the game mode, would just like to see this aspect of the rewards rethought.
  • First off, please DO NOT make the gap between a win and a loss greater. This is part of the reason I love this game mode. It is something fun to do where you don't have to stress out to micromanage deployments or herd the cats. If you lose, it's not a huge deal in terms of rewards. That's actually very AWESOME.

The problem, really, is the double TWs planned and how that drastically decreases our GET and Gear 12 intake. I'd prefer a TB -> TW -> TB -> TW kind of schedule.
  • I will sign on to this, higher rewards for TW plz.
  • Brilliant post! Couldn't agree more - this problem is confounded even more for lower tier guilds such as mine that only get around 20 stars in TB as it is

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • +1, solid math.

I only want to add my two cents about guild currency being a factor too. Not for all guilds, but smaller ones that don’t have heroic raids on farm status. Like mine, lol.

Also, I've mentioned before about Character Shards cost in guild shipments going up by 50 and more slots available, even though gear costs went down.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Absolutely would love to see a TB then TW then TB then TW. This would allow for a much friendlier schedule for guilds as they can rebuild between each event.
  • Great post.

I would say keep 2nd place prizes as they are but enhance victory prize.
  • Peer wrote: »
    With regards to time and tech invested into TW I see a tendency towards over-engineering. TW is quite simple but people apply rather complex tools in order to determine the "best" defense teams and number of teams left for offense. And people invest too much time for "coordinating". If you compare these efforts to rewards one can only be disappointed.

My recommendation: instead of analysing your own rosters and aggregating information you already have on a more granular level distributed over your guild members simply use the TB Spreadsheet and download the roster of your opponent. Look what they have in store and create a strategy.

Would you not say that analysing your guild and allocating roles etc is all part of the fun though?