What are the best rancor teams w/o zeta, or any legendary character?

Anakin_Skywalker
1801 posts Member
edited December 2017
What would be the best composition without any zeta or legendary characters for rancor?
I have 7star Jyn Erso (g8), Biggs Darklighter (g8), TIE Fighter Pilot (g8), Darth Vader (g9, Not gonna zeta soon), Grand Moff Tarkin(g10), Royal Guard(g8), Stormtrooper (g8), Boba Fett (g9), Kylo Ren (g9), Darth Maul (g8), Luminara Unduli (g8). Princess Leia (g9), Luke Skywalker Farmboy (g8), Stormtrooper Han (g8), Obi-Wan Kenobi Old Ben (g7).
Currently working on Wedge Antilles, 5* g7

It would be best if a good comp can be made with those characters, but other characters that are easily farmable can also be included (unless it's hard node only character)

Replies

• Plus I'm considering to give my first zeta to R2 number crunch
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    R2 is 5* g10, sadly.
  • Well if you did zeta vader you pretty much have a solo team for HAAT. Not ideal but likely possible. It would be zader(L), Jyn, TFP, Tarkin and RG. Better if you could replace RG with Sidious but anyway.

Without zader then farm teebo and make him lead (his lead gives him stealth most of the time which means his basic reduces TM). Won't work as well as giving vader that zeta though but would land decent TM reduction with some of your other toons..
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    @thomssi Thanks, I really appreciate your comment!
    Would this be the best Rancor team in my situation: Teebo lead, Jyn Erso, TIE Fighter Pilot, Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Sidious?
    I have Sidious 70 shards short from 7stars.

And feel free to add any characters unless it is hard node only, p2p or legendary ones! Thanks!
  • thomssi
    526 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Hmmm. Sidious would be under zader lead. TFP helps TM down land. Better finding someone who does the TM down frequently. Bistan could work (has cool down), QGJ does on basic. Ewok scout even (does it on basic). You have STHan as well, could try him. You are pretty much trying to stop Rancor having a turn.

Therefore, if you have Teebo then I would try with what you have.

Teebo(L), Jyn, TFP, Tarkin, STHan. Not ideal but should do ok.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You need turn meter reduction, tenacity down (or high potency) and speed down. Without this just collect your high damage toons on a team.

From your list Jyn and TFP are very good. RG provides speed down, but without more TM reduction, you're probably better off with high damage toons. Biggs + Wedge provide high damage.
  • ThePenguin77
    186 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I was using Teebo lead, Wedge, Biggs, Qui Gon and Ezra.

Teebo is the MVP here, Qui Gon is a second turn meter removal character so Teebo doesn't have to be super fast. Wedge and Biggs for damage and Ezra is a hybrid; For damage and calls Teebo to assist if you see that you he won't attack before the enemy. They take out whole phase one easily, against Rancor you need much more potency on Teebo. I usually was doing whole first phase and about 15% of the second (because I haven't got enough Potency).

I was doing around 2mln, it's a good result with free to play characters (basically of them easily farmable), in my guild I was always in top 10 so I was getting nice amount of Han shards.
  • @thomssi Thanks, I really appreciate your comment!
    Would this be the best Rancor team in my situation: Teebo lead, Jyn Erso, TIE Fighter Pilot, Grand Moff Tarkin, Darth Sidious?
    I have Sidious 70 shards short from 7stars.

And feel free to add any characters unless it is hard node only, p2p or legendary ones! Thanks!

IF but only IF you want to solo rancorn hc go for Vader zeta lead quite useful in aat also and work on thrawn tm removal looks like overkill but believe me its not i have zader g11,tfp g9, tarkin g9, Jyn g11, Thrawn G10 guite speedy except tarking( cba moding him) and Rancor get few turns in P4. With your setup Jyn(L) tfp,tarkin,rg and 1 random, try random to get rebel at least for expose from jyn lead