Data Card Chances 5 to 330?

2Next

Replies

• Antisora
    105 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If the average is 7 shards thats 62,000 crystals to 7* lol.

15,000 crystals is $99, so if it worked out to $250 the average is probably higher than 7 shards. Assuming the buyers are actually paying attention to how much they’re spending.
  • Options
    Weaver9000 wrote: »
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Nope. Seriously DON'T DO IT. My fellow guild officers and I stress to our members like crazy to spend your crystals wisely, and this is probably the worst way you can spend crystals (aside from LS/DS refreshes). No, I repeat DO NOT spend the 1299 crystals on the slim-to-none chance to get higher than 15 shards. You're better off saving your crystals and buying toon/mat shards from the numerous stores during any of the numerous refreshes.

So why do they even offer it, in the hopes that people throw money at the game, and don't read posts like this one?

Generally speaking the f2p model requires a game to accomdate big spenders, mild spenders and non spenders. Whenever you ask "why?" The answer is to accommodate one of these groups.

Big spenders have deep pockets, and enjoy getting new stuff ASAP. Highly competitve, collectors, etc. These packs are an option for those types of players. A means for them to get what they want immediately, without the game being flooded with it. For a while that big spender gets to ride high, being one of the select few who have the new thing.

They don't necessarily want people to mistakenly buy it. That causes bad will, which may lose them users (and potential spenders). At the same time that person may luck out and get 330 shards. If so, they are likely to become a more frequent spender. So they leave the option open.

Best answer ever but the won't listen shame
  • Options
    My brother got 230 Farmboy shards when he bought a rebel mega pack
  • Options
    It’ll always be 5 no matter what because...ea. Forget all the other numbers.5 is what it is.
  • Options
    It’ll always be 5 no matter what because...ea. Forget all the other numbers.5 is what it is.

I've gotten enough 7's in my guppy-dom that it's a legitimate number. When you have to go and farm them from a single hard node later... you want that +6, +10 shards you got from a few packs.....
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Lets just call it what it is ... G A M B L I N G

Would be nice to see them post the odds like on the back of a lottery ticket.

Regardless,i agree with many that its better not to buy those packs,and use crystals for other purposes.

• Options
    Drakkon wrote: »

Regardless,i agree with many that its better not to buy those packs,and use crystals for other purposes.
    Not gambling u are guaranteed shards. Also whales and whoever wants to buy pack keep buying them cause u keep me playing (ftp).
    In fact u probably keep 90% of this thread playing ha ha keep up the good work
  • Options
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Nope. Seriously DON'T DO IT. My fellow guild officers and I stress to our members like crazy to spend your crystals wisely, and this is probably the worst way you can spend crystals (aside from LS/DS refreshes). No, I repeat DO NOT spend the 1299 crystals on the slim-to-none chance to get higher than 15 shards. You're better off saving your crystals and buying toon/mat shards from the numerous stores during any of the numerous refreshes.

So why do they even offer it, in the hopes that people throw money at the game, and don't read posts like this one?

I don't why they even have this as an option, other than to frustrate a user into spending real money to purchase and do the whole thing over again. Again, that dangling of the carrot can be avoided by spending your crystals wisely. I did this ONE time just to confirm I was an **** for doing so (got 5 shards) and have NEVER done it again since.
  • Options
    Bjpac04 wrote: »
    Off topic but...
    My fellow guild officers and I stress to our members like crazy to spend your crystals wisely, and this is probably the worst way you can spend crystals (aside from LS/DS refreshes).

This is seriously the worst advice ever lol
    If u don't ever refreshes ls/DS energy ull never advance in this game. And 50 crystals for refresh is a steal

So you're saying spending 50 crystals to refresh LS/DS on the chance you may get an additional shard or two is worth more than just saving your crystals and buying what shards/mats you need from the stores outright? Ok then!
  • Options
    Sandybard wrote: »
    Off topic but...
    My fellow guild officers and I stress to our members like crazy to spend your crystals wisely, and this is probably the worst way you can spend crystals (aside from LS/DS refreshes).

If u don't ever refreshes ls/DS energy ull never advance in this game. And 50 crystals for refresh is a steal

I would actually agree with this advice. I never EVER refresh hard nodes and I think I've progressed pretty well. My Lobot is only 6-star, but I think I can live with that.

I like that profile pic! Cheers!
  • Options
    Drakkon wrote: »

Not gambling u are guaranteed shards. Also whales and whoever wants to buy pack keep buying them cause u keep me playing (ftp).
    In fact u probably keep 90% of this thread playing ha ha keep up the good work

Debatable, many countries have different laws on what constitutes as gambling. So to say just because you have a guaranteed minimum return is a bit simplistic.
  • Options
    Gambling investigations
  • Options
    Off topic but...

So you're saying spending 50 crystals to refresh LS/DS on the chance you may get an additional shard or two is worth more than just saving your crystals and buying what shards/mats you need from the stores outright? Ok then!

think there is a misunderstanding here.
    50 crystal refresh of ENERGY is worthwhile. Node refresh is another story but is somewhat debatable depending on how quickly you need those shards.
  • Options
    LS/DS/Cantina energy refresh is definitely worth it if you are farming hard. Cantina refresh is necessary for farming the vets. I could spend 640 and buy 8 shards (80 per shard) or refresh 3x for 300 crystals and get an average of 10 shards (30 per shard).
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    LS/DS/Cantina energy refresh is definitely worth it if you are farming hard. Cantina refresh is necessary for farming the vets. I could spend 640 and buy 8 shards (80 per shard) or refresh 3x for 300 crystals and get an average of 10 shards (30 per shard).
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    Off topic but...

50 crystal refresh of ENERGY is worthwhile. Node refresh is another story but is somewhat debatable depending on how quickly you need those shards.

Node refresh is DEFINITELY a waste, not sure I agree on Energy refreshes though. You get enough of those throughout the day and if you're really hurting for the 1-2 extra shards/mats to bump you to next level, why not just wait until refresh to use what's already given? For those who want to take that chance, more power. I've geared and starred toons so quickly, especially since recent update. Cantina refresh on the other hand, is totally worth it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    Off topic but...

Node refresh is DEFINITELY a waste, not sure I agree on Energy refreshes though. You get enough of those throughout the day and if you're really hurting for the 1-2 extra shards/mats to bump you to next level, why not just wait until refresh to use what's already given? For those who want to take that chance, more power. I've geared and starred toons so quickly, especially since recent update. Cantina refresh on the other hand, is totally worth it.

Have you actually done the math? Those who have say that the energy refreshes are worth it.

Pre-level cap they are unquestionably worth it.
  • Options
    I buy those every now and then, if I'm not saving for a specific thing, and it's a character I like. What's the harm in rolling the dice if you've got spare crystals? 5 shards? That's 5 less to worry about later when I'm farming. 10 or 15? Even better.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    Moved to correct sub forum.

I love how this chain and so many others get moved to a sub forum but when I look in the general forum half of the discussion are about items that should also be moved but are not.
  • Options
    Good thing I read this after I spent 4,000+ crystals