I Hate Count Dooku!

Prev1
Just putting this out there...for no sake other than my needing to vent!

Mid-game player here...and Count Dooku, particularly in the Arena drives me nuts. Nothing more sickening than when he goes on an unstoppable rampage. I just went four against one with him and he took them all out. Thwacking away like his little life depended on it...which it did I guess.

I guess my Arena team doesnt have any stunners...is that the best or only way to counteract him?

Thanks.

Replies

• Daze works(zeb) as well
  • Stun, daze, or stealth work fine. But yes, that guy can be painful.
    Banthas want to eat me, but I eat back!
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    He's annoying but that's all
    Ability block, Stun, Shock, Daze, Stealth, Burning, Fracture, Evasion Down, Speed Down, Offense Down, Defense Down, Crit Chance Down, He is vulnerable to many debuffs.

Especially, Shock, Stealth, and Stun. Remember 3S.

Plus he is squishy so gets murdered by high DPS
    Wiggs CLS Boba Lando GK ATF Chaze DN Vader Palpatine Savage Sidious TFP DT Krennic Tarkin Ezra QGJ Yoda Rex Thrawn Talzin, Ewok Scout, NS Acolyte .. You name it.
  • Step 1- Get good
    Step 2- Repeat step 1
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    All interesting and worthwhile posts - thank you. I guess that's why he causes me so much trouble in Arena as none of my team there (Wedge, Biggs, STHan, Lando, Boba) have shock, stealth, stun or daze...

• Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.
    "Because I'm Batman"-me
  • Good old AI RNG advantage at play,If it was your Dooku don´t expect the same results.
  • Ommmmmmmmm
  • All interesting and worthwhile posts - thank you. I guess that's why he causes me so much trouble in Arena as none of my team there (Wedge, Biggs, STHan, Lando, Boba) have shock, stealth, stun or daze...

That should eat Dooku. Biggs' special!
    If available, use han's taunt first, hope your wedge don't die, and use biggs' special.
  • All interesting and worthwhile posts - thank you. I guess that's why he causes me so much trouble in Arena as none of my team there (Wedge, Biggs, STHan, Lando, Boba) have shock, stealth, stun or daze...

seriously?! just murder him with biggs triple shot!
    if u have crit dmg sets on biggs and wedge (or at least wedge), ull cut through him easily
  • if u have crit dmg sets on biggs and wedge (or at least wedge), ull cut through him easily

Need to check then...maybe I haven't. Thanks.

• Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I love my Dooku. He’s the backbone of my arena team under DN zeta lead. More often than not, the whole thing boils down to him vs everyone else. The rest of my team is pretty much just there to look intimidating (pretty) and be tanks and take the hits and distract stunners and shockers.

Key things that destroy Dooku:
    - debuffs: shock, Daze, stun, fracture, healing immunity, death mark (stagger, if properly used)
    - being hit by lots of stealthed enemies
    - DN Anihilate
    - An enemy Dooku that cannot be countered (sometimes grevious, I guess... but not really)
    - 1 Shots: Rey, Wiggs, Leia, CLS, Boba (with proper buff/debuff stacks)

Good units against Dooku:
    - Baze/Chirrut
    - R2
    - Thrawn
    - zSavage (endless fight, too many HoTs, and he constantly dispels shock/stun/ability block)
    - The above-mentioned one-shotters
    Post edited by Fauztin on
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • I use death trooper just shoot him with daze at the start of the round and he gets no counter or bonus attacks
  • There will come a point when Dooku isn't even in your 3rd best squad...
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Out of curiosity, how do you define mid game player?
  • The toon I most hate to see in the enemy squad when I'm running my Nihilus lead Dooku squad is Darth Sidious -- three turns of healing immunity is enough to let just about any decent damage toon finish off Dooku.

Not saying stun, fracture, et al aren't also irritating, but healing immunity is like slow torture.
  • You could gear up your R2 and have him replace Boba. Have R2 stun Dooku and he'll die quickly.

Plus, that's already the direction you will go when you get CLS.

@Ender22 he's a new 85. Properly assessed IMO.
  • I was getting sad, we hadn't seen a Dooku post in awhile!
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Ariben wrote: »
    You could gear up your R2 and have him replace Boba. Have R2 stun Dooku and he'll die quickly.

Plus, that's already the direction you will go when you get CLS.

@Ender22 he's a new 85. Properly assessed IMO.

Got me wondering if I am end game right now. I’m still playing catch-up in many aspects. But if midgame starts there, then I guess I’d have to be called endgame
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    You could gear up your R2 and have him replace Boba. Have R2 stun Dooku and he'll die quickly.

Or use smokescreen. No counters against stealthed attackers.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You could gear up your R2 and have him replace Boba.

Yep- that's what I'm currently doing my friend.
    Ender22 wrote: »

I'm not a newbie - I'm Level 85 and many, if not most, of my best characters are Level 85 and at least 5 stars. I have R2 and I have Thrawn. I do not have CLS or GK. I rarely get above 400 in Arena.

I'm not a beginner and I'm far from a pro- this is apparent by the fact I'm still troubled by Dooku!

So...mid-game I'd say...but that could mean different things for different people :smile:

• Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    You could gear up your R2 and have him replace Boba.

Yep- that's what I'm currently doing my friend.
    Ender22 wrote: »

I'm not a newbie - I'm Level 85 and many, if not most, of my best characters are Level 85 and at least 5 stars. I have R2 and I have Thrawn. I do not have CLS or GK. I rarely get above 400 in Arena.

I'm not a beginner and I'm far from a pro- this is apparent by the fact I'm still troubled by Dooku!

So...mid-game I'd say...but that could mean different things for different people :smile:

^_^
  • Although I use Dooku in my super weak arena squad (long story short I am fine with sitting in the 300).. I never found him a difficult opponent, maybe the only exception is when he is under a Nihillus lead. But even then, I consider him annoying rather then really dangerous.
    Although he is fun to use, I have him mainly for the stuns, which the AI use on the completely wrong toon most of the time when he is against me.
    Whatever team I use, I usually leave him for the last since he rarely present any danger if left alone, and kill him when everyone else is down. Or since he is quite fragile, when there is an opportune moment and his health is down.
  • I ran chaze/wiggs with Leia for a LONG time and dooku was the bane of my existence. After I got R2, he's completely irrelevant. Stun and daze are dooku killers.
    The Academy of the Fallen
  • I target Dooku teams when I find them, and my squad isn't too far from yours—I run Wiggs, StHan, R2, DN.

1. R2 goes first. If I go stealth, than anyone else can chip away at Dooku without fear of counters. That'll also let R2 try a stun on him next turn if I want.

2. After R2, Biggs gets a shot. I can usually one-shot him (cd/cc sets) if I want to, though I usually choose someone else because . . .

3. StHan gets a taunt off. From then on, Dooku is my best friend. All those counters feed tons of turn meter to the rest of my team. At some point near the end, I can one-shot him with Wiggs or annihilate him with DN if he's got crit immunity and there's no better target (like a Zavage).

So I guess the takeaways are try R2, get Wiggs's damage up, and get these four to go fast. As soon as StHan taunts, Dooku hurts the opponent more than anything.
  • gufu21 wrote: »
    So I guess the takeaways are try R2, get Wiggs's damage up, and get these four to go fast. As soon as StHan taunts, Dooku hurts the opponent more than anything.

Excellent advice- thank you.

• Zolaz
    392 posts Member
    R2 kills toons with low health. You cant dodge, evade his AoE fire, he stuns and puts your damage dealers into hiding.
  • Moral of the story - farm the heck out of R2 and get him in there, yeah?
  • He's good a mid level. After level 80 you'll never see him again
  • ^ Who? Dooku, right?