Character Raid Strategy

Fauztin
1332 posts Member
So, some of you have seen my other thread about my guild successfully defeating Heroic Rancor for the first time. We’re starting to really experiment with the prime teams for raids, and my guild mates and I want to express a lot of gratitude for the guidance and advice you’ve all provided.

That being said, this is the raid team I’m currently trying to develop to get as close to soloing as I can.

Thrawn (L)
Vader
Emp Palp
Jyn
Chirrut

I’m currently trying to think of how I can replace Chirrut. I feel like I should keep a cleanser, in case I mess up or RNG math adds up for letting the pig or Rancor get a turn (death marks and stuns). My prime candidates are as follows:

- QGJ (for more TM removal to avoid needing a cleanse)
- Teebo (same reason)
- Akbar (and allow Thrawn an extra turn if using TM swap on Jyn when she doesn’t have a lot of TM already)
- Barriss (but I think Chirrut is better)
- some decent empire toon for Thrawn E&F zeta

Suggestions?
(*character strategy forum? Rancor raid forum?)
"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne

Replies

• Zeta Vader and use him for lead. Replace chirrut with TFP and swap in Tarkin for Palp. I use this team for soloing and I can put it on auto. It works amazingly.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Unfortunately my TFP is massively under-par. Heard great things about his tenacity down, though. Tarkin is a good idea for good TM removal, and I guess that’s better playing t safe over palp’s Offense up buff.

I don’t have vader’s Zeta yet, been reluctant to put it on him because of his issues in arena. Been running DN lead in there. I guess I should be focusing on that next.
  • I run Zader thrawn DN TFP and Tarkin in Arena and I’m usually in top 100. Nothing spectacular but I don’t really care about arena. But like I said Zader Thrawn Jyn Tarkin and TFP can auto solo the Pit raid is modded and geared correctly. It’s still an easy solo doing it manually. TFP is an easy farm. Shouldn’t take you long to build him up. Hope that helps.
  • I run Zader, zsolo, tfp, Rex and Sidious. How does this team sound? I find it works pretty well.
  • Bistan is a great sub for tarkin. I sometimes use bistan g8 with over 200 speed and find him as good as tarkin.

Boba Fett might be a good sub for tfp. He’s nowhere near as fast or deadly but his execute ability and dots on basic compliment zader very nicely. Especially if jyn and tarkin are removing tm and thrawn supporting.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Those are great ideas, thank you guys! Our guild did a mock tier 6 raid before this weekend’s heroic as a practice round for people to test out solo teams. So not really doing damage, just testing and retreating and whatnot.