Looking for solid advise re: HAAT (basic but awesome) teams compilations

Boo
4134 posts Member
My guild just launched HAAT (have not attempted since June).

Again we get thrashed. I just don't get it.

We restrict ourselves on Heroic Pit by doing 0 damage on day one then only allowed 1 team (not best team) on day 2 - some of us can completely solo Heroic Pit - so we make these rules to be fair.

On Normal AAT we launch and are done before the end of day 2 - it goes so quick. So we try HAAT and we can't get passed phase 2 - what gives.

I know I need to work on gear etc. - but if a seasoned player can have a look at my roster below (see link in signature line) and advise what teams would work best with what phase I'll gear them up.

Youtube and this forum is full of suggestions for end-game players but nothing for the middleman type of player - advice is welcome and thanks!

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    This vid helps for others looking for some good advice on HAAT

https://youtu.be/BasaSq3nnkU
  • TrufraCadav77
    11 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Boo, Here is what I would do with your roster with the areas of focus next to them...

Phase 1 - Can run a Zylo individual team. Run on Airplane mode and escape when you can. You should be able to continually re-enter and finish the stage by yourself.

Phase 2 - zFinn, Poe, R2, RT, and Rey. This team should take about 20-30% of the phase. Poe needs to be at-least 230 speed to be faster than the tank and you need to time your Rey hits to get max damage.

Phase 2 - Wiggs, Lando, Leia, StHan - Team should be able to do another 10-15% with a little higher gear.

Phase 2 - HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, Chief Nebit, Jawa Engineer. With higher gear you should be able to do another 10% with this team.

Phase 2-4: Admiral Ackbar (L), CLS, Raid Han Solo, Thrawn, BB8 (Raid Han will need a zeta or you can substitute Asajj Ventress for him). CLS will need to be much faster, but this team can take you from about 40% left in P2 to the end.

Just some thoughts and good luck. Any help you can get from your teammates the better. Remember that for Heroic Tank, gear above 9 is recommended. You really start to see good results in the G11 range. Also, look for mods that have high speed secondaries and you may have to change mods between toons between battles.

Remember to run each battle on airplane mode until you get the results that you want. The more in your guild that can help with each phase the better....

Best of luck and I hope that this helps...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    And this - although I like to see HAAT completion videos without the use of GK - because that is the main point in playing HAAT - kinda a catch 22

https://youtu.be/s6UQq8vcPs4
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Another good team

Ackbar (L)
    CLS (with zeta - binds all things)
    Ventress (zeta on unique)
    Thrawn
    BB8

https://youtu.be/BlgDKYa6kjI
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo, Here is what I would do with your roster with the areas of focus next to them...

Phase 1 - Can run a Zylo individual team. Run on Airplane mode and escape when you can. You should be able to continually re-enter and finish the stage by yourself.

Phase 2 - zFinn, Poe, R2, RT, and Rey. This team should take about 20-30% of the phase. Poe needs to be at-least 230 speed to be faster than the tank and you need to time your Rey hits to get max damage.

Phase 2 - Wiggs, Lando, Leia, StHan - Team should be able to do another 10-15% with a little higher gear.

Phase 2 - HK-47, IG-88, IG-86, Chief Nebit, Jawa Engineer. With higher gear you should be able to do another 10% with this team.

Phase 2-4: Admiral Ackbar (L), CLS, Raid Han Solo, Thrawn, BB8 (Raid Han will need a zeta or you can substitute Asajj Ventress for him). CLS will need to be much faster, but this team can take you from about 40% left in P2 to the end.

Just some thoughts and good luck. Any help you can get from your teammates the better. Remember that for Heroic Tank, gear above 9 is recommended. You really start to see good results in the G11 range. Also, look for mods that have high speed secondaries and you may have to change mods between toons between battles.

Remember to run each battle on airplane mode until you get the results that you want. The more in your guild that can help with each phase the better....

Best of luck and I hope that this helps...

This is great advice! thank you.

I was also thinking about the famous chirpatine and Princess Zody teams I hear a lot about - I have a lot of gearing and mod farming before next attempt so I will work on everything you have said.

I just wonder what you mean re: airplance mode? - I know cell phones laptops tablets etc have airplane modes on them, but just curious how that applies to HAAT and SWGOH? are you able to explain?

Thanks again!
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You can do a battle on air plane mode and not register a score or lose a team which is good for practice or you can take your device off airplane mode and keep your score.

I don't do haat but the most interesting advice I found reading various guides for when you are ready for haat is that you are ready when you can do naat in 48 hours with everyone limiting themselves to 7 star toons. The same team being used no more than once.

For the middle of the run player they might have 1 team of 7 stars and 4 teams of 6 stars each going three different times in a 48 hour raid. There's no 6 stars and no character refreshes so the middle of the road player will have gone from sending 15 teams in 48 hours to one team in 48 hours.

Not saying that's the case for you but it is for a lot of middle of the run guilds.

Also your guild only has 29 people so instead of the 2% most people have to aim for you and you members have to aim for more than 3% on each phase.

Of the the 29 members 5 are on swgoh.gg and three of them just don't have the amount of characters with the amount of stars and the gear quality needed. So it's down to 26 of you needing 4% each.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    My guild shows 49 members? - but you are right some members are not high level (I like to help low level players, lol) - so we do need to pull more weight - everything you say is true.

I was hoping to do a test run exactly as you said, but the guild were pushing for HAAT for a while (I knew we weren't ready).

Thanks again for your help.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    My guild shows 49 members? - but you are right some members are not high level (I like to help low level players, lol) - so we do need to pull more weight - everything you say is true.

I was hoping to do a test run exactly as you said, but the guild were pushing for HAAT for a while (I knew we weren't ready).

Here your guild shows 29

https://swgoh.gg/g/15606/jediprotectors/

Must be a problem with the website.

Anyway I suggest doing naat with house rules. 7 star characters only and nobody using the same character twice. Those are the rules for haat.

If you can't do it like that then stay on naat. If you do win it like that you are ready.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Sounds good my friend! - thanks so much again, very much appreciated!
  • You can solo phase one by yourself with Luke. Just need some time to make sure you always escape. Or you may have to force close the game and start again. Airplane mode is your friend. If you have more Luke's in your guild you can cut the time down to about 20 minutes for phase 1 with 3 or 4 Luke's.

You yourself can do about 6 million damage in phase 2 with Finn, Poe, Trooper, Pilot and BB8. You need to get your trooper some more gear though. You might even do more in phase 4 with your Resistance. I solo'd it with mine the other day, I'd get a topple a turn. So 12 topples and that tank was dead. 3 left to enrage.

That's 6 characters you yourself have that can do about 9+ million of the damage.

Some of our guys run their clones/Leia team in phase 2 instead of 4. Phase 3 is the one that usually takes the most time.

If your Luke is still alive you might want to run him with R2 in phase 3. R2 smoke can help with the cannon blast.
  • TVF
    36583 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

Here your guild shows 29

https://swgoh.gg/g/15606/jediprotectors/

Must be a problem with the website.

Has everyone signed up? It only shows members who have signed up there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You can search them in the guild section on advanced search. Almost 40mil GP. OP, you should at least be able to solo p1 with cls, zeta raid han, and jaws engineer, maybe you don't need JE but I saw the vid with him, and that's just how I do it now. I typically try to escape cls before that phase ends or after it does in p2 and still get him out to use in later phases ..

from the vids if you have those comps/zetas you can prob finish it off, but p2 is gonna be your hardest phase, so make sure all your guildies focus on that one. P4 can be solo'd with bb8, did it first try when I got him 7* this weekend. Poe needs 232+ speed to,get you off and running.

P3 you can do with an empire team with thrawn zeta'd, if not youncan chunk it down pretty easily with that, a cls team, chirpatine, etc. you can carry a lot on your back with your roster.
  • The biggest differences between being HAAT ready and not, is gear and mods. Once you have that it's all about strategy as to what phase to use each team on.