Props

Prev1
I am so tired of the entitled nerd whining around here. Enjoy the game. Its fun. Spend money and get things other people can't, or play for free and be proud of the accomplishments you made without spending anything. I want to thank the devs for doing such a good job. I think I would quit if I was one of them and had to read the forum.

Replies

• I get so much information from the forums.
    lots of good strategy

all my guild mates are here too! hug!
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Chucke wrote: »
    I am so tired of the entitled nerd whining around here. Enjoy the game. Its fun. Spend money and get things other people can't, or play for free and be proud of the accomplishments you made without spending anything. I want to thank the devs for doing such a good job. I think I would quit if I was one of them and had to read the forum.

Goodness me! A sane post on the forum!

I agree with all of the above, whining does no one any good. As my grandmother is fond of saying "can't never did anything".
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • APX_919 wrote: »

Goodness me! A sane post on the forum!

I agree with all of the above, whining does no one any good. As my grandmother is fond of saying "can't never did anything".

Whining got Battlefront to remove their scam boxes. I'm all for paying to play, but I do not like being taken advantage of.
  • I don't see how you are being taken advantage of. Did you watch the movie. It was super obvious who would be required. A f2p person could reach the goal if they put a little thought into it and planned appropriately.
  • Chucke wrote: »
    I don't see how you are being taken advantage of. Did you watch the movie. It was super obvious who would be required. A f2p person could reach the goal if they put a little thought into it and planned appropriately.

Do you realise that you assume too much? Have you ever heard of TB? You know we needed characters for that too right? The problem with people like you is that you isolate an event and forget about all others
    I don't see how you are being taken advantage of. Did you watch the movie. It was super obvious who would be required. A f2p person could reach the goal if they put a little thought into it and planned appropriately.

No, they really couldn't, without being lucky enough to get high rank in arena/ships. And make no mistake, your success is almost entirely due to luck over the hundreds of other players farming the exact same characters as you. You got better mods, better shard drops, G War/Fleet handed you the ships you needed, faster than your opposition and your advantage snowballed to being in the top 5 while they are in the top 50.

Enjoy a game while being locked out of content? Do you see the fallacy here? Also enjoy a game when you drop 50 ranks in arena and receive even less resources for the next time? You think needing 2 characters at 7 stars from the most expensive nodes in the game means we are stuck farming them for months right?
  • storypeterj
    27 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    How could f2p have achieved 7* Vets? I'm f2p, and as soon as they released, all of my crystals have been spent on farming them. They won't be 7* in time unless drop rates change drastically. It's one thing to say, "Don't complain if you're not willing to pay," and another thing entirely to assert that f2p actually had a chance here.
  • And? Decide what's important to you and go after it. A game isn't fun if you can do everything right away. Unless your goal is to show off. There is no way to be awesome at everything on this game at the same time. Pick a couple of things and work on them. I working on Rey and Phoenix. My ships suck. My goal is in the top 500 for arena.That's all I should expect for F2p. F2p is cannon fodder for whales so they can feel accomplished. I feel accomplished for not having spent a dime.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member

The only way a ftp player can unlock rey is if they hoarded thousands of crystals since before the event was even announced, and are at the top of both ship and toon arenas. Because 3x cantina refreshes every day since the vets were put in nodes isnt enough.
  • Never stop complaining playerbase. Acknowledge and give props to what is done well, but never stop complaining!
  • Completely agree
  • Chucke
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    There are f2p players who did it. They were very good at planning. I don't think you should ever be able to do any of these things the first time around unless you pay. That's what keeps the game here. The few f2P players that planned well and are going to get her, and deserve her. I, by the way, am not one of them. They were smart enough to see this coming and hoarded crystals and also bought them with free crystal out of shipments before they were available on nodes. Its a strategy game and they had a good strategy.
  • If we were talking like $25 or something I’d agree with you. But we’re talking about over $1000 for one character.
  • DatBoi wrote: »

The only way a ftp player can unlock rey is if they hoarded thousands of crystals since before the event was even announced, and are at the top of both ship and toon arenas. Because 3x cantina refreshes every day since the vets were put in nodes isnt enough.

I mean it wasn't really that much. Hoarded 6000, get top 5 in fleet, and top 50 in arena and should make it easy. Plenty of crystals for 5 refreshes a day. So for I've only gone down 1200 crystals from when I started with the freebies they've thrown at us.

And hoarding 6000 only took a couple weeks of refraining from buying gear, and only doing 3x regular energy refreshes. Which I've stopped at this point just for the extra insurance. I'm hoping to end up with a bunch of crystals by the time it ends. If I drop below 2000 I'd be shocked.
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »

Enjoy a game while being locked out of content? Do you see the fallacy here? Also enjoy a game when you drop 50 ranks in arena and receive even less resources for the next time? You think needing 2 characters at 7 stars from the most expensive nodes in the game means we are stuck farming them for months right?

U are not locked out of content. Spend some money. And the killing part to this is u can get her eventually totally free so how are u being wronged by not spending but expecting something to nothing which u will get but just not right now.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Ploosh wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »

I mean it wasn't really that much. Hoarded 6000, get top 5 in fleet, and top 50 in arena and should make it easy. Plenty of crystals for 5 refreshes a day. So for I've only gone down 1200 crystals from when I started with the freebies they've thrown at us.

And hoarding 6000 only took a couple weeks of refraining from buying gear, and only doing 3x regular energy refreshes. Which I've stopped at this point just for the extra insurance. I'm hoping to end up with a bunch of crystals by the time it ends. If I drop below 2000 I'd be shocked.

Thank you for confirming my point. (6000 = multiple thousands) (5 and 50 in arenas = top)
  • I think our point is that these are the only f2p players who should expect to get her the first time around. You shouldn't feel butt hurt because they aren't just handing her to you. You can get her next time and for free. I will prob have to wait for a couple of more times. Because Im not spending money.
  • DatBoi wrote: »

Thank you for confirming my point. (6000 = multiple thousands) (5 and 50 in arenas = top)

So your point was that it's not that hard? I def wouldn't call 50 top of arena. And I'm on a day 1 arena shard.

Fleet kinda depends on how hard your shard is, but there's tons of F2P players hitting top 5 without much effort. If you got stuck in a whale shard I could see that not being much of an option for crystal income, which would definitely make it a lot harder.

GP of 1.8 mil going against mostly 3 mil GP players. Haven't spent a penny yet.
  • The reason people are upset is because she is undoubtedly going to be a meta changing character with multiple zetas. When CLS dropped, you had a reasonable chance to get him provided you had been playing the game for some period of time.

This event doesn't jive with that at all. This is a total money grab, but in a much worse way. You could still reasonable panic farm for the CLS event as a f2p player. With the Vets being on 16 energy cantina nodes, you simply can't pump enough into them as a f2p. I saved up 1500 crystals specifically to be able to farm the Vets and I'm not going to get anywhere close to 7* before the event ends.
  • Yeah CLS was definitely way easier to get, but imo Thrawn was way harder to have a decent shot to 7*. At least with this one it was pretty obvious for a long time who it was gonna be. I don't see why planning ahead a little is so friggin hard in a mobile game, especially When people care so much to get her 7* first time around.

I'm actually surprised they're letting us get away with Rey and Finn being in the final team, as that makes it way easier for anyone who's been playing the game for a year+
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Yeah CLS was definitely way easier to get, but imo Thrawn was way harder to have a decent shot to 7*. At least with this one it was pretty obvious for a long time who it was gonna be. I don't see why planning ahead a little is so friggin hard in a mobile game, especially When people care so much to get her 7* first time around.

I'm actually surprised they're letting us get away with Rey and Finn being in the final team, as that makes it way easier for anyone who's been playing the game for a year+

The difference between thrawn and rey is that thrawn was unlockable at 5 stars
  • I too am surprised there aren't more requirements. If they really wanted to see how desperate people were for video game characters they would have make a 7 star falcon or poes ship a requirement. See just how willing the whales are to spend.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

So your point was that it's not that hard? I def wouldn't call 50 top of arena. And I'm on a day 1 arena shard.

Fleet kinda depends on how hard your shard is, but there's tons of F2P players hitting top 5 without much effort. If you got stuck in a whale shard I could see that not being much of an option for crystal income, which would definitely make it a lot harder.

GP of 1.8 mil going against mostly 3 mil GP players. Haven't spent a penny yet.

spending 500 crystals a day on a prediction is not what i'd call easy. In hindsight it's always easier to say it wasn't that hard.
    (i did farm the vets from the moment they were released, usually just 3*100 though)
    Save water, drink champagne!

lmao is that a joke vet han and chewie just became f2p there is no way we can farm them in time
  • they have been f2p for a long time if you spent your crystals in shipments
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    they have been f2p for a long time if you spent your crystals in shipments

if you buy the shards in shipments, that kinda defeats the purpose of them being f2p.
    Anyway, it doesn't really matter. You're happy that you're going to buy rey and it's difficult for f2p players to get her, even impossible for some f2p players, wich probably puts you at a serious advantage.
    That's totally fine, you should be happy about that. Why not just leave it at that?
  • im not buying her. I stopped farming more than a month ago when it became obvious vets were needed. I will get her next time. im not going to invest that much time and effort into one character.
  • Some people had to farm FOST, FOO, FOTF and the vets also....
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    im not buying her. I stopped farming more than a month ago when it became obvious vets were needed. I will get her next time. im not going to invest that much time and effort into one character.

i'm sorry, nevermind my previous comment. I got mixed up in what thread i was responding.