RG the next Poe?

There will be an update on Royal Guard:
"In addition, Royal Guard Taunts for 1 turn whenever another ally falls below 50% Health."

Against high dps Attacker, he could taunt faster than poe, or did i miss something?

Replies

• Poe was never about the taunt. It was his turn meter reduction. So no. But It does make him better higher up.
  • five2zero wrote: »
    There will be an update on Royal Guard:
    "In addition, Royal Guard Taunts for 1 turn whenever another ally falls below 50% Health."

Against high dps Attacker, he could taunt faster than poe, or did i miss something?

Yes. Start farming Royal Guard. RG is the next Poe (better one)
  • Not even close. Get Anakin with QGJ lead and attack RG to put buff immunity and voilà. Crisis averted there is no next Poe, thank me later.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    "In addition, Royal Guard Taunts for 1 turn whenever another ally falls below 50% Health." I apologize, I can't help but laugh. In the end game high speed/damage meta. How often are you really below 50% health? It's more like 100% to 0. In the rare event you are below 50%, you are losing that character next turn. By the time RG is up, and has taunt up, that was "so yesterday" and typically the last one standing anyways.
  • Anraeth wrote: »
    "In addition, Royal Guard Taunts for 1 turn whenever another ally falls below 50% Health." I apologize, I can't help but laugh. In the end game high speed/damage meta. How often are you really below 50% health? It's more like 100% to 0. In the rare even you are below 50%, you are losing that character next turn. By the time RG is up, and has taunt up, that was "so yesterday" and typically the last one standing anyways.

Currently RG fires off his taunt mid assist. Doesn't change the target of the secondary assist attack but even if the character is dead from 100% to 0% taunt is fired.
  • Royal Guard is very durable and while it may not effect Arena like Poe did, it will make harder Dark Side battles easier IMO.
    "In addition, Royal Guard Taunts for 1 turn whenever another ally falls below 50% Health." I apologize, I can't help but laugh. In the end game high speed/damage meta. How often are you really below 50% health? It's more like 100% to 0. In the rare even you are below 50%, you are losing that character next turn. By the time RG is up, and has taunt up, that was "so yesterday" and typically the last one standing anyways.

Currently RG fires off his taunt mid assist. Doesn't change the target of the secondary assist attack but even if the character is dead from 100% to 0% taunt is fired.

Good to know, I've never seen him outside the day 1 meta.
  • High dps? Which caves does this stem from?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Anraeth wrote: »

If this is the way he works he's better than Poe.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Anticipating nerf RG threads on patch day.

Just to clear in case someone misunderstands, QGJ uses assist on X, takes X to 47%, RG taunt is fired, Y kills off X. RG has taunt.

Rey attacks Z, OHKO. RG doesn't fire any taunt.

So a character needs to drop below the threshold (50%) be alive at that moment and then the taunt will fire off, if it is an instagib there is no taunt.

At least that is how it works right now with 25%.
  • Corndog131
    313 posts Member
    edited February 2016

Just to clear in case someone misunderstands, QGJ uses assist on X, takes X to 47%, RG taunt is fired, Y kills off X. RG has taunt.

Rey attacks Z, OHKO. RG doesn't fire any taunt.

So a character needs to drop below the threshold (50%) be alive at that moment and then the taunt will fire off, if it is an instagib there is no taunt.

At least that is how it works right now with 25%.

Yes. Just like FOTP advantage does not activate if an opponent is one-shotted, neither will Royal Guard's taunt be activated if one of our characters is one-shotted.