Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• LordDirt wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    banevader wrote: »
    yet another forum post of all the rage because people didn't listen, people don't spend and don't get, and so on. if you have not been farming FO since the first bb8 event for this, you made a big mistake. if you are not farming vets on top of the free shards, yet another mistake for the second go round if you miss the first.
    Here’s where you are wrong. Plenty of people
    Have been farming vets since their release in cantina. However the drop rate is trash, the energy cost is high, and even with refreshes is not realistic. Rey, Finn and BB8 is reasonable at 7* because they’ve been out awhile and the BB8 requirements has been known for months. Where’s Poe? He played a big part. Why not 5* for the vets???? That would make the most sense.
    Honestly what would help players is a releas of an event similar to wicket and MT with higher payouts that would let players unlock 80 shards overall in conjunction with a $9.99 pack for each unlocking 40 additional shards per toon. That would be fair and good business

Please inform us all when Poe and Rey met.

He didn’t play a massive role in TFA? Wow you are dense

Still waiting for you to tell me when they met.

Lmao are you high? When they were planning the assault on star killer base...
  • Excellent exactly as we thought I’m ready how cool
  • Would you guys stop the negative comments some of us actually love this game...
  • Baldusi wrote: »
    I have been farming FO since the day BB-8 first appeared. The I started buying (F2P) the vets from shipments since the day Rey’s Journey was announced. Then I’ve been doing 3 refreshes with any surplus spent on vets in shipments. If you can get top 50 in Arena and top 10 in fleet and only spent on the vets since the announcement of the journey, it was doable.

Ok, so if you did that and ignored everything else in the game, then you might have been ready. Cool, after this should I just ignore TB, TW, and my raids to get ready for the Heroic event next June?
  • LordDirt
    4985 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    yet another forum post of all the rage because people didn't listen, people don't spend and don't get, and so on. if you have not been farming FO since the first bb8 event for this, you made a big mistake. if you are not farming vets on top of the free shards, yet another mistake for the second go round if you miss the first.
    Have been farming vets since their release in cantina. However the drop rate is trash, the energy cost is high, and even with refreshes is not realistic. Rey, Finn and BB8 is reasonable at 7* because they’ve been out awhile and the BB8 requirements has been known for months. Where’s Poe? He played a big part. Why not 5* for the vets???? That would make the most sense.
    Honestly what would help players is a releas of an event similar to wicket and MT with higher payouts that would let players unlock 80 shards overall in conjunction with a $9.99 pack for each unlocking 40 additional shards per toon. That would be fair and good business

That will be fun playing that out in this game.

PS: She was with Kylo Ren

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Rujedi
    141 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Now to put a cherry on the cake can we please have cls event by Christmas.....then it’s a stellar year ending sorry that’s icing on the cake lol

I think it’s more fun you missed the whole meat of my post and focused on that one little section. But hey everything they roll out makes sense huh? Did leia and Rey ever really meet before the hugged and she completely ignored Chewie?
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Are you high? Rey was already captured and on starkiller base when the planning happened.

I think it’s more fun you missed the whole meat of my post and focused on that one little section. But hey everything they roll out makes sense huh? Did leia and Rey ever really meet before the hugged and she completely ignored Chewie?

But what does leia have to do with this?
  • Preparing the update seems eternal
  • Jamesm wrote: »

Omg you guys are seriously dense. Regardless of how much Rey and Poe interacted, the main idea is that this is dumb requirements. Stop deflecting from the main point...

• Boomer8800 wrote: »
    what no Falcon requirement? Disappointing..

That was never going to be the case. Doesn’t follow the legendary event pattern.
  • Snooze135 wrote: »
    Look guys.... I definitely hear what you're saying. This is an impossible farm if you start right now. The thing is, is that we had the entire community as well as Youtubers preaching these requirements for the last month and a half. Many of my shard mates as well as guild mates saved nearly every crystal earned in that time and will now be prepared for Rey in a free to play manner.
    I know the response will be that not everyone can take 1 or even top 10 daily in both arena's daily.... But that's exactly who is going to have Rey. If you are in the top 100 or further you likely won't even have deal with her at all as many people will miss out on Rey this time around.
    I get its frustrating and that everyone wants to have the new shiny thing but just remember there is a lot of the community in your boat as well.... And next time if you really care to have the character of this caliber the first time around then do the things that are necessary as early as you possibly can.

There are other factors, you had to place high in arena and/or fleet arena to have the crystals to farm the Vets and to buy them out of the shop. Which is possible, however they also dropped DS TB and TW on us; which people had to spend gear, credits, energy and crystals to adapt to as well.

If you are a long time Vet player with a mature roster, one probably didnt need to do anything for either of those but there is a large segment of players that need to level and farm DS toons, mods ect for all the squads required for these 2 events.

But I do agree if one placed high and did not spend their crystals then yes F2P could get there feasibly. I would've been there if I was buying shards from the shop when they released however I'll just drop 50 on crystals and get there now that we know for sure.
  • I am hoping the status will change soon so that we can get details of the update
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    what no Falcon requirement? Disappointing..

That was never going to be the case. Doesn’t follow the legendary event pattern.

Follows the business model though
  • Requirements are
    7 Star BB8 requires a full First Order team.

So the marqee event requires
    7* Rey, Finn, Old Han, Old Chewie, BB8, Kylo Ren, Phasma, Tie FO Pilot, FO Stormtrooper, FO Officer.

And we have nine days to achieve this.
    For new players who were introduced to the game w the rey google play cards, its a huge slap in the face.

I hope this event gains news traction as another EA cash grab.

I love this game, hate the transactions.

Keep being mad you didn't listen to players like myself and get Vet Han and Chewie. Have fun!
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    Jamesm wrote: »

Omg you guys are seriously dense. Regardless of how much Rey and Poe interacted, the main idea is that this is dumb requirements. Stop deflecting from the main point...

The requirements are fine (in fact theyre really the only ones that make sense). The problem is the location of the vets and the time between placing them there and the event.
  • We need to know if it’s this soon...
  • On the other hand - how much less would people bother spending on the game if they could easily get the new content for free?

CG is pushing the envelope with this one, I guess. I don’t play many other games so can’t really compare. I’m guessing that the 2nd recurring event in the calendar this month will be CLS, as their way of throwing F2P players a bone
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    Thanks for confirmation on required toons, but please show us her kit
    Goober1_ wrote: »
    Thanks for confirmation on required toons, but please show us her kit

Haven’t you learned anything from the news? You never ask to see a lady’s kit....
  • MaceWindude
    33 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I would bet if you wait 95 more minutes when the game updates/resets the day, they will say.
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Jamesm wrote: »

The requirements are fine (in fact theyre really the only ones that make sense). The problem is the location of the vets and the time between placing them there and the event.

It all ties into one another though. Had they placed them in shipments like arena or GW then it DOES make sense to push them at 7*. But not at the worst farm and terrible drop rates. So their placement makes the required * level messed up
  • Her basic attack will have a 45% chance to stun

She will have an AOE daze

She will have a cleanse

One of her uniques will be just like Vader lead except with expose

Keep being mad you didn't listen to players like myself and get Vet Han and Chewie. Have fun!

Lmao actually I’ve been farming them since they were released with refreshes. Sorry we can’t spend cash or have great luck like you. Careful walking through doors and around sharp objects. Wouldn’t want all that hot air to come out of your head at once.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    NicWester wrote: »
    needed a month of prep time to farm and gear

I mean, it’ll be back... You can get it next time.

I'm pretty sure they've been farmable for close to 2 weeks and as soon as the event was announced people said we would need them as well lol

In fairness, I’ve been farming them since they hit the board and only have Han at 5 and Chewbacca at 4 and need 412 shards to finish off both but can only farm one at a time because they’re on the same mode. So it’s not like “They’ve been farmable two weeks!” is quite the domino slam you seem to think it is.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Don't mind having to farm some characters, but vet shards are rarer than unicorn poop. Without paying, it would take until June to get both to 7*, so light saber Rey can go kitten herself.