Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Requirements are
    7 Star BB8 requires a full First Order team.

So the marqee event requires
    7* Rey, Finn, Old Han, Old Chewie, BB8, Kylo Ren, Phasma, Tie FO Pilot, FO Stormtrooper, FO Officer.

And we have nine days to achieve this.
    For new players who were introduced to the game w the rey google play cards, its a huge slap in the face.

I hope this event gains news traction as another EA cash grab.

I love this game, hate the transactions.

Except its a f2p game. These mechanics have always been in f2p games. The outrage was placing f2p mechanics in a AAA console game you pay full price for.
  • xGriiMErZ wrote: »
    I don't thnik they would give the kit, might give stuff away from the movie

Was my guess too
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    She will have
    1. Basic that does damage
    2. Special that does some stuff
    3. Probably couple unique abilities that do things
  • Tavanh wrote: »
    I'm not surprised at this move. I'm surprised Millennium Falcon isn't required.

That's the one thing I find surprising, as well.

I don't like the requirements. I don't like that they put the Vets on 16-energy Cantina nodes. I knew these requirements were coming, though...and I'll be ready before the event ends. I think.

It required some judicious crystal saving and being able to do pretty well in Fleet and Squad Arenas. If not for that, I would have likely had to spend significant amounts, because my Vets were only 3* when I started farming. Need 145 more shards between the two of them before event ends.

• Her basic attack will have a 45% chance to stun

She will have an AOE daze

She will have a cleanse

One of her uniques will be just like Vader lead except with expose

Whenever an enemy loses expose they regain it lol

Could you imagine
  • Calx wrote: »
    In other words, $$$ is required to complete the event.

Nope. I’ve been FTP since talzin nonsense. I’ll have the geezer squad to 7 in about 8-9 days. Didn’t spend a cent.

Details, please?

From the day they started in shipments I used my roughly 600 free crystals a day to buy their shipments. I’m #1 in ships and usually 25-40 in arena.

Banked the max cantina energy for double drops.

Spend all 600 daily crystals on nothing but cantina refreshes, between 4-5 daily.

And I still have more than 2 weeks to farm.
  • Her primary ability will be to remove money from peoples wallets.
  • FieldL wrote: »
    Don’t say no way. There are players who have been farming veterans for months (buy shards from shipment with crystals) and got them to 7* without spending.

Also, why do u think all the F2P players should get the same experience as P2P players. Why should the better characters be available for free?

Why should the better characters be hundreds of dollars (or the crystal equivalent)?
    Buddy wrote: »
    On the other hand - how much less would people bother spending on the game if they could easily get the new content for free?

How much more would they spend if $50 would buy anything meaningful? I used to maintain the crystal subscription and at least $20 crystal pack every month. When the crystal booster was removed, I took a hard look, and it reinforced how little moderate advantage spending gave. Platoons recently also reminded me it's only worth spending if you're in a guild that collectively drops 5-10 grand a month, as they're whale guild only.
  • Eclipso wrote: »
    Her primary ability will be to remove money from peoples wallets.

Force ATM Withdrawal (Zeta)
    Upon seeing Jedi Rey in the Arena, the opposing team has a 100% chance of zeroing their bank account to challenge her. This effect cannot be dodged, evaded or resisted.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Jamesm wrote: »
    Requirements are
    7 Star BB8 requires a full First Order team.

So the marqee event requires
    7* Rey, Finn, Old Han, Old Chewie, BB8, Kylo Ren, Phasma, Tie FO Pilot, FO Stormtrooper, FO Officer.

And we have nine days to achieve this.
    For new players who were introduced to the game w the rey google play cards, its a huge slap in the face.

I hope this event gains news traction as another EA cash grab.

I love this game, hate the transactions.

Except its a f2p game. These mechanics have always been in f2p games. The outrage was placing f2p mechanics in a AAA console game you pay full price for.

Can I have a version of this game that's only $60 bucks but gives decent value, as opposed to macrotransactions?
  • Hockystyxx wrote: »
    Oh and also, this movie is the biggest Star Wars movie to date with so much Hype. You shouldn't have been getting you're hopes up and expect this upcoming event that's hyped up FROM THE MOVIE to be the event they choose to be easier to acquire the character. They will give us some slack in the future, but I forsure wasn't getting my hopes up. I'm probably gonna end up acquiring her 5 MAYBE 6. But i thought it through awhile ago, like Feb. when they revamped all FO.

She unlocks at 7* just like CLS. If she was like Thrawn, Palp and GM Yoda where you could get her at 5* it wouldn’t be an issue. Nobody really said boo when that happened.
  • Rey is a p2p event plain and simple... If you haven't been spending crystals in shipments for the Vets, you won't have them 7-star in time.
  • scuba
    14039 posts Member
    Eclipso wrote: »
    Her primary ability will be to remove money from peoples wallets.

Sucking-Money-78322.gif
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    The problem with the requirements does not only require the Vets (which were released for farming like 2 weeks ago), but it requires BB8, and thus a whole First Order team as well. So the requirements really end up being:
    Rey
    Finn
    VS Han
    VS Chewbacca
    BB8
    Kylo Ren
    Captain Phasma
    FOST
    FOTP
    FOO

Overall it takes about 6 months to have all the stuff you need to be farmed.
    There is a supremely delicate balance farming 4 different characters who are all exclusive to Cantina Battles (I guess Finn and Kylo aren't exclusive per say...but with Finn having 1 hard node and both having a once a week appearance in the guild store, they're pretty much exclusive to Cantina Battles), especially when each take roughly a month to farm without refreshes. That's 4 months farming in Cantina Battles (which will also get you FOO) without refreshes.

Phasma takes about 2 weeks in Galactic War. Easy.

Rey takes roughly 2 months to farm from Hard Nodes and Guild Store

Then there are the last 2. 4 months farming in Cantina Battles is bad enough, but then there's the added on requirement--FOST. He has 3 hard nodes. That's it. Without refreshes, he's going to take about 4-6 months. Once you have him you can get BB8, and you're ready.

I started farming my FO team back in August (pure luck that I did) and finished them about a week ago. Finn and the VSs all being needed from the same source was the real source of the money grab. You just aren't able to farm 3 characters from the same place in time--especially when the time slot started 2 weeks ago. The real catch is needing FOST and 4 characters that are exclusive to Cantina Battles.

Here's my point: You can argue that this event is F2P, but it really varies from player to player. Sure, if you're getting 200+ gems from arena every day and can do 2+ cantina refreshes AND already had Finn, you may be able to get the VSs done in time. If you're F2P and didn't start at least a year ago, you probably don't have enough gems to supply the farming you need to do. If you started over a year ago and/or have CLS, then there is a chance this event is F2P for you (if you already had resistance and FO farmed). Otherwise, you're going to be spending $100+ on this event.

TL;DR: Unless you've been playing for over a year and had all the right teams farmed, you're going to be spending over $100 on this event.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • As expected.... It's time for panic farm!!! :D
  • SpeedRacer wrote: »
    As expected.... It's time for panic farm!!! :D

Why? We already knew who was needed.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    As expected.... It's time for panic farm!!! :D

The time to panic farm was like a month ago when they announced this event was coming. If you haven't started your panic farms yet, I wouldn't even bother unless you plan on spending $100+.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • scuba wrote: »
    She will have

post of the year.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    banevader wrote: »
    yet another forum post of all the rage because people didn't listen, people don't spend and don't get, and so on. if you have not been farming FO since the first bb8 event for this, you made a big mistake. if you are not farming vets on top of the free shards, yet another mistake for the second go round if you miss the first.
    Here’s where you are wrong. Plenty of people
    Have been farming vets since their release in cantina. However the drop rate is trash, the energy cost is high, and even with refreshes is not realistic. Rey, Finn and BB8 is reasonable at 7* because they’ve been out awhile and the BB8 requirements has been known for months. Where’s Poe? He played a big part. Why not 5* for the vets???? That would make the most sense.
    Honestly what would help players is a releas of an event similar to wicket and MT with higher payouts that would let players unlock 80 shards overall in conjunction with a $9.99 pack for each unlocking 40 additional shards per toon. That would be fair and good business

Please inform us all when Poe and Rey met.

He didn’t play a massive role in TFA? Wow you are dense

Still waiting for you to tell me when they met.

Lmao are you high? When they were planning the assault on star killer base...

That will be fun playing that out in this game.

I think it’s more fun you missed the whole meat of my post and focused on that one little section. But hey everything they roll out makes sense huh? Did leia and Rey ever really meet before the hugged and she completely ignored Chewie?

Keep being mad you didn't listen to players like myself and get Vet Han and Chewie. Have fun!

Lmao actually I’ve been farming them since they were released with refreshes. Sorry we can’t spend cash or have great luck like you. Careful walking through doors and around sharp objects. Wouldn’t want all that hot air to come out of your head at once.

You mad bro?

You a troll bro?
  • I refuse to panic farm and spend hundreds to just have her. I will be able to 5* BB8. thats fine i can work on FO while i gear up BB8.

I am CLS ready
    wont be long until i have 7* GK.

life is good.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.
    AtlasMKx wrote: »
    I've always been a supporter for CG but this is complete kitten. Merry Christmas, whales only.

F2p here, I'll probably manage to get her, better luck next time folks

Not without spending crystals that you paid for likely. Unless you saved crystals for like 4 months prior
  • scuba wrote: »
    She will have

post of the year.

You forgot to add that the 3 unqiues (maybe 1 leader) will all have zetas :-)

~D
  • If you are going to make her unlockable at 7*, with TWO CANTINA 16 energy node farm, least you could sous to give us more time to farm them.

I don't know how do you expect f2p to unlock this, or maybe that's the deal, making p2p exclusive.

I know there were rumours, but that's what this were: rumours.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    I’ve defended nearly every decision made by y’all. I defended the requirements for CLS (even though I didn’t get him), the chimeara, thrawn, bb-8, etc. I’ve defended release schedules, events, hasty updates, and the power creep. But this, this is some major kitten. I’ve spent 300 crystals every single day on cantina energy, using it only on starring my vets, and they’re still only 5 stars.

Unless you give out free shards, this is the first time I’m willing to call a character p2p, because Rey absolutely will be. There is no way somebody will be able to unlock the new Rey without spending money which is wrong and undermines everything I have enjoyed about this game for the last two years.
    I've always been a supporter for CG but this is complete kitten. Merry Christmas, whales only.

Not without spending crystals that you paid for likely. Unless you saved crystals for like 4 months prior

Bingo. Lotta p2p players on here pretending they aren't buying or are one of the only ones who magically saved the 15,000 crystals needed to farm the veterans...
  • Nothing new from me that many others haven't already stated, but if anyone in development is bothering to read these I didn't want to keep silent. I had to do some farming to get CLS, but I got it done, as most of the characters needed were useful and available LONG before the release of the event. The fact that both veterans are needed at 7 for Rey, (yes, I've been aware that was a legit possibility and have been prepping for them), and were just made available in 16 energy cantina nodes is poor fan treatment. My only guildmates that are in a decent position to get Rey - now the face of the franchise - are those finishing at the top of their arenas, or those willing to shell out $$. I am not able/willing to do either. I know they are running a business, and it is my choice to not pay for content on a free game. So I'll be missing out on my favorite character, despite having a massive roster, and two straight years of daily playing. I know it's just one character, but the disappointment with this is carrying over to the rest of the game. They might be losing me with this.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »

Bingo. Lotta p2p players on here pretending they aren't buying or are one of the only ones who magically saved the 15,000 crystals needed to farm the veterans...

there's also lotta people on here pretending it's impossible even for nifty f2p players though ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!