Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    45/100 finn 55/65 Han and Chewie :/

too much work in too little time and too broke to afford packs lol

funny how everyone complains about Bf2 Pay2win but this game is the Epitome of P2W lol and nobody says anything about it lol

F2p mobile games are completely different from full priced console games.... and this game is hardly p2w
  • Options

funny how everyone complains about Bf2 Pay2win but this game is the Epitome of P2W lol and nobody says anything about it lol

Believe me ... everyone knows!
  • Options
    This is end-game material. This is added layers for the guys at the top with nothing to do but, Arena, GW, Fleet Arena - New players still have a lot to do, get your Phoenix ready for Palpatine/Thrawn, Empire ready for R2, Rebels ready for CLS, Jedi ready for Yoda and so on. Hell, most new players won’t even be able to participate in the Legendary events anyway.
    Why is this community so annoyingly toxic?
    This is after all, a free game, supported by the whales/krakens in the community - You need to keep them satified, to actually make them pay for more content, so the games life-span will go on.
  • Options
    Also the forums have been pretty much nonstop complaining about it all day. Not sure how you missed it ...
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »

F2p mobile games are completely different from full priced console games.... and this game is hardly p2w

+1
  • Options
    If it was all free this game would not exist
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Still CG/EA doesn't seem to understand that participation in this event will be a lot lower. Most people had most if not all needed for cls. These vets are too new, share the same energy on the farm all while they pulled us in 45 different directions with their ls tb pull, then jerking us back to ds tbs then full roster pull with wars... I wonder when they think we had the time or energy to go after the two...
  • Options
    How is it p2w? Bf2 they wanted to charge for content after people plopped down sixty dollars for the game in this game u paid nothing to play it and u can continue to play for free and still get the same stuff playing players get for free. There are some ftp people who are ill get Rey it was not hard or impossible
  • Options
    Have to keep the lights on
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Options
    Vesch wrote: »
    Still CG/EA doesn't seem to understand that participation in this event will be a lot lower. Most people had most if not all needed for cls. These vets are too new, share the same energy on the farm all while they pulled us in 45 different directions with their ls tb pull, then jerking us back to ds tbs then full roster pull with wars... I wonder when they think we had the time or energy to go after the two...
    Time? They don't care about your time, they want you to spend money.
  • Options
    Calx wrote: »
    "We all knew that the Vets would be needed."

No, we did not know. Knowing implies certainty. Congrats for guessing correctly.

Now imagine a world where it wasn't the Vets, but rather 2-3 different characters. How furious would you be in this moment? If your answer isn't "burst-blood-vessel, blood-pouring-out-of-my-nose-angry", then you're lying to yourself.

An awful lot of people here are breaking their arms patting themselves on the back for their fantastic luck. Please try to develop a modicum of self-awareness.
    Everyone that saw TFA knew who was needed
  • Options
    Good...good....keep the tears coming
  • Options
    IronRanger wrote: »
    Hopefully they have a non crystal pack available as those are defined quantity of shards
    They got one up now
  • Options
    This is a free game - You can delete it whenever you won’t without having to pay for anything - We have guys in my shard at the top of the arena who are completely F2P. Stop complaining, they didn’t even put out 1.299 crystal packs for the Vets, so they are not going to make it all P2W.
    Hell, I have been playing since Dec. 2015, and I’m yet to unlock CLS, due to not having Old Ben, as one of the 13 toons that was yet to be unlocked when CLS was even announced.
    Let the whales and krakens keep the game alive, they are the ones PAYING to keep the game running, so CG employees can actually get paid for further developing the game.
    Stop complaining about everything, you narrowminded buggers.. There’s more to it than this.
  • Antisora
    105 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    This game is definitely p2w. Like, the complete definition of it. Nightsisters are the perfect example. Literally impossible to rank them up if you didn’t spend money and they’re the perfect counter to the current meta.

But I’m ok with that because the game is free to play. I expect a free to play game to push micro transactions.
  • Options
    Ha ha u go sit in the corner
  • DavidSPumpkins
    156 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Bottom line: 3x cantina refresh everyday (with two days of double drops) since release is not enough

If CG wants to even pretend that Rey isn’t ptp, we need more

You're right, it's not enough. I took a calculated risk and started buying them from shipments the moment they were available. Double drops got me to 0/100.

Those that didn't take the leap of faith on shipments likely won't get to reap the rewards. What do you think the response would be from those of us who farmed these unnecessary (although not bad) characters had they turned out to not be needed at all?

If you want somebody to blame, turn that finger on yourself. The hints were there. The rumors were going around. It was easy enough to infer the direction this event was taking. You were being cautious and will likely miss out. If I didn't get the jump start from farming shipments, I would miss out too. If the falcon was required, I surely wouldn't make it.

Some background: I've only unlocked all the legendary characters 5* the first time around, except CLS. I got lucky with that one because my collection was rebel heavy and only had OB left to finish from 5*. I learned from those experiences. I have not yet been playing for a year.
    Post edited by DavidSPumpkins on
  • Options
    JalenVane wrote: »
    So we just got the announce of the characters we need. We all expected that it will be Rey Scavenger BB8 Finn and the Veterans. There’s only one small problem...The Veterans... Why you may ask? Here’s why!

The veterans were release on the week of the anniversary of SWGOH which was exactly two weeks ago. Now they gave us a two day double drop. The Veterans are precisely on the last two nodes of Cantina. Making it 16 cantina energy per match.

Here’s where it gets interesting. Ive been farming both of them since the begining. Completely F2P. And today I made both 5 stars. We have one more week which it will give at least me the chance to 6 star just one.

Now for the big question...

Will there be ANY HELP whatsoever that doesnt involve paying for a pack? Or are there only gonna be paying packs for this?

Oh don’t forget that double drop was right before the thrawn event, with the R2 event right after, with an anticipated cls event coming back. Hmm. I see what they did there.
  • DranEico
    2 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    First post. To say this event is a total joke. 7* unlock requiring toons that were free to play only within the past few weeks both on 16 energy cantina nodes and one day of double drops after the req announcement. Total and complete money grab pay to win move. Severely disappointed. consider this post filled with expletive deleted language.

And save me the we should all have had a premonition and known this was coming stuff. It was preceded by another 7* unlock event to drain resources further, along with a guild event with required toons that have little to no other value etc etc etc. Your naive if you think this hasn't been designed against an algorithm to determine simple macro point of diminishing returns: how far can they drive up the cost and milk the most suckers into blowing money before losing us en mass. Guess what? EA blew it on Battlefront, and this looks like another episode of bad econ on their part.
  • Options
    Is there any positive comments here? This has the opportunity to be such a great event. Ruined by panic farm tactics and money grabs. Our opinions mean nothing though. The only opinions they seem to hear is the ones spoken through our credit cards. I wish I didn’t love Star Wars so much. EA’s tactics make me so sick
  • Options
    DranEico wrote: »
    First post. To say this event is a total joke. 7* unlock requiring toons that were free to play only in the last week both on 16 energy cantina nodes and one day of double drops after the req announcement. Total and complete money grab pay to win move. Severely disappointed. consider this post filled with expletive deleted language.

Oh, there are pack$ you can buy so you can be that much closer to disappointment when you are still 200 shards away from both vets. It's very comforting. But you can also replay the events now... if you completed them in the first place. What am I saying, go buy packs
  • Options
    BTBAMthony wrote: »
    Is there any positive comments here? This has the opportunity to be such a great event. Ruined by panic farm tactics and money grabs. Our opinions mean nothing though. The only opinions they seem to hear is the ones spoken through our credit cards. I wish I didn’t love Star Wars so much. EA’s tactics make me so sick

Im with you
  • Options

Can a person even win this considering the type of game it is?
  • Options
    I actually hope nobody spends a cent on this.

7* veterans, get kittened.
  • Options

Can a person even win this considering the type of game it is?

No, it never ends. Think of it like a giant money sucking vacuum
  • Options
    F THIS GAME AND YOUR **** P2P B'S!

<3<3<3