Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    212Attack wrote: »
    this thread will prolly be shut down soon. The Truth is not somthing they seem to understand and wish to hear

That may be true but it is worth a shot and it’s the best we can do
  • Options
    What truth? And this has been said a hundred times in the mega post.

They want people to pay for Rey. Period. This shouldn’t be a big surprise.
  • Options
    In not a fan of panic farming, but if you can’t unlock Rey for $50 or less you are seriously playing the game wrong. Still that’s a lot, but it’s not hundreds
  • Options
    It’s not a surprise I don’t think for anyone I think people are just tired of being disappointed
  • Options
    i got o ask cause we have NO ONE in my guild who is even close to it. Expect this thread to be dropped. as this once again explains the total lack of caring for the only thing keeping this game afloat THE PLAYERS
  • Options
    E/A learned squat from the Battlefront 2 debacle.
  • Options
    U mean the paying players yep they are.
  • Options
    We have one or two non whales already to go. They had been farming the vets with energy buys from high arena rankings and have been around long enough for having a full resistance team to include unlocking BB8 completely last time.
  • Options
    was this intentional?
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
    miklrk.png
    29100ex.png
    16a9ksy.png

I'd honestly like to know what other shards look like, where all these F2P regularly earn top payout. In mine, ranks 1-100 are ~100k CLS teams.

I already know what an easy ship shard looks like: mine. The top 20 players rotate, and there isn't much competition beyond that. In ships, if I drop below 20 overnight, it's a pretty bad day. In arena, it's a good day if I can stay in the 30s.

If I drop into the 50s in Arena, it's a meh day. Because it's a hard shard.
    If I drop into the 50s in Ships, I'd probably jump out a window. Because it's an easy shard.

I'm not so deluded as to think that I'm particularly skilled in ships, so much as I was lucky to be in a shard with relatively tame and civil competition.

If you're posting about how you managed this farm as F2P with 1st place payouts, I'd really like to see what your shards (and swgoh profiles) look like.
  • Options
    You knew this was coming for a while... If should have known you needed BB8 at 7 stars... so farming FO was a given... You should have then vets in time if you have been farming with all your cant energy and 3 refreshes a day when they appeared in the shop. If not you can always buy the shard pack with 50 of each for real $$$.

So yes if your active and paying attention you should be able to get REY, and if you willing to drop $100 now you should get her as well. If you want to be " ", you can wait 4 months and he event will cycle around.
  • Options
    Yes
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    A most honest thing to do, rather than stringing people along for months and then disappointing them, would be to just put Rey in the store. One pack, 7* Rey, $249.99. At least that would be forthright and about the same cost to obtain her.
  • Dweezy
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Havoc57 wrote: »
    I don’t really ever comment here. But I don’t get it, I’m completely ftp since yoda first event. I manage top 5 in both arenas a day. And as long as you plan ahead to should be fine for events. Seems like a lot of complaining because of bad planning not really ea fault. Don’t get me wrong they do a lot of wrong and bad things but if your ftp, you have to gamble on the predictions and vets were predicted a long time ago. Well anyway I’m going back to just watching the forums.

Yeah, f2p here. I’ve been farming for this since September when the rumors started. I still won’t get her. I farmed all FO, all Resistance, and VSs as soon as they hit shipments. It’s the VSs that are going to catch everyone. They have been farmable for 2 weeks. That’s not planning, that’s outright money grabbing. I bought them from shipments but the fact is that gem cost is too high for only 4 shards. If you’re going to get her as p2w, you had to have had Resistance and fo farmed by the beginning of November so your focus could be solely on the the VSs, and you probably have to have been playing for over a year so you get enough gems every day to refresh 3+ times. I’m not saying being f2p is impossible for this event, but it is extremely unlikely.

I am f2p - been playing since game launch. I farmed resistance and FO a while back - BB8 was no issue for me.

But - these VS are. I started farming them as often as I could, but their crystal cost for a few shards was just too high.

Since G12 - my arena rank keeps slipping. I am surrounded in arena by p2p players barely staying below rank 200 these days - so its not like I earn top arena rewards in crystals to farm them. I did what I could do when I could - that about all I could hope for.

I took advantage of the double drops too, but they haven't been farmable from cantina long - I only just got them both to 5* yesterday so I have 185 shards each to get them to 7* - not possible, even if I bought the pack for 50 shards each that still leaves 135 shards EACH.

This is just like farming phoenix for thrawn back in June - but at least thrawn was unlockable at 5* for f2p - this Rey event is ridiculous.

I'm in the same boat. My arena shard is full of whales. You also cant compare this event to CLS (which I obtained entirely f2p with time to spare)

1. All CLS requirements were farmable for a LONG time before the event. Even if you say R2 wasnt, Empire for him definitely was. Rey's were not.
    2. R2 vs BB8 requirements: You had options with R2 for grinding characters, with BB8 you only have the 5 FO farmable characters. This is admittedly less of an issue since we have had a chance to grind those FO characters but the point is still valid
    3. The cantina nodes for CLS requirements (Old Ben, Farmboy Luke) were out extremely early in the game and 8 Energy nodes, VS are 16 AND had only 2 weeks to farm.

To be clear, personally I dont care that Rey is pretty much a p2p character. You all who pay kinda deserve something special for allowing the game to exist for the rest of us. My only point to this whole thing is telling F2P players that they should have prepared better isnt necessarily true. Some of us did hoard crystals and every currency) since the announcement of the legendary event and will still fall short. Oh well. Life goes on.

My question to the people who are paying or intend to pay for Rey is: do you want the game to continue this way in terms of every release requiring money investment? EA/CG will definitely be monitoring the spending and comparing it against past spending (or at least I would if I were them) to tell them what is the most profitable way forward. And for us F2P people how much time and effort do we want to put in with the time requirements for TB and TW etc for a game that may adopt a model where we will be at a further disadvantage.
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I am f2p - been playing since game launch. I farmed resistance and FO a while back - BB8 was no issue for me.

But - these VS are. I started farming them as often as I could, but their crystal cost for a few shards was just too high.

That was the point of introducing the Veteran Smugglers. They didn't want anyone to be able to get Rey with characters they already had, they wanted people to have to spend.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Vice_torn wrote: »
    You should have then vets in time if you have been farming with all your cant energy and 3 refreshes a day when they appeared in the shop.

That is false. And the fact that that is false is why so many of us F2P are upset right now.

caldera wrote: »
    A most honest thing to do, rather than stringing people along for months and then disappointing them, would be to just put Rey in the store. One pack, 7* Rey, $249.99. At least that would be forthright and about the same cost to obtain her.

I would actually have been much more OK with this too. I would've just finished the last 20 shards of CHS instead of shifting over to the Vets.
  • Options
    I will be close to having both Vets at 7 star. If double drop goes well. Will have 7star BB8 this time. So I say I will most likely get Rey!
  • Options
    No one from my guild, and we have some great accounts.
  • Options
    Haven't spent a single cent, I'll be getting her, same goes for a guildmate of mine, she is extremely weak though, so nothing to worry about.
  • Options
    Wait why would any whales not get her? My guild has probly 15 of us who will get her. We only have 1 whale (who's had the vets at 7* for a few weeks), but I would guess about half will end up buying the 30$ pack cuz they didn't plan ahead enough.
  • Dweezy
    25 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Calx wrote: »
    You should have then vets in time if you have been farming with all your cant energy and 3 refreshes a day when they appeared in the shop.

That is false. And the fact that that is false is why so many of us F2P are upset right now.

I would actually have been much more OK with this too. I would've just finished the last 20 shards of CHS instead of shifting over to the Vets.

Same, but that is the brilliance of a microtransaction and RNG based game. You dont look at the total cost you just keep paying a little to roll the dice.
  • Options
    but double drops hasnt even started yet.. for me atleast

DOUBLE DROPS
    In preparation for Rey's Hero's Journey, please enjoy double drops from 12/8/17 through 12/09/17 (12:00AM – 11:59PM Player Local Time)! You can find these double drops for the following Character nodes:

Finn
    Rey (Scavenger)
    Veteran Smuggler Chewie
    Veteran Smuggler Han
  • Options
    Dweezy wrote: »
    You also cant compare this event to CLS (which I obtained entirely f2p with time to spare)

1. All CLS requirements were farmable for a LONG time before the event. Even if you say R2 wasnt, Empire for him definitely was. Rey's were not.
    2. R2 vs BB8 requirements: You had options with R2 for grinding characters, with BB8 you only have the 5 FO farmable characters. This is admittedly less of an issue since we have had a chance to grind those FO characters but the point is still valid
    3. The cantina nodes for CLS requirements (Old Ben, Farmboy Luke) were out extremely early in the game and 8 Energy nodes, VS are 16 AND had only 2 weeks to farm.

To go beyond this.

1. The CLS requirements are not just-about-impossible to farm, the way the smugglers are. They aren't all the way at the top of the highest Cantina nodes, they aren't 16 energy nodes, and the drop rate is not so absolutely horrendous for shards as the VS seem to be.

Even if you work on farming VS for next time Rey comes up, they take up so much of your resources that you can't really do anything else while you are farming them. That does not make the game more fun. It makes the game less fun.

2. R2 required Empire, which many people had worked on because Empire is a core part of Star Wars and they are fun characters. (The fact that Empire continues to be marginalized despite being central to Star Wars lore is another thread altogether) The FO faction has never been worthwhile to farm, and then BB8 shows up - requiring FO to be completely filled out with basically zero notice - characters which suffer from from the same inaccessability and drop rate issues as the VS, if perhaps to just a bit lesser degree.

Everyone is struggling with the terrible drop rates for these Rey requirements. When people are doing what they are supposed to do but the game is set to impede their progress through no fault of their own like one of those claw machines, it's going to make players angry.

3. Of course, only making VS farmable at the last moment was by design. They engineered the whole thing to make Rey p2p.

I don't have a specific problem with Rey being a pay-only character, just be honest. Don't mislead people into rushing through FO and Resistance farms (and crystal and pack spending) for months and then pull the rug out from under them.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    miklrk.png
    29100ex.png
    16a9ksy.png

I'd honestly like to know what other shards look like, where all these F2P regularly earn top payout. In mine, ranks 1-100 are ~100k CLS teams.

I already know what an easy ship shard looks like: mine. The top 20 players rotate, and there isn't much competition beyond that. In ships, if I drop below 20 overnight, it's a pretty bad day. In arena, it's a good day if I can stay in the 30s.

If I drop into the 50s in Ships, I'd probably jump out a window. Because it's an easy shard.

I'm not so deluded as to think that I'm particularly skilled in ships, so much as I was lucky to be in a shard with relatively tame and civil competition.

If you're posting about how you managed this farm as F2P with 1st place payouts, I'd really like to see what your shards (and swgoh profiles) look like.

Nothing in the pictures you posted required any money. So on what basis are you claiming none of those people are f2p?
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Dweezy wrote: »

Same, but that is the brilliance of a microtransaction and RNG based game. You dont look at the total cost you just keep paying a little to roll the dice.

If it's going to be P2P, I'd rather it be very clear that that's the case. I didn't get Yoda, Thrawn, or EP on the first go around, and was 100% fine with that. In my mind, Thrawn was very clearly "free to 5-star, pay to 7-star" on the first pass.

This event simply deleted the "free to 5-star" option.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Liath wrote: »
    miklrk.png
    29100ex.png
    16a9ksy.png

Nothing in the pictures you posted required any money. So on what basis are you claiming none of those people are f2p?

Re-read my post, please. That was not my claim.
  • Options
    Well, in the end, the p2w side of the new Rey is rendered even more acceptable considering her underwhelming kit. I guess it leaves everyone happy, except of course for those who saved crystals and cantina energy for months who probably feel now what is commonly accepted in the scientific community as "regrets".
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Don't know about anyone else, but this whole "Hey, we just announced a new toon, and you've got two days to farm and gear a team of characters if you ever want to see her!" That? Not happening with me. Just my two cents.

...You have anywhere from 8-15 days, and while it wasn’t confirmed we’ve been speculating for a month. There’s been waaay more than 2 days. Don’t hyperbolize.

To be fair Nic - and I hear ya, but Vets only became really farmable or should I say more accessible to f2p since they were put on the cantina nodes, only a couple of weeks ago.
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Scavenger = The falcon too , right?
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

To be fair Nic - and I hear ya, but Vets only became really farmable or should I say more accessible to f2p since they were put on the cantina nodes, only a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah - and the irony is, I might have spent some money when the Rey announcement came out, if the requirements for her had been attainable. But since they are so unattainable, I'm not going to bother. I won't be buying any FO stuff or crystals or spending money trying to get the VS when it's futile. I'm just accepting that they've put it out of reach for everyone except the whales and I'll farm for when she comes back in 4 or 5 months. So they could have made some money off me, but now they won't be. It's a bit puzzling.