Scavenger = The falcon too , right?

There was no mention of the falcon
  • Gawejn
    1104 posts Member
    she is not so great, but maybe can counter CLS and ZBaris,
  • Monel wrote: »

No, but one of Rey's nodes overlaps with the Falcon - hence, double drops on Falcon as well.
  • Monel wrote: »

No, but one of Rey's nodes overlaps with the Falcon - hence, double drops on Falcon as well.
    :D
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Monel wrote: »

:D

They could edit the Millennium Falcon out of the double if they want, we don't get double crystals when gw is doubled
  • caldera wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »

To be fair Nic - and I hear ya, but Vets only became really farmable or should I say more accessible to f2p since they were put on the cantina nodes, only a couple of weeks ago.

Yeah - and the irony is, I might have spent some money when the Rey announcement came out, if the requirements for her had been attainable. But since they are so unattainable, I'm not going to bother. I won't be buying any FO stuff or crystals or spending money trying to get the VS when it's futile. I'm just accepting that they've put it out of reach for everyone except the whales and I'll farm for when she comes back in 4 or 5 months. So they could have made some money off me, but now they won't be. It's a bit puzzling.

I would’ve considered paying too if I thought the goal was obtainable
  • I can't put m and f together to abbreviate millennium falcon
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Calx wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    miklrk.png
    29100ex.png
    16a9ksy.png

I'd honestly like to know what other shards look like, where all these F2P regularly earn top payout. In mine, ranks 1-100 are ~100k CLS teams.

I already know what an easy ship shard looks like: mine. The top 20 players rotate, and there isn't much competition beyond that. In ships, if I drop below 20 overnight, it's a pretty bad day. In arena, it's a good day if I can stay in the 30s.

If I drop into the 50s in Arena, it's a meh day. Because it's a hard shard.
    If I drop into the 50s in Ships, I'd probably jump out a window. Because it's an easy shard.

I'm not so deluded as to think that I'm particularly skilled in ships, so much as I was lucky to be in a shard with relatively tame and civil competition.

If you're posting about how you managed this farm as F2P with 1st place payouts, I'd really like to see what your shards (and swgoh profiles) look like.

Nothing in the pictures you posted required any money. So on what basis are you claiming none of those people are f2p?

Re-read my post, please. That was not my claim.

This was your statement: "I'd honestly like to know what other shards look like, where all these F2P regularly earn top payout. In mine, ranks 1-100 are ~100k CLS teams."

I'm asking on what basis you are saying that those people regularly earning top payout on your shard are not F2P.
  • For anyone that planned sufficiently ahead she can be gotten for $0. Especially with 2 rounds of double drops.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    More of a dolphin than a whale but I pulled Vet Chewie's 100th shard yesterday just before the announcement and had Solo done about 2-3 days ago.
  • Liath wrote: »
    miklrk.png
    29100ex.png
    16a9ksy.png

I'd honestly like to know what other shards look like, where all these F2P regularly earn top payout. In mine, ranks 1-100 are ~100k CLS teams.

I already know what an easy ship shard looks like: mine. The top 20 players rotate, and there isn't much competition beyond that. In ships, if I drop below 20 overnight, it's a pretty bad day. In arena, it's a good day if I can stay in the 30s.

If I drop into the 50s in Ships, I'd probably jump out a window. Because it's an easy shard.

I'm not so deluded as to think that I'm particularly skilled in ships, so much as I was lucky to be in a shard with relatively tame and civil competition.

If you're posting about how you managed this farm as F2P with 1st place payouts, I'd really like to see what your shards (and swgoh profiles) look like.

Nothing in the pictures you posted required any money. So on what basis are you claiming none of those people are f2p?

This was your statement: "I'd honestly like to know what other shards look like, where all these F2P regularly earn top payout. In mine, ranks 1-100 are ~100k CLS teams."

I'm asking on what basis you are saying that those people regularly earning top payout on your shard are not F2P.

His shard looks identical to my own. Everyone rank 1-100 has a meta CLS team. You can tell which are not f2p by the meta characters in their inventory. I check the top 3 in my shard and all top 3 already have Mother Talzin and Unmasked Kylo. Those characters aren't farmable, yet the top 3 in my shard already have them 7* and g12. So to his point, you can't say this was "f2p" for anyone who has whales in their shard. You'd never get the crystal payouts.
  • I can't put m and f together to abbreviate millennium falcon

Same.
  • Calx
    112 posts Member
    miklrk.png
    29100ex.png
    16a9ksy.png

Some are likely F2P, some are definitely whales and kraken. I base that on their overall GP. BUT, the top 50 churns really hard, and there's no Discord channel that I know of, so I don't think there's anyone earning a consistent #1 payout, unless they're lucky enough to be on an uncontested time.

I was trying to ascertain whether this shard was any deeper or more competitive than these other shards where people win #1 every single day for months on end. Do other people often drop from #10 to #80 in two days?
  • Atlas1 wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Better question: who will have them 7* without spending money?

Nobody. It’s literallt impossible to 7* them before the end of the event as an F2P player.

I refuse to Panic Farm. I will do without the new Rey. If not having her and some of these other toons that take a moment's notice and deep pockets to capture make the game unplayable...well I guess us regular people will just have to stop playing.
  • Lol they went and edited it for me
  • Rey doesn't appear to be that good. Lots of conditional abilities and doesn't carry the Jedi tag.

Can't see her fitting into any of the current GK/CLS lead teams

Will she make resistance viable.... maybe but who do u drop
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    miklrk.png
    29100ex.png
    16a9ksy.png

Some are likely F2P, some are definitely whales and kraken. I base that on their overall GP. BUT, the top 50 churns really hard, and there's no Discord channel that I know of, so I don't think there's anyone earning a consistent #1 payout, unless they're lucky enough to be on an uncontested time.

I was trying to ascertain whether this shard was any deeper or more competitive than these other shards where people win #1 every single day for months on end. Do other people often drop from #10 to #80 in two days?

well, if you know how much you drop in two days, you're not active enough xD
    Joking aside, who knows? I haven't played on any other leaderboard, but it seems like mine is relatively easy. Others who aren't in my top20 might disagree, i dunno.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    What truth? And this has been said a hundred times in the mega post.

They want people to pay for Rey. Period. This shouldn’t be a big surprise.
    This cant be compared even to CLS :)
    More powerful character is = more $$$ to pay ^^

What next? Snoke with 1 hit-kill ability requires 7* CLS + 7* Rey + 7* Kylo Unmasked + pilot + their 7* ships? :)

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    miklrk.png
    29100ex.png
    16a9ksy.png

Most of the people that I talk to that finish top 10 regularly are upset if/when they drop into the 30s. (Not sure what you mean by "in two days" though - they aren't dropping for two days because they are climbing in between.) I don't really even know what the 50-100 range looks like on my shard right now since the leaderboard only shows 50.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Hec sometimes I drop in my shard from 120 all the way down to over 200, just overnight.

I am f2p - I run a CLS (L with G12 & 2Zs) with Chaze and Wiggs - G11

I am surrounded by whales with meta teams including the likes of CLS, R2, DN, Chaze, Wiggs - all maxed zetas and all G12. I even come up against a maxed ewk squad with wicket and Nightsister squad with MT & Zombie.

Its a struggle to stay competitive at the top end of arena when surrounded by p2w players all paying to be there and competing with each other.

So I would guess the top 1-20 rank in my shard are more likely p2w - in which case they are earning the good crystals daily to throw at the VS and if that doesn't work they'll just pull the wallets out for the rest.

It sucks this game is p2w - Even EA was recently chastised by the media regarding this type of p2w scheme in BF2 - when are they going to understand this type of behaviour to the player base leaves a sour taste?
  • Boo wrote: »

It sucks this game is p2w - Even EA was recently chastised by the media regarding this type of p2w scheme in BF2 - when are they going to understand this type of behaviour to the player base leaves a sour taste?

When the money runs out and not a second sooner.
  • Zeta Finn, Poe, Trooper, Zeta BB-8, New Rey. Rey calls BB-8 to assist, BB-8 calls someone else. Resistance has its own Biggs and Wedge while retaining its Expose chaining potential at the cost if only Resistance Pilot.

This I like very much.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • It’s also worth pointing out that Rey’s only one new character and there are potentially more Resistance characters coming out with the movie that are suited to her leader ability.

So while right now I like her a lot as a squad member under zeta Finn, her leader ability may wind up really strong.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • This event will be a real fiasco, i hope they'll learn from it.
  • I do not understand anyones complaint about the farming. I agree it was short notice and that it was tough to get but everyone seems to think this event is P2P. Me and many guildmates will be able to unlock Rey with no paying. If you think things out and make sacrifices such as not buying as many refreshes to save crystals in anticipation for 2x drops etc it isnt that difficult. Yes it is still close but I am happy with it. I like legendary charactera being a sign of accomplishment(or pay lol). I wouldnt enjoy Legendary characters nearly as much if thry showed up every other month and everyone and their brother had one. It is unique to have a character that instead of just farming a node and you are done, you have to invest and plan for them. Making it that much more special and rare. I agree thr vets should have dropped maybe like 1/2weeks earlier and I do feel like this is the almost the max they can go w/o making a legendary event P2P. I feel like CG did a pretty good job on balance and when I get my Rey I will be that much more rewarded for my sacrifices an planning.

Not quite sure how that's possible. I have refreshed cantina energy up to 400 per day and spent it all on vets since they were farmable. I will not make it. Even with double drops. You either have incredible rng or are mistaken.

Honestly, ask yourself, would it make much business sense for a company to make it so the average player could obtain OP characters for free?

You must be the lucky exception, my friend. Lucky indeed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I do not understand anyones complaint about the farming. I agree it was short notice and that it was tough to get but everyone seems to think this event is P2P. Me and many guildmates will be able to unlock Rey with no paying. If you think things out and make sacrifices such as not buying as many refreshes to save crystals in anticipation for 2x drops etc it isnt that difficult. Yes it is still close but I am happy with it. I like legendary charactera being a sign of accomplishment(or pay lol). I wouldnt enjoy Legendary characters nearly as much if thry showed up every other month and everyone and their brother had one. It is unique to have a character that instead of just farming a node and you are done, you have to invest and plan for them. Making it that much more special and rare. I agree thr vets should have dropped maybe like 1/2weeks earlier and I do feel like this is the almost the max they can go w/o making a legendary event P2P. I feel like CG did a pretty good job on balance and when I get my Rey I will be that much more rewarded for my sacrifices an planning.

Not quite sure how that's possible. I have refreshed cantina energy up to 400 per day and spent it all on vets since they were farmable. I will not make it. Even with double drops. You either have incredible rng or are mistaken.

Honestly, ask yourself, would it make much business sense for a company to make it so the average player could obtain OP characters for free?

There's also a chance that most of these stories are merely being posted by whales pretending to be f2p because the moment the f2p realizes they actually can't get these toons any more that they'll abandon the game, leaving nothing but whales to try and outspend each other. I've seen the "calculations" on here many times, none of them add up or work as f2p unless the player happens to be in the easiest arena in the game, or secretly spent money but didn't admit to it.
  • I just did 210 energy in vet Han and guess what’s the chance?13 sims for 0 shards even with double drops..those who says f2p can unlock Rey they all lie.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I do not understand anyones complaint about the farming. I agree it was short notice and that it was tough to get but everyone seems to think this event is P2P. Me and many guildmates will be able to unlock Rey with no paying. If you think things out and make sacrifices such as not buying as many refreshes to save crystals in anticipation for 2x drops etc it isnt that difficult. Yes it is still close but I am happy with it. I like legendary charactera being a sign of accomplishment(or pay lol). I wouldnt enjoy Legendary characters nearly as much if thry showed up every other month and everyone and their brother had one. It is unique to have a character that instead of just farming a node and you are done, you have to invest and plan for them. Making it that much more special and rare. I agree thr vets should have dropped maybe like 1/2weeks earlier and I do feel like this is the almost the max they can go w/o making a legendary event P2P. I feel like CG did a pretty good job on balance and when I get my Rey I will be that much more rewarded for my sacrifices an planning.

There's also a chance that most of these stories are merely being posted by whales pretending to be f2p because the moment the f2p realizes they actually can't get these toons any more that they'll abandon the game, leaving nothing but whales to try and outspend each other. I've seen the "calculations" on here many times, none of them add up or work as f2p unless the player happens to be in the easiest arena in the game, or secretly spent money but didn't admit to it.

That must be it, if others are doing something you can't they either secretly spend money or are rediculously lucky ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I just did 210 energy in vet Han and guess what’s the chance?13 sims for 0 shards even with double drops..those who says f2p can unlock Rey they all lie.

best bet is the shop

Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • the problem is vet farm location and drop rates. That is my source of anger. I prepped toons. Sorry, wasnt abe to bank 30000 crystals to refresh my cantina energy. And im n9t spending hundreds on a dumb game. Companies need to make money, fine I agree. But the way they go about baiting their players is a sham