Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• I'm actually pretty tired of everyone complaining on requirements, bad RNG when farming FOST etc. We all knew with 99% certenty that the veternas was needed for unlocking jedi training Rey. By that time i started to invest my crystals earned from arena etc. to buy veterans shards. Now when they are farmable i refresh cantina energy 3 times a day. To boost the farm we had total of 3 days with doubble drops+packs ofc.

Newsflash - some part of this game is NOT free to play content the day it comes out. If your not willing to spend a few dollars on a fantastic game then dont, the price you pay is a few months of waiting. But you need to plan your farming wizely and predict whats ahead.

So to make this forum a bit more constructive, stop complaining on the devs all the time. Put that energy on your own farming instead.
  • Mustasch wrote: »
    If your not willing to spend a few dollars on a fantastic game then dont, the price you pay is a few months of waiting.

This part made me laugh so much I'm still struggling to catch my breath....

The rest has been answered many times and consensus has since been reached.
  • Now the below is not applicable to me but for arguments sake let's assume the following:

top 100 arena - 100 chrystals
    top 20 fleet - 100 chrystals
    finish gw daily - 25 chrystals (5+5+5+10)
    all daily challenges - 50 chrystals
    total - 275 chrystals daily

Vets announced/dropped - 24/9 - 55 days
    Vets in shipments - 18/10 - 35 days
    Vets in cantina nodes - 22/11 - 14 days
    Vets announced as req - 6/12 - 14 days
    rey event end - 22/12

Now lets say you saved up 175 of your chrystals daily (can spent 100 to 2x refresh nodes or 1x refresh cantina to get your daily 600)

90*175 = 15750 chrystals banked when they became farmable
    now from that moment we start their farming with 3* refresh daily
    504 energy and our stock depletes 25 chrystals daily since we only earn 275 daily

vet han 15/30 - 265 shards needed to 330
    vet chewie 15/30 - 265 shards needed to 330

total shards needed - 530 - 1 shards every 3 attempts so 530*3 = 1590 attempts needed

1590*16 energy = 25440 energy needed at avg rng.

so we have 28 days until rey event finishes 4 days of double drops

24 days*504 energy - 360-360 (we plan to do 3x refresh just before daily reset onto double drops) = 11376

4 days *504*2(double drops is effective 2x energy count)= 4032 energy + 1440 (702*2 see above) = 5472

total 16848 energy with 3x refreshes. which means our stock is now 700 chrystals less or 15050 chrystals

So on double drop days we do extra refreshes up to the 800 mark (200-200-400-400=1200)*4 = 5200 chrystals

480*4*2 more effective energy = 3840 energy

Total (effective) energy used 3840+16848 = 20688

20688/16/3 = 431/530 shards earned (avg rng) we still need 99 shards and we still have 9850 chrystals

at 320 per 4 shards we need to buy 25 packs which requires 320*25 = 800 chrystals -> 1850 chrystals leftover

So with good planning the moment they dropped you could have gotten both vets f2P with decent arena rankings needed (no top10 even)

And these calcs dont even include the few times we got 500 chrystals from cg + chrystal earnings from tw/tb

Tldr: is it possible for (some) F2P yes with good planning and a decent arena ranking
  • Nothing new here. Proves that the event was designed as pay-to-play, though. Why? Because of the following 2 assumptions you made to have it work: 1) top 100 arena (minority of players), 2) saving for 3 months (f2p events should not force you to do that).

Plus, getting Rey was since the beginning very much subject to personal gut feelings rather than preparation. It assumed the date and nature of the event (ok, reasonable assumption I admit), and more importantly how important Rey would be in the game (basically, is it worth it gambling?).

Considering the underwhelming kit, joke is on these players who are "good at organisation".
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Hec sometimes I drop in my shard from 120 all the way down to over 200, just overnight.

I am f2p - I run a CLS (L with G12 & 2Zs) with Chaze and Wiggs - G11

I am surrounded by whales with meta teams including the likes of CLS, R2, DN, Chaze, Wiggs - all maxed zetas and all G12. I even come up against a maxed ewk squad with wicket and Nightsister squad with MT & Zombie.

Its a struggle to stay competitive at the top end of arena when surrounded by p2w players all paying to be there and competing with each other.

So I would guess the top 1-20 rank in my shard are more likely p2w - in which case they are earning the good crystals daily to throw at the VS and if that doesn't work they'll just pull the wallets out for the rest.

It sucks this game is p2w - Even EA was recently chastised by the media regarding this type of p2w scheme in BF2 - when are they going to understand this type of behaviour to the player base leaves a sour taste?
    Some countries are even questioning all of the random loot crate stuff which could be considered as gambling by the law - no more cash grab on games played by kids.
    Oh, cut it out with the What About The Children moral outrage... Kids don't have credit cards and can't buy packs without an adult's say-so. If they're spending crystals they got from playing the game (Arena payouts, Galactic War, daily activities, etc) then they're not gambling.

It is a gamble technically. But legally it is not because you do not have to invest real money and, more importantly, cannot exchange any ingame currency for real currency. This is the current interpretation in Europe with regards to Freemium.

As for BF2 the argument is that the game is not Freemium and should therefore allow for every player to achieve the same level of progress by performing the same actions as another player.

What experts are looking into in Europe is the psychological aspects of the gambling part of such games because even if you can not exchange ingame currency for real currency Freemium games trigger addictive behaviour and are either designed to exploit such behaviour or do not provide sufficient measures against the consequences of addictive behaviour.

An easy and desirable solution is, for example, a limit of real money one can spend in a month if this limit can only be changed once in a month by the account holder or owner of the credit card using a pin that is known only to this person.
  • theHejiN wrote: »
    Because you want to have Rey the first time, not realizing that in Freemium games, first time owners is/should be only for p2p.

Ridiculous f2p players still think, they have to get everything the first time, it appears.

(counterquestion: why should a p2p player still pay, if everything is available for F2P at the same time?)

They could have put one veteran in cantina and give less time to farm and the other in an easy location. This way you still have to pay to get Rey but you don't get to suffer for the next 4-5 months.

Now we are forced to farm nothing but both veterans for the next 4-5 months and thus not guaranteed to have her even the second time around...

Of course I understand that you have to motivate people to spend and thus she had to be limited to p2p for the first time. But the way this event is designed it seems that even the second time will be hard for many people to get and that's not right
  • Not worth your time.

Move along.
  • Corvus
    190 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    theHejiN wrote: »
    Because you want to have Rey the first time, not realizing that in Freemium games, first time owners is/should be only for p2p.

Ridiculous f2p players still think, they have to get everything the first time, it appears.

(counterquestion: why should a p2p player still pay, if everything is available for F2P at the same time?)

Why should they not when they dedicate themself to the game? Why should a p2p/p2w get her for free?

You already get your retrurn from buying stuff, it is not that you simply donate your money to the devs.
  • Ulon
    35 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    F2p here, 100 shards away on vets. Will make it, cost me much preparation and crystal save up. Possible to get her as f2p if you believe in the predictions of what is needed and if you get a bunch of crystals on arena and fleet every day (meaning top end on both)

But i think the investment to me as f2p was not worth it. But we will see how she turns out against meta.
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    theHejiN wrote: »

They could have put one veteran in cantina and give less time to farm and the other in an easy location. This way you still have to pay to get Rey but you don't get to suffer for the next 4-5 months.

Now we are forced to farm nothing but both veterans for the next 4-5 months and thus not guaranteed to have her even the second time around...

Of course I understand that you have to motivate people to spend and thus she had to be limited to p2p for the first time. But the way this event is designed it seems that even the second time will be hard for many people to get and that's not right

Second time will be so easy to get her. You are getting way ahead of yourself. 4-5 month for 2 characters in cantina is like worst case scenario. I'm pretty positive I produce a new 7 star each month..
  • she is by far hardest character to get i wont get her till 8 months later
  • How long will the event run for?
  • 1 week, judging by the time put on the vets pack.
  • The event will run for 7 days.

I haven’t spent anything towards the Vets (or anything else since the TW debacle) and look like I could scrape them by the end. I’ve spent not huge sums in the past - top 50/20 in Arena and usually 1 in Fleet (as I cared about it before you got crystals). I did it pretty much as mentioned above - i.e. I was hoarding crystals before announcements on the assumption they’d be required. So I’ve been able to hit the double drops hard, do my 3 Cantina refreshes on them since I could and have 8,000 crystals saved up to buy the last 100 shards if that looks needed.

Actually I will probably buy the pack though and use the crystals for other things - but it was definitely doable f2p, though I’ve sacrificed a lot over the past couple of months to get into that position.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Now the below is not applicable to me but for arguments sake let's assume the following:

Snipped calculations.
    And these calcs dont even include the few times we got 500 chrystals from cg + chrystal earnings from tw/tb

Tldr: is it possible for (some) F2P yes with good planning and a decent arena ranking

While some people were saving for Rey the rest of us were using the crystals to improve our guild’s performance in TB’s and TW.

I know, the prioritization, it sucks.

My problem is not that we need the veterans, I’m fine with that, but placing them both in 16 energy cantina node left a very bad taste.

No matter how I calculate it I won’t get close enough to justify spending 33 euros on 50+50 shards. EA/CG’s loss, really.

I *did* prepare by stockpiling various currency, but only 3500 crystals back then. Now I’m in no rush anymore as I’m going to miss her and when she gets back 2nd time it’s already summer and other toons to worry about.
  • Since her kit is maybe the worst one of all legendary chars out there, there should be no complaining, not getting her this time around.

The char was hyped for so long and what we get is so dissapointing. She is on one level with grandmaster yoda at its best.

So the invest is not worth it.
  • I must say, I'm disappointed by the kit of the new Rey. I saved as much gear as I could during the last two months and I farmed the vets that I have both at 7 stars. And now I can see that her kit is way less powerful than the kit of CLS.

It's a really huge disappointment.
  • Woah the 2 veterans. We should be given the chance to use other resistance characters instead. This should also cause an outcry similar to battlefront 2. EA is staining the star wars franchise with blatant greediness. LOL
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    [Now we are forced to farm nothing but both veterans for the next 4-5 months and thus not guaranteed to have her even the second time around...

We are not "forced" to do anything whatsoever.

• I did not expect her being a new cls, since devs must have realised, that cls was a big mistake.

But i expected her bringing something new to the table... all what she has, has been there already.

Her leadership is worse than Finn, her damage is underwhelming, she is a non taunting tank, she has a weaker self cleanse than Ahsoka, she has a small synergie with bb-8, which should be far worse than wiggs and she deploys some debuffs, which are in total worse than that from the new Kylo.

Only that heal immunity is a thing, but do we really need a counter to Barriss? I mean, SHE IS THE COUNTER and the only reason, why CLS isn´t pure arena dominance (which he might be however).

So no sense for a big invest... maybe I am wrong ... oh boy, I hope I am wrong...
  • I did not expect her being a new cls, since devs must have realised, that cls was a big mistake.

But i expected her bringing something new to the table... all what she has, has been there already.

Her leadership is worse than Finn, her damage is underwhelming, she is a non taunting tank, she has a weaker self cleanse than Ahsoka, she has a small synergie with bb-8, which should be far worse than wiggs and she deploys some debuffs, which are in total worse than that from the new Kylo.

Only that heal immunity is a thing, but do we really need a counter to Barriss? I mean, SHE IS THE COUNTER and the only reason, why CLS isn´t pure arena dominance (which he might be however).

So no sense for a big invest... maybe I am wrong ... oh boy, I hope I am wrong...

New Rey has a place in ARENA, she will not swarm arena like cls did, partly because many won't get her 1st time and mainly cuz she is mostly for resistantance. A sqaud most believe are not arena worthy.
    I use Zinn in ARENA and she will help my sqaud a lot. But I'm the exception to the rule.
  • but how does she fit in there? She does not even expose hersefl
  • Ace0187420
    104 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Rey sucks plain and simple, the investment needed to get her was ridiculous. I'm not jealous, I will he getting her but for what it takes to get her she's not worth the investment. Resistance sure needed another tank and one that doesn't taunt at that. Look lets counter something that's not even the current meta? I like how the game changers act like she's good they know she's a garbage but can't say it.
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Tamonizer wrote: »
    Woah the 2 veterans. We should be given the chance to use other resistance characters instead. This should also cause an outcry similar to battlefront 2. EA is staining the star wars franchise with blatant greediness. LOL

I agree. People should be just as angry because this p2Rey 'event' is treating the fans just as poorly as the battlefront 2 debacle
  • NewCaprica
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Look I will get her day one, but frankly, as I already said on this forum, EA/CG are doing this wrong because, they're too greedy. I seriously think this game is almost over because of their greediness; and it's a shame because I really like this game!

And if it wasn't enough, now we can see that all our investment is just for a character that is simply not worth it.
    Post edited by NewCaprica on
  • Aeox
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Screenshot_20171207_153615.jpg

Screenshot_20171207_153602.jpg

I understand there will be a price difference. But by how much????

I could pick up a few steam sale games for that price!

:|

• i will get new Rey....but i wont gear her....just want to have her :D
    i m very dissapointed of her kit and devs if you read this ...you could have done her better, shes fairly useless same as Grandmaster yoda
  • I thought double drops were for all toons so i used all my cantina energy refreshes for paploo. Then i realised it was double drop only for few toons. So i wasted my crystal and now i cant use my cantina energy refreshes on veteran han and chewie anymore... :|:/
  • don't worry guys...I spend my refreshes and I got only 2 shards of finn :-D and according my guild chat, I'm not only one with that problem.
  • I got exactly 33% drop rate, go figured