Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Double Drops doesn't mean that the droprate is doubled.
  • Also found Rey a big disappointment. Pity cuz it was hard farming everything to get her. I was expecting a character at the very least as strong as CLS. I hate that everyone that has a cls can basically get 1st in arena same as Barris zeta (which is the worst skill in the game). I hope they buff new rey up really soon.
  • Karek77 wrote: »
    Also found Rey a big disappointment. Pity cuz it was hard farming everything to get her. I was expecting a character at the very least as strong as CLS. I hate that everyone that has a cls can basically get 1st in arena same as Barris zeta (which is the worst skill in the game). I hope they buff new rey up really soon.

Rey ends zarris and chaze.
    Heal immunity that can not be dispelled
  • Goober1_ wrote: »
    Karek77 wrote: »
    Also found Rey a big disappointment. Pity cuz it was hard farming everything to get her. I was expecting a character at the very least as strong as CLS. I hate that everyone that has a cls can basically get 1st in arena same as Barris zeta (which is the worst skill in the game). I hope they buff new rey up really soon.

Rey ends zarris and chaze.
    Heal immunity that can not be dispelled

And? She's still a very huge disappointment.
  • NewCaprica wrote: »
    Look I will get her day one, but frankly, as I already said on this forum, EA/CG are doing this wrong because, they're too greedy. I seriously think this game is almost over because of their greediness; and it's a shame because I really like this game!

As long as there are players like you the game is far from finished....and the company will be greedy amd greedier...

• Hey Devs, looks like an oversight but the double drop event awesome as it is, is missing The first order nodes. Being that BB-8 is a requirement, it is my opinion First Order hard modes and cantina nodes should have been included here. Any chance they can get added for day two of the double drop event.
  • Just did the math and I need 28 shards per day to get it done, so I'm going to miss out this time. I'm very disappointed because of how much I was looking forward to this, but I'll get over it. In the meantime I'm going to take advantage of this to gear up BB-8 like crazy.
    but how does she fit in there? She does not even expose hersefl
    Dig around the forum and you'll find a video where a team of Finn, Poe, and Trooper beat a then-meta team for the #1 spot in arena. That isn't a typo, they went into the fight with only three characters. Between those three you get enough exposes that you can carry a character who doesn't expose just fine.

Use her and BB-8 instead of old Rey and Pilot. Whenever it's Rey's turn use her first special to call BB-8 to assist, BB-8 will then call a random Resistance ally to assist as well. If that special isn't available, use her second special to drop someone's TM by anywhere from 50-100% and gain 75% TM (assuming you haven't lost anyone, of course) yourself.

As I said: She and BB-8 are Biggs and Wedge for Resistance, and putting them in a team doesn't significantly impact their ability to chain expose. That's BONKERS.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • We had double drops for first order when the bb8 event first came. Plus we had double drops for the anniversary so stop it already.
  • We had double drops for first order when the bb8 event first came. Plus we had double drops for the anniversary so stop it already.
    just my opinion, BB-8 is a requirement.

• Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Difference is you have had TIME to get fo without double drops
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Trilips wrote: »
    We had double drops for first order when the bb8 event first came. Plus we had double drops for the anniversary so stop it already.
    just my opinion, BB-8 is a requirement.

And R2 was a requirement for Luke, but there were no double drops for empire. It's just not how they do these things.
  • R2 was way easier to get though
  • As others have said, the double drops did come out for FO when bb8 was first released (and I was very thankful, without them I wouldn't have gotten FOST done). But that was 4 months ago or so. Anyone that missed bb8 the first time has had plenty of time to get a team together to get him this time. Also, FO is a great team in TW, so the resources used on them are well-spent.
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    We had double drops for first order when the bb8 event first came. Plus we had double drops for the anniversary so stop it already.

Ugh. OP question is valid.

Seems odd to just do drops on the four toons and not ALL the toons related to rey. Sure they didn't do it for empire... but there were also several more useable toons. You didn't have two of only FIVE characters locked behind hard node only farms for R2.
  • NewCaprica
    124 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    NewCaprica wrote: »
    Look I will get her day one, but frankly, as I already said on this forum, EA/CG are doing this wrong because, they're too greedy. I seriously think this game is almost over because of their greediness; and it's a shame because I really like this game!

As long as there are players like you the game is far from finished....and the company will be greedy amd greedier...

That's my whole point actually. Players like me won't try to farm that hard next time.
  • Hanley
    5 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    So, 1st time post... Just to get a second, maybe third opinion on whether I can do this.

Currently where I am at with the Vets are:
    Han 6* 0/100
    Chewy 5* 10/85
    so I need 275 shards in total. (only been farming since dropped in cantina)

Only spent once before on the game when I started for the daily crystal booster(now unavailable) have around 1200 crystals as I bought 1300 this morning to help fund my refreshes. I would rather not buy the 50 shard han and Chewie Pack...

I have BB8 at 7* as FO is my arena thing.

Is this this doable without spending any (more) money?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Calx wrote: »
    @Boo @Calx my July 2016 shard is max g12s 1-75 and 95%cls meta also.

I would guess the people here claiming 100% f2p, constantly #1 finishers, and somehow getting rey are liars (pay for gear/mods to stay ahead, crystals and/or packs. Edited out other possibilities

I honestly, genuine want to know what these other shards look like from 1-50 (or better yet, 1-100). I always assumed that my ship shard was easy, and my arena shard was hard, but that's largely based on anecdotes from reading these forums.

If all of these "F2P in #1 every single day" are in similarly composed shards, then clearly my assumptions were wrong, and I need to re-calibrate. But the fact that zero of them have posted a swgoh profile, or a screenshot of any of their shard, leads me to the same conclusion that you reached: people are liars.

(born on third base, thinks they hit a triple)

I could go to a bunch of effort to take pictures of my arena shard and post them for you and you would still come up with a reason to call me a liar because people believe what they want, and any time there's an event like this there are a thousand people screaming that it's impossible and anybody who says they did it is a liar. It's mostly just not worth the effort to try convince people who will never be convinced. There's no way to prove to somebody that you are f2p.

I am not on swgoh.gg, but I will give you my ally code because that doesn't take any effort from me. You can make the effort to go click and look at my collection if you want. I don't think it will tell you very much except whatever you decide to read into it. 219-619-571.

I am not #1 every day, but I am sure that was intentional hyperbole (right?).
  • I Got 6/5 on falcon !
  • Liath wrote: »
    As a true f2p, you can't retain the top spot in both arenas for MONTHS while dedicating no resources to improving those teams. It's just not possible.

The meta hasn't really changed in months so.... why the heck not? Once your arena team is g12, what else do you really need to be doing to improve them? Other than maybe switching a couple of mods, I haven't changed anything on my arena team since I got them all to g12. (I'm only talking about regular arena here, I personally don't bother with ships.)

It has changed quite a bit with the addition of Mother Talzin. So unless you are extremely lucky in an arena, you aren't retaining the top spot without focusing on your arena team constantly.

Ugh. OP question is valid.

Seems odd to just do drops on the four toons and not ALL the toons related to rey. Sure they didn't do it for empire... but there were also several more useable toons. You didn't have two of only FIVE characters locked behind hard node only farms for R2.
    Fost is the only hard node required as fotp is in fleet store. Oh what's that you don't like how it's a hard node character? Good thing there's THREE nodes to farm from
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Boo wrote: »
    Hec sometimes I drop in my shard from 120 all the way down to over 200, just overnight.

I am f2p - I run a CLS (L with G12 & 2Zs) with Chaze and Wiggs - G11

I am surrounded by whales with meta teams including the likes of CLS, R2, DN, Chaze, Wiggs - all maxed zetas and all G12. I even come up against a maxed ewk squad with wicket and Nightsister squad with MT & Zombie.

Its a struggle to stay competitive at the top end of arena when surrounded by p2w players all paying to be there and competing with each other.

So I would guess the top 1-20 rank in my shard are more likely p2w - in which case they are earning the good crystals daily to throw at the VS and if that doesn't work they'll just pull the wallets out for the rest.

It sucks this game is p2w - Even EA was recently chastised by the media regarding this type of p2w scheme in BF2 - when are they going to understand this type of behaviour to the player base leaves a sour taste?

Some countries are even questioning all of the random loot crate stuff which could be considered as gambling by the law - no more cash grab on games played by kids.
    This economical model is sick as hell and only brings more toxicity among players, we really don't need that these days. Game is about fun, nothing else.

Indeed 100%

I get paying for cool new toons to have in your roster - there is nothing really wrong with that, but if that toon is game breaking then ther is something wrong with that.

Even BF2 is working on changing its microtransaction model so that players can unlock different character appearances - cosmetic stuff, not game changing stuff, which is what they were trying to do and got burned.

Same goes for the likes of Rey in this game.
  • Double drops on FO would be indirectly helping get the Rey Hero's Journey ready. I am 20 shards away on FOST and 50 away on FOTP. I could use some double drops. No an $80 pack...
  • I need 50 for FOST and 39 for FOTP. The past two days I have gotten 1 shard on 30 attempts on FOTP's node. Definitely need some appearances in fleet store and better drops to finish him.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I do not understand anyones complaint about the farming. I agree it was short notice and that it was tough to get but everyone seems to think this event is P2P. Me and many guildmates will be able to unlock Rey with no paying. If you think things out and make sacrifices such as not buying as many refreshes to save crystals in anticipation for 2x drops etc it isnt that difficult. Yes it is still close but I am happy with it. I like legendary charactera being a sign of accomplishment(or pay lol). I wouldnt enjoy Legendary characters nearly as much if thry showed up every other month and everyone and their brother had one. It is unique to have a character that instead of just farming a node and you are done, you have to invest and plan for them. Making it that much more special and rare. I agree thr vets should have dropped maybe like 1/2weeks earlier and I do feel like this is the almost the max they can go w/o making a legendary event P2P. I feel like CG did a pretty good job on balance and when I get my Rey I will be that much more rewarded for my sacrifices an planning.

Not quite sure how that's possible. I have refreshed cantina energy up to 400 per day and spent it all on vets since they were farmable. I will not make it. Even with double drops. You either have incredible rng or are mistaken.

Honestly, ask yourself, would it make much business sense for a company to make it so the average player could obtain OP characters for free?

You must be the lucky exception, my friend. Lucky indeed.

How do you think they did before they charged you for such things as costumes, dlc, microtransactions etc.

Don't think there's no other options than making you spend 200 bucks each month on every single new toon on a game that isn't worth more than 5. It would be really naive, p2w is only about frustration and a huge ratio development/player investment cost.

Agreed - video games before all this microtransaction and DLC payment stuff were still a viable and money making business.

Now instead of making $x per game sale they are making that plus $xxxxx ongoing - its corporate greed with little effort to put out new games. Who do you really think eats those rewards?

- the players: nope because they are buying a new skin or new toon that eiter should have been included in the game any way or a fraction of the cost for what they charge. The Prothean in ME3 was originally meant to be in the game. Before launch EA cut him out of the game and made him DLC for $10 or something. At least I knew what I was paying for there and the price point wasn't bad - but it was a scandal. People spending hundreds just for a shot to get this new Rey - its beyond ridiculous. EA has obviously grown from charging $10 for a DLC character - because us as the player base have enabled them for too long to do so, and we are the ones, literally paying for it.
    - The developers: they get told what to do and when to do. They have no control over the content release of the game they develop. When things go great they get a pat on the back and take the annual salaries for the job they were hired to do in the first place - develop a game, DLC and other "extra" content included.

So who benefits - corporate CEOs. So way to go defending these microtransactions and p2w schemes - you are helping fat cats get fatter at the expense of your own hard earned money.

"Applause"
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I do not understand anyones complaint about the farming. I agree it was short notice and that it was tough to get but everyone seems to think this event is P2P. Me and many guildmates will be able to unlock Rey with no paying. If you think things out and make sacrifices such as not buying as many refreshes to save crystals in anticipation for 2x drops etc it isnt that difficult. Yes it is still close but I am happy with it. I like legendary charactera being a sign of accomplishment(or pay lol). I wouldnt enjoy Legendary characters nearly as much if thry showed up every other month and everyone and their brother had one. It is unique to have a character that instead of just farming a node and you are done, you have to invest and plan for them. Making it that much more special and rare. I agree thr vets should have dropped maybe like 1/2weeks earlier and I do feel like this is the almost the max they can go w/o making a legendary event P2P. I feel like CG did a pretty good job on balance and when I get my Rey I will be that much more rewarded for my sacrifices an planning.

Not quite sure how that's possible. I have refreshed cantina energy up to 400 per day and spent it all on vets since they were farmable. I will not make it. Even with double drops. You either have incredible rng or are mistaken.

Honestly, ask yourself, would it make much business sense for a company to make it so the average player could obtain OP characters for free?

You must be the lucky exception, my friend. Lucky indeed.

There's also a chance that most of these stories are merely being posted by whales pretending to be f2p because the moment the f2p realizes they actually can't get these toons any more that they'll abandon the game, leaving nothing but whales to try and outspend each other. I've seen the "calculations" on here many times, none of them add up or work as f2p unless the player happens to be in the easiest arena in the game, or secretly spent money but didn't admit to it.

TL:DR Yes. It is technically possible to be on track to get Rey as a F2P. But it certainly isn't very probable. Not by a long shot.

In your math you noted you retain top position in arena and ship the entire time. How many f2p players can keep those spots for MONTHS without using shards faster farm gear for g12? Talzin came out during that time and a fully geared 7* Talzin is already in my arena. So how are f2p players supposed to keep those ranks without upgrading or working on their arena team and still manage to set aside shards? That's where everything falls apart. It's not believable, not if you were honestly able to maintain top ranking the entire time without doing anything else...

First, I never said I retained top position in ship and arena, but I do.

Second, I never said I was FTP. I am not. Although, I have spent very, very little since I stopped whaling back in April.

Third, that's exactly my point. Getting Rey as a FTP, while technically possible, isn't very likely. And that's a huge understatement.

I don't think there was any actual way to do this f2p. Not unless you got insane drop rates or bought but lied about it.

Well it is possible because I’ve done it. Just got Chewie to 7 stars today. Had Han already done. Here is how I did it.

Start farming the Vets as soon as they show up in shipments. 2 months ago? I was spending 640-960 crystals a day on whoever popped up. The only way I could do this is finishing top 5 in arena and number 1 in fleet arena. Now I couldn’t always finish top 5 in regular arena. Sometimes I’d be top 10 or 15. Because of this I did not refresh any Cantina or regular energy for 2 months. So I could not always hit my 600 but my guild was cool with that. By the time the Vets were added to Cantina I had them both around 40/85 shards. I then spent crystals refreshing Cantina. 700 crystals a day. Drop rates on Han were meh but my drop rates on Chewie were fantastic.

The only way this was possible was the addition of crystal payouts to fleet arena and not farming any gear for 1 1/2- 2 months. All crystals went to the Vets. I sacrificed no gear and not getting my daily 600 for a few months. Very possible but not without sacrificing other aspects of the game.

This right here: "I was spending 640-960 crystals a day on whoever popped up"

So funny f2p indeed.
  • I used all my cantina energy for vet chewbacca, and I got less than 20 in total from 4 or 5 refreshes (so about about 35-40 fights)... Also pretty sure I got at least once an uneven number (like 3). Not really sure the double drops are working on them. If they are, the drop rate is so crap, I didn't even notice...
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Numanoid wrote: »
    For those that are close, don't forget about the Google play promo. A 25 and 5 card will get you the vet pack of 50 each and 2250 crystals for either refreshes or shipment purchases. That, along with the number of days to the event close is a lot of shards. I had no intention of spending for Rey this time around due what I thought it would cost. But for $30 out of pocket, I'll do it, assuming her kit is good.

Again - p2w.
  • Boo wrote: »
    Numanoid wrote: »
    For those that are close, don't forget about the Google play promo. A 25 and 5 card will get you the vet pack of 50 each and 2250 crystals for either refreshes or shipment purchases. That, along with the number of days to the event close is a lot of shards. I had no intention of spending for Rey this time around due what I thought it would cost. But for $30 out of pocket, I'll do it, assuming her kit is good.

Again - p2w.

Right? It's like people don't understand what the "f" in f2p means....
  • So, 1st time post... Just to get a second, maybe third opinion on whether I can do this.

Currently where I am at with the Vets are:
    Han 6* 0/100
    Chewy 5* 10/85

so I need 275 shards in total. (only been farming since dropped in cantina).

Only spent once before on the game when I started for the daily crystal booster(now unavailable) have around 1200 crystals as I bought 1300 this morning to help fund my refreshes. I would rather not buy the 50 shard han and Chewie Pack...

I have BB8 at 7* as FO is my arena team.

Is this this doable without spending any (more) money?