Rey's Hero's Journey Character Requirements (12/06/2017) [MEGA]

Replies

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    Roahn wrote: »
    I posted this question on the general discussion and will post it in here as well as it has to do with the Jedi Training Rey event. I think everyone should be asking why the marquee event for Veteran Chewie and Veteran Han wasn't replayed again. If not to get more shards to get these toons to 7* but also for new players to the game.

Isn't it obvious why? $$$$Money$$$$ They want you to pay. Really when you think about it...is the game really that generous to just give things freely? They want people to pay money if they want Rey and came up short on vet shards.

I'm gonna give everyone here a tip: better start farming Unmasked Kylo...it's not a coincidence he was added to shipments the same day the Rey event went live.

Perhaps Kylo Ren Unmasked will be required to unlock Snoke in an upcoming Legendary?
    But you may need ReyJT as well - so good luck, lol
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    How about this?

You get Windows 10 for free. You can install a game on it, but when you start playing the game quits automatically in 15 minutes. You can keep playing in 15 minutes intervals, though, but soon find it annoying. Then you figure out that by paying 50 dollars you can play for a whopping half an hour. So you pay.

You try to install another game, but can’t, you need to purchase the ability to install more than 1 game. It costs just 20 dollars to allow installing a second game.

etc. Think that would go well with the users?

DLC’s started it, they were the enemy. Not able to get something done in time? Pull it from the game and publish as DLC.

Micropayments are worse, though. The idea behind them is a good one, but everything starts getting too expensive pretty quick.

How much are you willing to pay to keep playing this game after spending hundreds, if not thousands?

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Naw wrote: »
    How about this?

You get Windows 10 for free. You can install a game on it, but when you start playing the game quits automatically in 15 minutes. You can keep playing in 15 minutes intervals, though, but soon find it annoying. Then you figure out that by paying 50 dollars you can play for a whopping half an hour. So you pay.

You try to install another game, but can’t, you need to purchase the ability to install more than 1 game. It costs just 20 dollars to allow installing a second game.

DLC’s started it, they were the enemy. Not able to get something done in time? Pull it from the game and publish as DLC.

Micropayments are worse, though. The idea behind them is a good one, but everything starts getting too expensive pretty quick.

How much are you willing to pay to keep playing this game after spending hundreds, if not thousands?

I believe the free trail period after installation started well before both DLC's and freemium games. Has anyone ever legit bought winrar?
    It's the customers that make these business models so darn profitable. It's only natural that companies take advantage of that. One would think that a company gets a bad rep from repeatedly bleeding it's customers dry before finally pulling the plug once it isn't profitable anymore, but that logic doesn't apply to freemium games. EA has a super bad rep, yet we still play and pay.
    We as players probably need to take a long, hard look in the mirror because we're the reason these companies are making money hand over fist with mediocre content, horrible customer support and questionable business ethics.
    Ow, i'm 100% f2p and unlock rey today. woohoo.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Naw wrote: »
    How about this?

I believe the free trail period after installation started well before both DLC's and freemium games. Has anyone ever legit bought winrar?
    It's the customers that make these business models so darn profitable. It's only natural that companies take advantage of that. One would think that a company gets a bad rep from repeatedly bleeding it's customers dry before finally pulling the plug once it isn't profitable anymore, but that logic doesn't apply to freemium games. EA has a super bad rep, yet we still play and pay.
    We as players probably need to take a long, hard look in the mirror because we're the reason these companies are making money hand over fist with mediocre content, horrible customer support and questionable business ethics.
    Ow, i'm 100% f2p and unlock rey today. woohoo.

Couldn't have said it better, and I've been saying this in multiple spots across the forums.

We as players have enabled companies like EA to push the boundries on what they can get away with. BF2 came out and the uproar regarding the lootbox/microtransaction/gambling/P2W component caused EA to re-think what they have done.

When ME3 came out the prothean was meant to be in the game - they cut him and his story out of the game to sell it for $10 DLC. This was a big scam - but at least $10 was a reasonable cost and I knew what I was paying for - a new character and his story.

Here, we pay $40 or $50 for pieces of characters - not even full characters! Its the cost ratio that has become skewed. I am sure at the end of the day people don't mind paying something but at the markup cost of some of these add-ons or DLC nowadays is a joke and it is us as the consumer who have allowed it to become this way.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    I'm gonna give everyone here a tip: better start farming Unmasked Kylo...it's not a coincidence he was added to shipments the same day the Rey event went live.
    Woah, what a hot tip! Guys, start farming the game-changingly good character now!

Good Barnum statement there, man. If people farm Unmasked and he's needed you can say you were right, if people farm Unmasked and he's not you can say you were telling people to farm the good character.

It's like telling people to work on General Kenobi because it's not a coincidence he was put in the game when he was.

poor old NicoleWebster...trying to be witty but fails miserably on the forums and the game lol.
    What you still upset about what I told you a few pages back and had no rebuttal for what I said? So I make a comment that people should farm a new toon that is really only farmable from shipments and you take that as some snivelling little comment and add a little remark that adds on to your other 3000 post to somehow suppose to make you feel special or make me feel like ****? Try harder buddy.

Or is it your're still upset you got no Rey? Maybe if you'd spend more time on your roster and farming methods instead of wasting time on these forums trying to be the "cool dude"..maybe just maybe you would have a better "ingame life". Although..I seriously doubt it.

Now excuse me while I go collect my energy, farm my shards and progress my roster.

I honestly like your idea and me and a few of my friends kinda thought this as well. I like the new Kylo toon and I can't wait to get him to 7* because I like him better than Phasma as a leader imo. Nice job on your post and thanks for the heads up. Plus don't worry about trolls. They come out from underneath the bridges from time to time lol.

Thanks Angel...it pays to be prepared.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

Re: Discussion in category Forum Trash
    HardPill2Swallow
    HardPill2Swallow - December 22, 2017 2:25PM
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    TyloRenTyloRen 5:05PM
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    HardPill2SwallowHardPill2Swallow 5:07PM
    **** you
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Woah, what a hot tip! Guys, start farming the game-changingly good character now!

Good Barnum statement there, man. If people farm Unmasked and he's needed you can say you were right, if people farm Unmasked and he's not you can say you were telling people to farm the good character.

It's like telling people to work on General Kenobi because it's not a coincidence he was put in the game when he was.

poor old NicoleWebster...trying to be witty but fails miserably on the forums and the game lol.
    What you still upset about what I told you a few pages back and had no rebuttal for what I said? So I make a comment that people should farm a new toon that is really only farmable from shipments and you take that as some snivelling little comment and add a little remark that adds on to your other 3000 post to somehow suppose to make you feel special or make me feel like ****? Try harder buddy.

Or is it your're still upset you got no Rey? Maybe if you'd spend more time on your roster and farming methods instead of wasting time on these forums trying to be the "cool dude"..maybe just maybe you would have a better "ingame life". Although..I seriously doubt it.

Now excuse me while I go collect my energy, farm my shards and progress my roster.

I honestly like your idea and me and a few of my friends kinda thought this as well. I like the new Kylo toon and I can't wait to get him to 7* because I like him better than Phasma as a leader imo. Nice job on your post and thanks for the heads up. Plus don't worry about trolls. They come out from underneath the bridges from time to time lol.

i thought you paid to be prepared ? ;)<3
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Boo wrote: »
    Roahn wrote: »
    I posted this question on the general discussion and will post it in here as well as it has to do with the Jedi Training Rey event. I think everyone should be asking why the marquee event for Veteran Chewie and Veteran Han wasn't replayed again. If not to get more shards to get these toons to 7* but also for new players to the game.

Isn't it obvious why? $$$$Money$$$$ They want you to pay. Really when you think about it...is the game really that generous to just give things freely? They want people to pay money if they want Rey and came up short on vet shards.

Perhaps Kylo Ren Unmasked will be required to unlock Snoke in an upcoming Legendary?
    But you may need ReyJT as well - so good luck, lol

That's what I'm thinking @Boo

Instead of me continuing to use 500-700 crystals a day refreshing Catina....I figured it would be best to only refresh Catina 3 time and farm Klyos 4 shards from shipments for now. I understand those that still need the vets may not be able to do this but if I was someone that missed out on Rey the first time..id only refresh Catina at the most 3 times a day. Her journey will probably come back in about 6 months and that should be plenty of time to slowly farm the vets while working on other things.

But yes...Unmasked Kylo would seem like the right toon to farm incase the release Snoke.
    Wanna see a trolls weak roster? Here ya go---->>>> https://swgoh.gg/u/nicwester/You've been warned.

HardPill2Swallow
    If you're like me and play faithfully everyday getting rank 1 constantly, working with others in your shard to not only stay competetive but also working to keep out new players from dropping your rank, then you will understand what I'm saying.

When CLS came for the first time there were a lot of new faces that entered the top 10. Now that he is coming back we will see even more climbing the ranks...not because they have a good roster, or because they are good players..but because they finally got the CLS toon they have been crying about for months. We all know how good CLS is and how he fits into any team or any part of this game.

The shard I'm in has the exact same feeling as I do: All of us don't like to see new faces. All of us have controlled the top of our arena shard for well over a year and the last thing we want is to have to share our ranks with other players, not because they are good or deserve to be in the top 10...but because they weren't good enough to make it to the top 10 with what they had.

Instead they are gonna climb the ranks because of 1 toon. Just 1 toon...that's it. They haven't worked endlessly day after day for months holding on to their ranks of their daily payout, helping each other out like so many of us do. Nor have they helped each other out from snipers like many of us also have done.

My suggestion...work together to keep out all these new faces that get into the top 10 not because they are good or ain't good or deserve to be there...but because they couldn't get there before now all of a sudden because they got Luke they think they are top 10 arena tier and deserve to be there. They don't deserve to be there. Attack them soon as you get the chance to.

I know this isn't a popular opinion and I'm gonna get tons of hate...and honestly I don't even care. I'm just saying what the majorty of all the top people of their arena shards are thinking:

All these new players that are gonna enter the top 10 deserves to be targets first. Make them work for it. Show them just how competetive the top 10 is and what it takes if they wanna try and stay there.

To all the new players entering the top 10...you better be ready for a war cause you're not climbing the ranks that easily because you finally got Luke. Better mod up, refresh and be ready to change your team up cause for players like me and many others: it takes dedication, team work, communication and a willingness to log in multiple times a day to hold on to your ranks that we've held on to for well over a year...and many others and myself aren't giving it up without a fight. Just because you finally got Luke doesn't mean you are gonna get an easy free ride to the top.

If you can't beat any combination of squads in the top 10....you simply just don't belong there yet.
    Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    I appreciate passion and all, but I'm removing your post. It really serves no purpose, and trolling other users isn't permitted.
    **** you
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

i thought you paid to be prepared ? ;)<3

I only pay when I need to. Like with the vets I payed to finish on time and got Rey last Friday. I had enough gear hoarded to take her to G12. If I can farm something sooner and get ready before the next event drops then I do so.

Don't know why you feel the need to even respond to me about something that wasn't even concerning you? It's not a secret that you and I or your other 2 girlfriends really even get along..much less have anything in common.

Oh wait I see...you have over 7000 posts, so I guess you think your input matters. Are maybe you want to start an argument? Either way...Real Life must be really boring to waste that much time...but hey...whatever gives you your kicks man.

HardPill2Swallow

Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    **** you
  • Options
    I got her today as a ftp! Better luck next time devs! lol

Had to save up 10k crystals tho
  • Options
    Same here! Do it - or do it not - there is no try. :smiley:
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    <<DEV POST>>
    <<Blog Post>>

Even the greatest heroes can’t save the galaxy alone. Rey will need the help of her newfound friends and allies as she embarks upon a heroic mission in search of the missing Luke Skywalker. A more eclectic band of allies you’d be hard pressed to find, but their combined strength and cunning can overcome overwhelming odds.
    b48hczbjh29h.jpg

You will need to have 7-star versions of each of the following characters to fully complete the Rey’s Hero’s Journey event:

• Rey (Scavenger)
      • Shards found in Light Side Battles 2-A, Dark Side Battles 5-D, and 7-B

• Finn
      • Shards found in Cantina Battle 3-E, 5-C and Light Side Battles 7-A

• BB-8
      • Shards found in “Pieces and Plans” special event (event runs12/8 – 12/16)
    • Veteran Smuggler Han Solo
      • Shards found in Cantina Battles 8-G
    • Veteran Smuggler Chewbacca
      • Shards found in Cantina Battles 8-F

If you complete the event you will unlock the brand-new Rey (Jedi Training) at 7-stars.
    The Rey’s Hero’s Journey event begins on December 15th in support of the theatrical release of Star Wars™: The Last Jedi™.

<<Blog Post>>

Thanks for answering the wrong question and assuming you did your job. Next time "read" the question thoroughly and don't assume. You are a moderator for a reason .
  • Options
    Gamorrean wrote: »

Therein lies the rub.... I don't know of to many people that are F2P and can save up 10,000 crystals to panic farm the Vet chracters in only a few weeks before the Rey event. I have not been playing since the game started and currently there are so many characters to farm to be viable in all aspects of the game.

So when people say, I got her and I didn't spend a dime... I'm glad for you but not everyone is as set in the game to be able to afford holding on to that many resources and it not affect everything else.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Dramgon wrote: »

Therein lies the rub.... I don't know of to many people that are F2P and can save up 10,000 crystals to panic farm the Vet chracters in only a few weeks before the Rey event. I have not been playing since the game started and currently there are so many characters to farm to be viable in all aspects of the game.

So when people say, I got her and I didn't spend a dime... I'm glad for you but not everyone is as set in the game to be able to afford holding on to that many resources and it not affect everything else.

Does it count as F2P if you spend money but not on the game?

I did it entirely with crystals from the Google Play promotion. And I'm going to spend that money on music.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Dramgon wrote: »

I had 8k saved and couldn't even come that close - going to be about 50 shards short on each. RNG is real. (and no, I'm not dropping 30 bucks on the flavor of the month). I'm okay with it. With the direction the game is going, I'm fine with dialing back my play. The devs have made it clear that they want most people to pay to play. So I guess I'll just play less. Tired of chasing the constantly moving goal posts. Many long-time players have voiced the same (here and in guild chat).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It's always interesting to read these foruns, people who spend a lot but claim it was not that much. Or that worth push $500 bucks just to get a new toon. People are so adicted that they don't even realize what's the reasonable limit, if there's any. Since for companies like this, greediness is endless!

This new hero "unlock mode", wich is required 7*, instead of the old 5*, shows they don't care and are always pushing over the limit. Frankly it surprises me when i enter a new shard that has one month old and the top 30 looks like exactly an one year old shard: g12 toons all maxed. Only diference is mods.

That clearly means, top gross money is always incoming, for two or three old guilds that are dismantled, another 100 of new players enter the game and are willing to spend hard. While people are whinning on foruns everyday, big boss is farting and laughing with the same energy some are complaining.

I bought the vets pack and felt scammed of how average is new Rey. Was looking for a new Luke/Thrawn type, not another new version of KRU. But that's my humble opinion.

Last time i spent money on this year was at Easter promo, where instead of 25% discount on packs, CG made a huge mistake and released packs for 12,5% of their price for south america. I couldn't hold my self and bought all, for a total of $33 bucks i got 48k crystals, oh i'm so rich. On my guts i felt like: i cheated on you, it's payback time you @$%*#!!! lol

Sometimes i feel like a 100 years old guy playing this, when life is coming to an end, when u get tired of all the drama and don't want to fight no more. Like Napoleon said: "Resistance is Futile". I love SW and never, ever thought i could gave my self to a game like i did and still do. Being an officer on a top world guild is not for amateurs.

But maybe this is the whole point, get rid of old players and get the fresh and naive meat. While their eyes still shine.
  • Options
    SpeedRacer wrote: »
    This new hero "unlock mode", wich is required 7*, instead of the old 5*, shows they don't care and are always pushing over the limit.
    There are two that unlock at 7.

Relax.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Heisenberg says....relax!

HardPill2Swallow

Moderator TyloRen
    Points 0
    **** you