Rey (Jedi Training) Strategy Guide

Replies

  • TBH I wouldn't use her in top tier arena without full Resistance... losing a lot of potential. Now she will still be hard to kill from her foresight so will need to be fractured or annihilated, but she loses CD reduction and TM gain significantly without resistance.
  • SunTzu wrote: »
    Her main arena downfall is that that BB-8 is so important to her kit... hard to leave him out. So RJIT, BB-8, R2 but who do you sit out of CLS, Thrawn, GK?

    Well we need a taunt so GK is in... now CLS or Thrawn gets Das Boot?

    id sit out GK.... with r2 make it to where only she can be attacked. her foresite every turn with TM, Prot, and health gains are going to make her hard to kill.

    I'm also curious to see how Old Ben's lead will do with the new Rey

    Interesting perspective... also Rey's Special 1 can give Foresight to R2. Thrawn can give back protection....

    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

    December 2016 Arena Shard
  • SunTzu wrote: »
    Her main arena downfall is that that BB-8 is so important to her kit... hard to leave him out. So RJIT, BB-8, R2 but who do you sit out of CLS, Thrawn, GK?

    Well we need a taunt so GK is in... now CLS or Thrawn gets Das Boot?

    id sit out GK.... with r2 make it to where only she can be attacked. her foresite every turn with TM, Prot, and health gains are going to make her hard to kill.

    I'm also curious to see how Old Ben's lead will do with the new Rey

    Interesting perspective... also Rey's Special 1 can give Foresight to R2. Thrawn can give back protection....

    and old bens lead can keep giving her turn meter... and his mind tricks can make her cooldown less relevant
  • It seems all the people commenting here don´t own a zFinn...

    JTR provides the versatility in the resistance team but not as a leader. The uninterrupted turn meter gain from Finn paired up with the buff immunity from poe and now healing immunity from JTR could be the best thing on offense.

    Team should be: zFinn, Poe, zBB8, JTR, RT

    On defense they´ll probably suck, JTR doesn´t change the fact that resistance doesn´t do well on defense, and a complex kit is definitely not going to help the AI to control her efficiently.

    Still more resistance toons to come, I´m not going to get her this time around but I simply know the rest of the resistance toons will be the next meta under her, but resistance toons today are not that big a deal with her.
  • The worst is that all her attacks are avoidable...
  • GildoMcFlay
    242 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Pretty much what I expected after seeing KRU...not ridiculous CLS OP plug and play type character, but strong in their respective faction. With that being said I can already tell right now this character is going to be awful on defense. If we have a Hermit Yoda that is too kitten to use his Zeta heal/protection/foresight skill over his basic, I'm not really feeling all that confident the AI will come anywhere close to doing this toon justice...not only does it have to know which of its skills to prioritize which AI obviously blows at, but it also has to pick the right targets...

    Overall I'm not sensing that this will be a popular arena toon, and if you want to run resistance for pve content and already have zFinn, is Rey really a must have? I think its got a pretty sweet kit overall with some great resistance synergy, which is nice to see compared to toons that are just so OP stand alone they can go into any squad, yet I just don't think the actual usefulness of this character will justify farming old Han/Chewie...unless of course you also wanted old Han/Chewie anyways...
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • Her kit would be good if Vets were also Resistance...
  • I'm think her kit was developed with Chaze in mind. When reading her meta, the first scenario I pictured was a Zeta, 7* Baze being powered up to gear Lvl 13.5 with the most powerful mods constantly being fed health by Chirrut Imwe.

    Rey (Jedi Training)'s Healing Immunity, Ability Block and Expose definitely breaks this synergy up and DOT effects can gain traction on Chaze.

    Throw in R2 & BB8 and things get interesting. However, the rest of the Resistance squad is not very intimidating. Having said that, I think there will be another event for, Finn, soon. After all, all other major chars (non-toon) have at least 2 versions of themselves. Ben, Luke, Leia, Kylo, Chewbaka, Ahsoka, Palpatine/Siddious. Even Vader if you count Anakin. Yoda has three. Hans has four. Another Finn seems reasonable. The synergy between an additional Finn and this new Rey could build a more complete, well-rounded Resistance Squad. Maybe not the next event but soon.
    Lord of Hunger
  • Yoda has TWO version.
  • I guess I just dont get the hype. Resistance is already a fun and awesome squad to run. ZFinn is easy to farm, Poe and RTrooper are also easily available as well as Rey and RPilot. I run them in haat and easily get 1 million, I got BB-8 and just cleared TB phase 6 no problemo (my guild wasnt able to fill much more than 1 platoon for each horizontal slice whatever. They're my goto in TW and can handle CLS (if I add r2), also have been able to utilize them against Barris and Kenobi....poe's buff blocker, multiple exposes, zfinn's stun...no big deal. They keep me around in the top 100 for arena, but that's ok, Im always a step (3-4months) behind the meta. I think they dropped the ball with the outrageous farming demands, if she's harder to get than CLS then you should have made her the most OP toon in the game
  • I guess I just dont get the hype. Resistance is already a fun and awesome squad to run. ZFinn is easy to farm, Poe and RTrooper are also easily available as well as Rey and RPilot. I run them in haat and easily get 1 million, I got BB-8 and just cleared TB phase 6 no problemo (my guild wasnt able to fill much more than 1 platoon for each horizontal slice whatever. They're my goto in TW and can handle CLS (if I add r2), also have been able to utilize them against Barris and Kenobi....poe's buff blocker, multiple exposes, zfinn's stun...no big deal. They keep me around in the top 100 for arena, but that's ok, Im always a step (3-4months) behind the meta. I think they dropped the ball with the outrageous farming demands, if she's harder to get than CLS then you should have made her the most OP toon in the game

    According to interview with dev today. She ,with an unnamed sqaud is going to be the best in the game.
    Dethrone cls is what dev said
  • I heard the same interview about her with this unnamed squad... homework assignment - identify this squad.
  • Well we know 2 of the 5.
    Jrey and bb8
  • Could be just hype to sell more Vet bundles. Just sayin
  • What about
    AA(L), Cls, GK, JTR, bb8?
  • What do you guys think of several toons providing "select target to assist" options with Rey and BB8? The thing is obviously to call BB8 to assist and re-call Rey with him.
    I was thinking about toons like:
    1) Ezra, which is even better attacker with his Zeta, has one more dispel for the squad and can provide tons of damage by calling BB8 to assist followed by Rey and himself. I also think his passive will have time to stack with all those foresight from Rey, BB8 and Probably R2 and/or GK.
    2) Hermit Yoda which again synergies well with above mentioned Ezra, and probably GK. Also he can provide Jedy training to bb8 and call rey to assist everytime he presses Jedi training.
    3) GK himself which is always good enough to put in the squad, and which will call BB8 with Assault skill and So Rey will attack twice.

    Another wierd idea is to use Chopper with R2D2, BB8 and Rey (no idea about the last toon atm).
    The thing is Chopper, R2 and BB8 will have 24% TM bonus at the start of every encounter which will provide:
    1) fast 1 turn taunt from chopper
    2) Fastest R2D2 invis
    3) Fast Secret Intel for boosting Rey TM.
    4) Chance for Chopper to assist for every R2/BB8 turn buffing them with decreasing their CDs.

    The last toon can be different. Like Ezra for even more Assists from chopper and Ezra-BB-Rey synergy. Or CLS which should be leader to make every toon but Rey able to Counter. Or GK for making team even harder to kill.
  • No3nvy wrote: »
    What do you guys think of several toons providing "select target to assist" options with Rey and BB8? The thing is obviously to call BB8 to assist and re-call Rey with him.
    I was thinking about toons like:
    1) Ezra, which is even better attacker with his Zeta, has one more dispel for the squad and can provide tons of damage by calling BB8 to assist followed by Rey and himself. I also think his passive will have time to stack with all those foresight from Rey, BB8 and Probably R2 and/or GK.
    2) Hermit Yoda which again synergies well with above mentioned Ezra, and probably GK. Also he can provide Jedy training to bb8 and call rey to assist everytime he presses Jedi training.
    3) GK himself which is always good enough to put in the squad, and which will call BB8 with Assault skill and So Rey will attack twice.

    Another wierd idea is to use Chopper with R2D2, BB8 and Rey (no idea about the last toon atm).
    The thing is Chopper, R2 and BB8 will have 24% TM bonus at the start of every encounter which will provide:
    1) fast 1 turn taunt from chopper
    2) Fastest R2D2 invis
    3) Fast Secret Intel for boosting Rey TM.
    4) Chance for Chopper to assist for every R2/BB8 turn buffing them with decreasing their CDs.

    The last toon can be different. Like Ezra for even more Assists from chopper and Ezra-BB-Rey synergy. Or CLS which should be leader to make every toon but Rey able to Counter. Or GK for making team even harder to kill.

    its out of the box ideas like this that make me excited about this toon. I'm really looking forward to see how she plays
  • I think for sure you need BB8, and I'm thinking ScRey (scavenger Rey) will be very good because of the multiple critical possible with her and can get some exposes that way. R2 will be the new Poe in a way with multiple critical hits with his burn. RT will be good because of the TM gained on exposes.

    I need to research to see if there is someone else who can multi hit \ critical hit that could be a good add. Maybe Sidious?
  • Jrey with 4 resistantance.
    Many ways to set it up but for sure FULL resistantance.
  • guidaki
    51 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    No3nvy wrote: »
    What do you guys think of several toons providing "select target to assist" options with Rey and BB8? The thing is obviously to call BB8 to assist and re-call Rey with him.
    I was thinking about toons like:
    1) Ezra, which is even better attacker with his Zeta, has one more dispel for the squad and can provide tons of damage by calling BB8 to assist followed by Rey and himself. I also think his passive will have time to stack with all those foresight from Rey, BB8 and Probably R2 and/or GK.
    2) Hermit Yoda which again synergies well with above mentioned Ezra, and probably GK. Also he can provide Jedy training to bb8 and call rey to assist everytime he presses Jedi training.
    3) GK himself which is always good enough to put in the squad, and which will call BB8 with Assault skill and So Rey will attack twice.

    Another wierd idea is to use Chopper with R2D2, BB8 and Rey (no idea about the last toon atm).
    The thing is Chopper, R2 and BB8 will have 24% TM bonus at the start of every encounter which will provide:
    1) fast 1 turn taunt from chopper
    2) Fastest R2D2 invis
    3) Fast Secret Intel for boosting Rey TM.
    4) Chance for Chopper to assist for every R2/BB8 turn buffing them with decreasing their CDs.

    The last toon can be different. Like Ezra for even more Assists from chopper and Ezra-BB-Rey synergy. Or CLS which should be leader to make every toon but Rey able to Counter. Or GK for making team even harder to kill.
    SunTzu wrote: »
    No3nvy wrote: »
    What do you guys think of several toons providing "select target to assist" options with Rey and BB8? The thing is obviously to call BB8 to assist and re-call Rey with him.
    I was thinking about toons like:
    1) Ezra, which is even better attacker with his Zeta, has one more dispel for the squad and can provide tons of damage by calling BB8 to assist followed by Rey and himself. I also think his passive will have time to stack with all those foresight from Rey, BB8 and Probably R2 and/or GK.
    2) Hermit Yoda which again synergies well with above mentioned Ezra, and probably GK. Also he can provide Jedy training to bb8 and call rey to assist everytime he presses Jedi training.
    3) GK himself which is always good enough to put in the squad, and which will call BB8 with Assault skill and So Rey will attack twice.

    Another wierd idea is to use Chopper with R2D2, BB8 and Rey (no idea about the last toon atm).
    The thing is Chopper, R2 and BB8 will have 24% TM bonus at the start of every encounter which will provide:
    1) fast 1 turn taunt from chopper
    2) Fastest R2D2 invis
    3) Fast Secret Intel for boosting Rey TM.
    4) Chance for Chopper to assist for every R2/BB8 turn buffing them with decreasing their CDs.

    The last toon can be different. Like Ezra for even more Assists from chopper and Ezra-BB-Rey synergy. Or CLS which should be leader to make every toon but Rey able to Counter. Or GK for making team even harder to kill.

    its out of the box ideas like this that make me excited about this toon. I'm really looking forward to see how she plays

    love this kind of theorys!
    Its a shame that not only Rey wont counter, but also bb8 won't counter, since it's not Rebel (and if bb8 counter, Rey would also, if bb8 have a zeta)

    Also i think that new Rey can maybe be the only toon that can 1vs1 with cls
  • guidaki wrote: »

    love this kind of theorys!
    Its a shame that not only Rey wont counter, but also bb8 won't counter, since it's not Rebel (and if bb8 counter, Rey would also, if bb8 have a zeta)

    Also i think that new Rey can maybe be the only toon that can 1vs1 with cls

    BB8 has natural 80% counter, much better than CLS's 50%
  • SirSith wrote: »
    I heard the same interview about her with this unnamed squad... homework assignment - identify this squad.

    I'm seeing the movie tomorrow, but I have been thinking one way it could go is that Rey starts training with Luke while Kylo decides to leave snoke, and they form their own thing together. Rose and finn become the heroes of the rebellion for episode 9, and jyn is the new Anakin. Something like that would envoke a new squad for training rey. Or I could be way off. I'm excited to find out in 25 hours.
  • Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    SirSith wrote: »
    I heard the same interview about her with this unnamed squad... homework assignment - identify this squad.

    I'm seeing the movie tomorrow, but I have been thinking one way it could go is that Rey starts training with Luke while Kylo decides to leave snoke, and they form their own thing together. Rose and finn become the heroes of the rebellion for episode 9, and jyn is the new Anakin. Something like that would envoke a new squad for training rey. Or I could be way off. I'm excited to find out in 25 hours.

    Funny you say that. I was reading KRU's kit to see if he would make a good fit. I also like what No3nvy wrote regarding the assist with Ezra.
  • spicynachosupreme1
    507 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    SirSith wrote: »
    I heard the same interview about her with this unnamed squad... homework assignment - identify this squad.

    I'm seeing the movie tomorrow, but I have been thinking one way it could go is that Rey starts training with Luke while Kylo decides to leave snoke, and they form their own thing together. Rose and finn become the heroes of the rebellion for episode 9, and jyn is the new Anakin. Something like that would envoke a new squad for training rey. Or I could be way off. I'm excited to find out in 25 hours.

    Jyn is dead. You mean Rey?
  • Not worth the effort.
  • I absolutely guarantee the devs will make any doubters completely regret skipping her.
  • The human brain is such that most people see only what's exactly in front of them. The visionaries are the ones who succeed, and this game plays to that constantly.
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    The human brain is such that most people see only what's exactly in front of them. The visionaries are the ones who succeed, and this game plays to that constantly.

    People who speak in metaphors should shampoo my...


    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

    December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Rmaxtpmx wrote: »
    I absolutely guarantee the devs will make any doubters completely regret skipping her.

    giphy.gif
  • I have JTR at 7 stars, all 3 zetas, Gear 12 - I tried her in arena in several teams (Top Resistance Team, Mix of Meta Toons), result: I am very disappointed. My shard mates also gave an underwhelming feedback for her defense capabilities. For a toon requiring BB-8, Vets etc. to get and all the other investments ... I truly hope there is a secret ingredient to her...
Sign In or Register to comment.