What's your plan B during Rey's heroes journey

Im not starting a complaint thread, but was just curious what people are focusing on if they know they wont be able to do Rey's journey. When I missed CLS I farmed up Resistance which was amazing for GW (before the nerf), got me at least 1.6 million in haat, was my go to for TB, and also helped me finally break the top 100 in arena (until this past week).
So I wanted to pick some of your brains for ideas on how do be most productive during this event. I was thinking of focusing on geo spy+soldier and asajj. Ive heard good strategies and synergies for them with haat squads and TW (also DS TB). Im tired of cantina farming so might try to build up my mods again, ive got the required toons for CLS so waiting for his second coming. ..

Replies

• since I WON'T be farming Vets any longer, I plan to go back to mod farming, or topping off toons I was focusing on before the VET rush.
  • If I don’t quit the game most probably gonna finish ISC for the platoon requirements for my guild and then maybe go for veterans, although slowing my refreshes by dropping them from 3 a day to 1 a day and most probably 3 each on the Sunday-Monday guild activity period.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The same thing we do every night Pinky, farm for the next time it will return.
  • since I WON'T be farming Vets any longer, I plan to go back to mod farming, or topping off toons I was focusing on before the VET rush.
    @RussianSKS who were you farming before using all your energy on the Vets? Yeah I think I got some bad RNG this time first double drops only got 2 han shards to drop. Chewie was better but still only got him to 20/65 shards. I had to finish off kylo and then I jumped to mods just because its a 100% drop rate

I had literally just finished FO team when the vet craze hit, so I immediately jumped over. Han's RNG was horrible, Chew's so-so. I had planned on farming mods for toon who were lacking. I'm also trying to finish up Wedge and Acolyte.
  • If I miss Jedi Rey this time, I’ll finish off vets and then farm their gear up to g9 so I know I’m set for next time.

• I might be able to get the veterans up in time, I don't know. But even if I don't, I figure I'll finish them up anyway so that I've got them ready for the next time. The last thing I want is to wind up SOL twice.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Imperial troopers. As soon as the vets were obviously needed for Rey. I knew I wouldn't get her so I've been farming imperial troopers. A farm I've wanted to do for awhile. Rey event actually gave me the time I needed to get them. Pumped. Thanks devs for giving me this break. Won't be as good as Rey but insanely cooler.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Imperial troopers. As soon as the vets were obviously needed for Rey. I knew I wouldn't get her so I've been farming imperial troopers. A farm I've wanted to do for awhile. Rey event actually gave me the time I needed to get them. Pumped. Thanks devs for giving me this break. Won't be as good as Rey but insanely cooler.

Dude ... that's actually an awesome team! A very slow team, but can do MASSIVE damage in HAAT. I'll have it eventually, but it's a slow burn.
  • Kyno wrote: »

And there's nothing wrong about that?
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    I will save crystals for Imperial Probe Droid. And I will blow away New Rey into cosmos every time in Arena.
  • Kyngzilla
    265 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Finishing off Krennic and Veers
  • The best answer is work on them for next go around, but at a less fevered pace, peppering in mod farming too. After that, I'd get back to building my Trooper and other Empire squad for DSTB
  • Work on platoon rare toons and stuff to help your guild with TB. TW also means you need several good teams. So find some team like troopers or ewoks that is fun but maybe not meta and work on them. Grind gear to get all your toons to g7, try to unlock every rebel, every light side, every empire, every dark side. Lots to do.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

And there's nothing wrong about that?

IMO, no. this game is a farm. we grind. the grind is life. People can pay and they get more, as is life. but in the end time = money, its your choice what you spend, time or money.
  • If the double drop is only on the vets then farm them. If it is wider then fuzzy han to help your guild.
  • I am continuing to plug away at 85 Scoundrels and 75 Jawas to get the Mods and scoundrel credit and Training Droid heists. Slowing building the FO and Resistance for the mods as well.

Ready now for Thrawn, R2 return and building pilots. Can’t have it all. It’s just a phone app.
  • I didn't start farming them. Once I finish old Ben im gonna start. I like chewie at the very least and was planning to get Rey the 2nd time from the start. No pressure and all that
  • I will farm through Vets, and then level and gear them, find mods, etc. They'll be a fine addition for TW and it's likely they'll show up in LD TB now.
    It's a pain I had FO all this time... that FOST farm.... have pumped resources into Resistance... that I got BB8 the first time... that I leveled, geared, zeta'd BB8 and was in a VERY reasonable position to get whatever Rey event was coming - and we got hit with the Vets. It's so obviously a cash grab that, even though I'm probably in a better position with vets then some others, I STILL won't spend money on it. It's really disappointing. I don't even mind spending some $$ on the game - but this one isn't even trying to meet us anywhere near half way.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Kyno wrote: »

This is the surefire way to do it. Then you won't forget to farm them for next time.
  • My Plan B is my Plan A: sticking to my plan. That is, currently tandem leveling FO and Resistance (they're not even close to being viable yet). I'll get Rey next next time. CLS squad is ready (so yeah EA, wanna drop that event soon, since you dropped BB8 so quickly???)
  • I'm going to sit in the shadows and raise my army so that when she comes back around, I can capture her... I mean collect her. This answer sounds like I still play pokemon.
  • I'm still following my prior trajectory. Making sure my Empire is ready for the next R2, getting my DN to 7* (I'm at 53/100 now), and getting all my Phoenix to 7*. I never looked at Resistance before, not changing yet now.
  • Just keep grinding what ive been grinding
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Havn't been farming the vets and I'll keep farming my Resistance and First Order.
  • Dralkyr wrote: »
    I'm still following my prior trajectory. Making sure my Empire is ready for the next R2, getting my DN to 7* (I'm at 53/100 now), and getting all my Phoenix to 7*. I never looked at Resistance before, not changing yet now.

Pretty much exactly there with you! Working on Nihilus' 7th star and empire for R2! Really hope they do his event again before CLS!
    Not sure how your Pheonix looks, I had to gear up Ezra to G10 (worth it anyway because he is a great asset to any rebel or Jedi team) and Kanan to G9 to get 7* Thrawn. All the rest were at G8 and all had decent mods with only average speed. I heard you can do the event with everyone at G8 if you have perfect speed (200+) on each character. I had maybe 140-160 on each.
    Whatever you have to do, Thrawn is worth it.
  • caldera
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I'll probably quit, honestly.

You can't stay relevant as a f2p player anymore, you can't even stay relevant as a minor spender with the way CLS has broken most everything, the way Chaze broke things before that.

People say "well get the meta characters for yourself by farming". Fine, but that's not a game I'm interested in playing. This isn't farmville. And there should be more than one way to play and be successful instead of "get CLS or your're hosed" "get Rey or you're hosed" "get Chaze or you're hosed" etc etc.

I want to play the game the way I want. I don't want to farm down EA's handful of predetermined pathways.

And honestly, it gets old that every new character released makes the ones I've spent so much time developing ever more obsolete. (Nothing like seeing a bunch of Ewoks shred a team of Sith Lords for realism, right?)

There's no way to meaningfully advance without spending huge, and they've really taken the fun out of the game with competitive balance issues making only a few configurations viable in arena, some raid phases, etc.

The fun has been disappearing for some time.
  • Finish up vets if I don’t make it throw them with gk zarris and HY in a non rebel Tb battle.