The true gift that is Mythic Events

Prev13456
While it will be nice to have guaranteed, exceptional mods as rewards from mythic events, it seems that some are overlooking one very important detail: you can sell the ones you don't want! If you don't find the mod useful, you can sell it and make a ton of credits. Sure, it takes good mods to get past the legendary event but after that its pretty much a once-a-month (seeing as we usually get one legendary event per month anymore) credit/mod giveaway!
Ally Code: 357-613-281
swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/

Replies

• While it will be nice to have guaranteed, exceptional mods as rewards from mythic events, it seems that some are overlooking one very important detail: you can sell the ones you don't want! If you don't find the mod useful, you can sell it and make a ton of credits. Sure, it takes good mods to get past the legendary event but after that its pretty much a once-a-month (seeing as we usually get one legendary event per month anymore) credit/mod giveaway!

Tons of credits?
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    While it will be nice to have guaranteed, exceptional mods as rewards from mythic events, it seems that some are overlooking one very important detail: you can sell the ones you don't want! If you don't find the mod useful, you can sell it and make a ton of credits. Sure, it takes good mods to get past the legendary event but after that its pretty much a once-a-month (seeing as we usually get one legendary event per month anymore) credit/mod giveaway!

Tons of credits?

Yes. Selling mk5 mods that are in the A-B Rarity gives the highest payoff of any mod. I think it gives about 100k+ credits last I checked.
  • While it will be nice to have guaranteed, exceptional mods as rewards from mythic events, it seems that some are overlooking one very important detail: you can sell the ones you don't want! If you don't find the mod useful, you can sell it and make a ton of credits. Sure, it takes good mods to get past the legendary event but after that its pretty much a once-a-month (seeing as we usually get one legendary event per month anymore) credit/mod giveaway!

So after you spend 112 k to get a mod to 12 and find out its secondaries you can sell it for 15k and make "tons of credits"! Hhm, ok
    [

So after you spend 112 k to get a mod to 12 and find out its secondaries you can sell it for 15k and make "tons of credits"! Hhm, ok
    Right, let's blow the numbers wayyy out of proportion and say that you spend 5x as much as you get. Sell it at level one. I don't care. But a fully upgraded mod definitely would not sell for less than 100k. I don't know what game you're playing but even a fully upgraded mediocre mod sells for at least 50k.
  • it's mainly for fun, mod reward is by product

They are guaranteed purple/gold. You know the secondary from lvl 1
  • TheLightandDark1
    117 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I swear these millennials never learned how to read. It is not a random mod. It's based on the mod challenge factions. Ex. For mythic bb8 we will get speed mods (tier 3 is resistance against FO). Lets read the posts before we complain? AFTER carefully reading, then we complain.

Oops forgot to spell out that you use resistance to get speed mods in the challenges
    [

Right, let's blow the numbers wayyy out of proportion and say that you spend 5x as much as you get. Sell it at level one. I don't care. But a fully upgraded mod definitely would not sell for less than 100k. I don't know what game you're playing but even a fully upgraded mediocre mod sells for at least 50k.

97k for a level 15 A type mod, am i still exaggerating
  • I swear these millennials never learned how to read. It is not a random mod. It's based on the mod challenge factions. Ex. For mythic bb8 we will get speed mods (tier 3 is resistance against FO). Lets read the posts before we complain? AFTER carefully reading, then we complain.

Oops forgot to spell out that you use resistance to get speed mods in the challenges

I was responding to the original post saying how you can make tons of credits by selling them. Maybe you aren't reading carefully
  • I swear these millennials never learned how to read. It is not a random mod. It's based on the mod challenge factions. Ex. For mythic bb8 we will get speed mods (tier 3 is resistance against FO). Lets read the posts before we complain? AFTER carefully reading, then we complain.

This obsession with millennials tho, might wanna do some self reflection
  • Might as well spell it all out

Health mods are anyone Cantina mixer style
    Defense are Jedi
    Crit up is Jawa
    Crit dmg is Scoundrels
    Potency is Empire
    Tenacity is Rebels
    Offense Up is First Order
    Speed is Resistance
  • Blizzisme wrote: »
    B0untryHR7 wrote: »

They are guaranteed purple/gold. You know the secondary from lvl 1

But you can't know if these values will go uo until you upgrade to 12. I can't tell you how many times a speed mod secondary went up by 10+ after upgrade and how many times it was the same after.
    I swear these millennials never learned how to read. It is not a random mod. It's based on the mod challenge factions. Ex. For mythic bb8 we will get speed mods (tier 3 is resistance against FO). Lets read the posts before we complain? AFTER carefully reading, then we complain.

I was responding to the original post saying how you can make tons of credits by selling them. Maybe you aren't reading carefully

You know, you’ve been causing problems on all threads concerning mods because you’re upset that you have to farm VSs but you want to farm mods and refuse to prioritize. Maybe you need to learn that forums can be read only as well.

You know, you’ve been causing problems on all threads concerning mods because you’re upset that you have to farm VSs but you want to farm mods and refuse to prioritize. Maybe you need to learn that forums can be read only as well.

Causing problems? What? What is the purpose of forums? If you can't handle the truth that doesn't mean we are causing problems

Causing problems? What? What is the purpose of forums? If you can't handle the truth that doesn't mean we are causing problems

Let’s see here...

This obsession with millennials tho, might wanna do some self reflection

“You two understand what you are saying is ridiculous right? How is mods and legendaries on the same priority list?”

“No trolls accepted, you can go troll elsewhere”

“Sometimes i wonder whose side you guys are on”

“Sounds often.... uhh not really”

“You didnt give any advice my friend, how am i supposed to farm the vets in 4 months and farm mods at the same time? I'm f2p in case you forget.”

Need I say any more? It’s not so much the information you give but the condescending way you give it. You’re not above everyone else here. We have tried to help you with the mod issue you need advice with on your thread and you didn’t want to listen. I wanted to give optimistic feedback to the devs, and instead I get you bringing the drama from your thread here.
  • I'm a millennial myself, I just say stuff because why not it's the internet <---see millennial. I think the mythic will be fun and before reaching the rewards I was expecting no reward, just the ability to play for fun because that's what it seemed like people asked for.
  • The player base asked for ways to get mods reliably without spending energy. This is one of the ways we came up with. I hope you all like it!
    Designer of all things Events for SW:GoH.
    reddit: /u/Capgasp
    I don't reply to attacks or negativity. Keep it civil.
  • I for one appreciate it. Thank you.
    CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    The player base asked for ways to get mods reliably without spending energy. This is one of the ways we came up with. I hope you all like it!

• JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I think it's great.

What would be even better is to now come up with a way to make health, defence, offence etc actually worth something rather than just obsessing speed speed speed.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »
    The player base asked for ways to get mods reliably without spending energy. This is one of the ways we came up with. I hope you all like it!

Don't get me wrong, I love this idea, I just thought it was hilarious how he was trying to upsell the idea and how he said that sure you can make tons of credits if the mod isn't what you wanted. Which is a blatant lie since mods will cost you more to upgrade them and see what they offer and then sell them.

Also, this by no means fixes the problem of indefinite cantina farming. It's not just the vets. We still have CHS to 7 star, deathtrooper for DS TB. We all have to accept that cantina has become pay to play since you can't farm what you want but you must devote your limited resources to what you need. And constantly postpone the characters you want.

Mythic events will help with the grind only a little, the real problem is that at 16 energy cost per battle with around 30% drop rate and a 12 minute refresh for 1 energy cantina remains a problem no matter how you look at it. Mod challenges are less than 1% possible to give you a trully awesome mod. So unless you spend thousands of energy you won't get anything good.

I mean you can't look at a person in the eyes and honestly tell them that they have choices. If we ignore the vets we'll be punished. If we ignore mods, again we'll be punished. If we ignore both and farm who we want, punished. If we try to go divide it up and do a little bit of everything again punished. The only thing we can do is either hope Rey won't be broken in arena, or go all in on Rey and hope that our lacking mods will be sufficient to keep us at a decent arena place and be sufficient for TW.

I'm thankful for mythic events but I feel like it's not gonna cut it
  • DasMurich
    245 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't care so much about the rewards, for me it's just getting the event. It kind of **** losing the event once the toon was earned. It's nice to have something there to play again. I think it's cool.

Don't get me wrong, I love this idea, I just thought it was hilarious how he was trying to upsell the idea and how he said that sure you can make tons of credits if the mod isn't what you wanted. Which is a blatant lie since mods will cost you more to upgrade them and see what they offer and then sell them.

Also, this by no means fixes the problem of indefinite cantina farming. It's not just the vets. We still have CHS to 7 star, deathtrooper for DS TB. We all have to accept that cantina has become pay to play since you can't farm what you want but you must devote your limited resources to what you need. And constantly postpone the characters you want.

Mythic events will help with the grind only a little, the real problem is that at 16 energy cost per battle with around 30% drop rate and a 12 minute refresh for 1 energy cantina remains a problem no matter how you look at it. Mod challenges are less than 1% possible to give you a trully awesome mod. So unless you spend thousands of energy you won't get anything good.

I mean you can't look at a person in the eyes and honestly tell them that they have choices. If we ignore the vets we'll be punished. If we ignore mods, again we'll be punished. If we ignore both and farm who we want, punished. If we try to go divide it up and do a little bit of everything again punished. The only thing we can do is either hope Rey won't be broken in arena, or go all in on Rey and hope that our lacking mods will be sufficient to keep us at a decent arena place and be sufficient for TW.

You know 16k for a mod you haven’t upgraded and don’t want is better than 0 for a mod that you don’t want, right? Sure, mod farming is a problem that needs to be fixed, but you have to make choices if you’re going to be f2p. Either miss out on rey and get mods or miss out on mods and get rey. Move mods around when you need to. It’s how it has to work if you’re going to get anywhere. And I’m sure you’ll blantantly disagree with me on this, but you can either sit here and ask for them to fix it for you and get nowhere in the meantime or you can devise a temporary solution until it is dealt with. It’s not me trying to upsell mythic events, I’m just saying it’ll help with mod farms while giving us the replayable events we wanted and give us credits if we get a mod we don’t want.
  • CG_CapGaSP wrote: »

@CG_CapGaSP
    Hear me out please. It’s a love hate thing in my mind. Here’s why.
    I love it for this reason: It shows you listened to your community base and allowed us to replay legendary events after we beat them. It puts a different perspective to boot and we also get needed mods and rewards from it. For that, thank you very much.
    Here’s why I hate it: nothing to do with the event itself. However knowing the requirements for the new Rey event, you overlooked how bad it is that you are requiring the veterans at 7*. They were just released to cantina a couple weeks ago and even farming them from the start using refreshes and double drops, I only have them half way to 5* each. Even if I bought the pack for 50 shards each at the current rated im looking to be short only getting them to 6*. We need more ways to get them. Even double drops on only them from 12/8 until 12/15 would be amazingly helpful!!! Please help us lol

You know 16k for a mod you haven’t upgraded and don’t want is better than 0 for a mod that you don’t want, right? Sure, mod farming is a problem that needs to be fixed, but you have to make choices if you’re going to be f2p. Either miss out on rey and get mods or miss out on mods and get rey. Move mods around when you need to. It’s how it has to work if you’re going to get anywhere. And I’m sure you’ll blantantly disagree with me on this, but you can either sit here and ask for them to fix it for you and get nowhere in the meantime or you can devise a temporary solution until it is dealt with. It’s not me trying to upsell mythic events, I’m just saying it’ll help with mod farms while giving us the replayable events we wanted and give us credits if we get a mod we don’t want.

I asked for this myself not so long ago. If you go back to my posts from a week or 2 I have a post asking for these events to be replayable and maybe help with the mods crunch. I'm happier than you about this decision and I think it's amazing.

However, a) it doesn't mean it's gonna fix the mod crunch completely and b) the bigger problem is that we will be stuck farming the veterans for months and as a result we won't have a chance to farm mods the proper way.

• Xezee
    274 posts Member
    Omg, next legendary - jawas vs bounty hunters, unlocking Jango Fett. You read it here first!
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Xezee wrote: »
    Omg, next legendary - jawas vs bounty hunters, unlocking Jango Fett. You read it here first!

Where's my Jabba?
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    JaggedJ wrote: »

Where's my Jabba?

Now when you said it... Time to farm Gamorrean Guard...
  • Xezee wrote: »
    Won't happen, we farmed and geared Jawas for HAAT unless they lock 3 new Jawas behind +20 cantina energy nodes
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member

Where's my Jabba?

Already got him. Don't ask me why, but I got him.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »

Where's my Jabba?

Already got him. Don't ask me why, but I got him.
    Because you love that piggy squeal when he gets 1 hit KO’ed lol