Can you have effective droid team w/o Poe?

Prev1
Doga
808 posts Member
edited February 2016
I get slaughter by a droid team which is HK (L), Poe, Poggle, 86 and 88. I am working on HK to unlock and have the rest but can they be as effective w/o Poe and who would I use? 100? GS? Thanks.

Replies

• Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I'm talking about the top 10 meta. On my server it is all based upon speed, assist, as much damage as you can do in the shortest amount of time. If you were on my server and went with HK lead and GS, I would destroy your 88 first move, 86 ko'ed second move, AI is terrible so your GS is more than likely going attack my Poe first and have HK assist...) by the time Poggle buffs, HK gets a turn it's already 3 v 5. If it were me, I'd keep Poe until you know what direction your going, at least he helps you cut in early and may potentially save one character before second wave of moves. I dismantled my droid team, went with Sid lead, QGJ (swap to poggle occasionally), GS, Poe, and only kept 88. Maybe with Grevious, Droids will make a come back.
  • Doga
    808 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    HK gives speed to droids so only QGJ as lead and Dooku go first, unless you have another speed meta leader as far as I can tell. I could be wrong but my Sid went after his volly; and yes, top 10.
    Correction: Sid went second but they went before GS.
  • I'd try Poggle(lead), 86, GS, Daka (if you have her) and one other. 88 seems a little too slow and squishy regardless if you have Poe
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Doga wrote: »
    HK gives speed to droids so only QGJ as lead and Dooku go first, unless you have another speed meta leader as far as I can tell. I could be wrong but my Sid went after his volly; and yes, top 10.

Correct me if I'm wrong, I believe HK doesn't give speed he gives them 30% turn meter upon critical hit. So if they don't get a chance to hit, they get none. Poggle does give speed with this buff, however he is always after Sid, GS and only starts applying the speed up at that moment, QGJ is already on his way for his turn.
    l3end3r wrote: »
    I'd try Poggle(lead), 86, GS, Daka (if you have her) and one other. 88 seems a little too slow and squishy regardless if you have Poe

He is extremely squishy, that's why I started using QGJ, it makes the opposing player to chose. Do I take out QGJ or i88 along with being able instagib a second character after Sid/GS turns. Even if he dies before he AoE's, GS calling him to assist, or QGJ before he dies is amazing...
  • Doga wrote: »
    HK gives speed to droids

This is his leader ability:
    Droid allies gain 30% Critical Chance and gain 30% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit.

Lobot gives droids speed.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    U could do Poggle (leader), IG86, GS, IG88, IG100.
  • Eunoe wrote: »
    HK gives speed to droids

This is his leader ability:
    Droid allies gain 30% Critical Chance and gain 30% Turn Meter on a Critical Hit.

Lobot gives droids speed.

What!!! Well dang! Hehe, thanks
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    I did have one guy with Sid, i86, i88, Poggle, and Daka. I took that team too lightly, RNG with that player almost cost me the match, Daka's passive ability kept raising dead droids, it was amazing setup when RNG is in your favor.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Anraeth wrote: »
    AI is terrible
    AI is terrible for everybody. You just need to be good om offense and be on line at 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM to win #1.
    I dismantled my droid team, went with Sid lead, QGJ (swap to poggle occasionally), GS, Poe, and only kept 88. Maybe with Grevious, Droids will make a come back.
    Only Sid in that team moved before my GS (and can't 1HKO anybody). Then it is a coin toss between your GS and mine. If I win that coin toss, you are going to suffer a lot of pain. GS calls another droids, and if he crits, then the nuclear chain reaction starts. There are teams that obliterate me, but not with Sid as Lead. Dont expect to have QGJ alive by the time he can act unless he is the L of the team. A team with QGJ (L), Yoda, Dooku, GS and Rey will hurt me to no end. Sid (L), QGJ, GS, 88 and Poe is not unbeatable by any means for my geonosian droid factory

I get slaughter by a droid team which is HK (L), Poe, Poggle, 86 and 88. I am working on HK to unlock and have the rest but can they be as effective w/o Poe and who would I use? 100? GS? Thanks.

I use HK (L), 86, 88, Poggle and Geonosian Soldier. The keys are HK47 leadership and GS speed
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Triqui wrote: »

I use HK (L), 86, 88, Poggle and Geonosian Soldier. The keys are HK47 leadership and GS speed

I run nearly the same team. What are the stars in your team? My HK still 4*, IG86 6*, IG88 7*, GS 7*, and Poe 5*. I'm farming to unlock Poggle in GW.
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    AI is terrible
    AI is terrible for everybody. You just need to be good om offense and be on line at 5:00 PM to 6:00 PM to win #1.
    I dismantled my droid team, went with Sid lead, QGJ (swap to poggle occasionally), GS, Poe, and only kept 88. Maybe with Grevious, Droids will make a come back.
    Only Sid in that team moved before my GS (and can't 1HKO anybody). Then it is a coin toss between your GS and mine. If I win that coin toss, you are going to suffer a lot of pain. GS calls another droids, and if he crits, then the nuclear chain reaction starts. There are teams that obliterate me, but not with Sid as Lead. Dont expect to have QGJ alive by the time he can act unless he is the L of the team. A team with QGJ (L), Yoda, Dooku, GS and Rey will hurt me to no end. Sid (L), QGJ, GS, 88 and Poe is not unbeatable by any means for my geonosian droid factory

I appreciate your input, and your absolutely right. No team is unbeatable, the hindering fact is the AI we already established. However may I know your full composition. So your right, its a coin toss, so now your GS went first, instagibed with droid assist. They gain 30% turn meter, so it really depends on RNG at this point. Now I'm going to assume you took out my QGJ by your comment, now my GS is up who takes out your i88. Are you saying your 30% turn meter on all droids skips my GS? Usually at this point my GS is up and istagibs your i88, I'm curious from your view, if the 30% jumps you ahead of opponent Poe from taunting, coin toss GS? From my experience with teams similar to yours, they go after the decoy QGJ, my gs kills i88, opponent poggle buffs, Poes taunt, enemy 86 kills Poe HK aoes. if my 88 didnt get debuffed by HK, he aoes gets damage bonus from sid debuffs. Usually ends in victory.

I'm curious to see it from your prospective.
  • Vs a droid team you use a droid team and pray to RNG, or do a full speed team that can take out two chars before droids move (qgj leia gs rey plus another).

With non droids, you 88 will die before acting, so that deletes synergy of HK (fewer droids fewer TM advance). But Poe now protects what??? All remaining chars are not so squishy. So GS is good because it lands damage earlier and calls assist.

What is best, a taunt that will die very soon and you have a weak HK, and one dps good char 86, or a GS that already killed one char and will cool down very soon?

So, lead with poggle, drop HK, add GS. Poogle buffs GS too. The TM you lose doesn't matter much.

If HK was high speed it would be useful to block specials.
  • I run maxed Sidius, Lumi, IG-86, IG-88 and Poggle. I'm on an older server and I fluctuate between rank 65-125. Without Poe, I have no defense. I'm hoping Royal Guard can substitute after the update next week.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Reyia wrote: »

I run nearly the same team. What are the stars in your team? My HK still 4*, IG86 6*, IG88 7*, GS 7*, and Poe 5*. I'm farming to unlock Poggle in GW.

Mine is all of them 6*
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    AI is terrible

I appreciate your input, and your absolutely right. No team is unbeatable, the hindering fact is the AI we already established. However may I know your full composition. So your right, its a coin toss, so now your GS went first, instagibed with droid assist. They gain 30% turn meter, so it really depends on RNG at this point. Now I'm going to assume you took out my QGJ by your comment, now my GS is up who takes out your i88. Are you saying your 30% turn meter on all droids skips my GS? Usually at this point my GS is up and istagibs your i88, I'm curious from your view, if the 30% jumps you ahead of opponent Poe from taunting, coin toss GS? From my experience with teams similar to yours, they go after the decoy QGJ, my gs kills i88, opponent poggle buffs, Poes taunt, enemy 86 kills Poe HK aoes. if my 88 didnt get debuffed by HK, he aoes gets damage bonus from sid debuffs. Usually ends in victory.

I'm curious to see it from your prospective.

If I'm attacking, your GS will target randomly, so 80% of the time he dont attack my 88. And again, I'm not worried if he does, in my composstion I'd rather lose 88 than Geo or 86.

If you are attacking, I'm the one who probsbly will lose as the AI will make my droids target some random guy instead of the proper targets. But I assume that, the gsme is designad to benefit the attacker. You win vs teams with 2000 more power when you attack and never lose vs those with 2000 less power.

About the combat, the thing is, my GS will oneshot QGJ, then the assisting droid will likely crit. Lowest crit rating is HK47 with about 51%. Highest is IG88 with 110+% with his basic. If they crit, it depends who is called.

If it is 88, I'll inmediately AOE. That will ability block half of your team (55%). If he crits 3+ he will gain 90%+ TM, ready to act again. If that happens I'll kill a random dude more.

If it is HK I'll do AOE too. He will debuff your party and hopefully finish some squishy in the follow up
    If it is IG86, I'd go nuts. Use 86's assist, call a another droid, keep the csrnsge.
    If it is poggle, it stops there. That's why I plan using QGJ instead, he will be a second 86 in this setup.

Then it is the AI turn. If I went with 86, he is probsbly 3 dudes down abd I've won already. If I went with 88 or 47, probsbly 2 dudes down and the rest debuffed. The AI will attack me, randonmly. Sometimes I'd lose a glass cannon, sometimes will target HK or Poggle who are damage buffers, can take a hit and dont matter much if they die.

So while I agree that you probably will kill me on your attack, I probably will kill you in mine. Tsking the 1 spot for me depends onbbeing able to play at 5:45 to 6:00

Now, a team with QGJ (L), Anakin, Yoda, Dooku and Old Ben, that's another different beast. Or add GS, Leía, Hoth Rebel Scout, Ackbar+Han, or other combos where 4-5 guys move before my GS starts. Those will crush me. But those crush everybody.

A single Sid moving before my GS isn't enough to make the droids fold. You need a full team of speedsters with bazooka.
  • Jabba
    1033 posts Member
    I ran full 7* star droid team and took 1st with it many times hk lead ig88 Ig 86 Poggle Poe use Geo a lot as well subbing at times with Poggle or Poe on offense was a high probability of a win now your dead before you can act with it well on my fully developed shard anyway. I had to adjust use Poggle lead now Geo Ig 86 Ig 88 Poe still gets some wins but only way I got 1st back was sticking a 5 star fully geared qui gon 5 star dookoo geared 5 star yoda geared my 7 star Poggle geo Ig 86 Ig 88 lumi I mix and match depending on opponent and put Poggle lead geo Ig 88 Ig 86 Poe in for defense sometimes have 2 5 stars in battle but win speed only thing that matters now but I like it better this way a lot more fun Luckily yoda event had me working Jedi and will all be 7 star in 2 weeks. So the answer from a Droid lover I know with 100 percent certainty if you run the once dominant droid comp now you will lose .

Please dont use Poe in your droid team. He is such a looser and you will waste one attacker slot int his killing machine team.

Please put Poggle as leader, followed by GS, HK 47, IG 88 and IG 86. Your GS will move first and aim for their best attacker in one shot with assist. After they retaliate, finish their miserable Poe because he make a taunt. This way they already lost 2 slots while you just lost none or max 1 slot. Finish the rest after that.

To keep your #1 position, Keep an eye on the rest of the time because AI is suck :) sometimes i forgot to watch the timer too :(

Good luck
  • Use Lobot(L) Poggle 88 86 Geo
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Use Lobot(L) Poggle 88 86 Geo

Do you have that team? Any screenshot of your Lobot? I could consider getting him after Poggle to get some speed.
  • You can't have an effective droid team no matter who your 4th and 5th slots are filled by. They're simply too slow and too squishy to survive the initial bombardment. By the time Poe gets his taunt off you'll probably be down your 88 for sure and more than likely your 86 as well. Take Poe, don't take Poe, it's all the same in the end.

Maybe a Lobot lead team would get to move once before dying but without HK's leader ability you're missing out on so much DPS that it'd be giving up the only thing droids have going for them.

• Destroyer
    33 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    MLGebra wrote: »
    You can't have an effective droid team no matter who your 4th and 5th slots are filled by. They're simply too slow and too squishy to survive the initial bombardment. By the time Poe gets his taunt off you'll probably be down your 88 for sure and more than likely your 86 as well. Take Poe, don't take Poe, it's all the same in the end.

Maybe a Lobot lead team would get to move once before dying but without HK's leader ability you're missing out on so much DPS that it'd be giving up the only thing droids have going for them.

I dont have lobot yet, but my current team performs well enough. It is Poggle (L), HK, GS, IG 86 and IG 88. They all level 70, 7*, maxed gear and maxed abilities with team power 28157.

Droid synergy is slow, but with special ability from Poggle they will have speed and even more firepower. Poggle and droid make a good synergy for speed and dps, while Poggle and GS create another deadly dps synergy while their speed are already good enough.

With this team i have 2 assist attackers (GS and IG 86) and 2 AOE attackers (IG 88 and HK). those two pairs are reinforced by more firepower from Poggle which will last in 3 turns, enough for cleaning the enemy attackers and taunters.

The key in this very team is Poggle leadership, not HK. Once i have a maxed yoda, i will replace HK with Yoda. I perceive Yoda is a better candidate for this team than Lobot, so i will prioritize him.

P.S
    I perceive HK as the weak link in my team, that's why i will trade him.

• MLGebra wrote: »
    You can't have an effective droid team no matter who your 4th and 5th slots are filled by. They're simply too slow and too squishy to survive the initial bombardment. By the time Poe gets his taunt off you'll probably be down your 88 for sure and more than likely your 86 as well. Take Poe, don't take Poe, it's all the same in the end.
    With HK 47, Ig86, Ig88, QGJ and Geo Soldier you move all your droids between 149 and 137 speed.

• Triqui wrote: »
    With HK 47, Ig86, Ig88, QGJ and Geo Soldier you move all your droids between 149 and 137 speed.
    I think QGJ can only increase the speed of the jedi. Am i wrong?
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Reyia wrote: »
    Use Lobot(L) Poggle 88 86 Geo

Do you have that team? Any screenshot of your Lobot? I could consider getting him after Poggle to get some speed.

He's awesome with droids but he's a really hard farm, only 2 hard nodes.
    You can get Him to Gear 9 at current level cap (I'm 25 purple eyeballs away).
    His current max leader skill (lvl 6) gives droids +23 speed and +10% potency.

I'm going to run Lobot lead, 88, 86, HK and eventually Poggle but until I get him geared up, will use Poe. With Lobot +23 speed bonus plus Poggle +25% speed buff stacked, they'll really be moving:
    88 will run at 176
    86 will run at 174
    Hk will run at 150
    The important thing is that they survive the initial burst until Poggle gets his buff up.
    23i8pk1.png
    1yrh42.png

Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Destroyer wrote: »

I read a rumor he was going to get patched to say allies instead of Jedis.

I run HK47, IG86, IG88, Poe, and Daka. More speedster teams are pushing me back into the 30's daily, but I don't have too much problem climbing back up into the teens as long as I avoid Poe teams, which are getting more scarce. Adding a stun or heal/rez to the team gives Droids more staying power in exchange for risky ballistics.

I will agree tho, if HK47 is not the leader, then he's sub par. He has 2-4k base attack, a grenade that wildly debuffs, but he has 15k HP with 4k HP after he self rezzes. Too bad he doesn't taunt. He's Finn with a fantastic leadership ability
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Destroyer wrote: »

Yes, but he moves at 136 speed, calls an an assist. If the assist crits, gain turn meter and inmediately acts
  • My friend was late to the Poe game and just started using his 5* fully geared Poe in the last week with HK-47 (L), Poggle, IG-88 & IG-86. He had never been above rank 65 before this week but he reached rank 13 by adding Poe even after the nerf.
  • Poe + 88 is nuts. Droids is one of the places where Poe just clicks perfectly.
  • Triqui wrote: »

What he said it's a no brainer