3k crystals for nothing...

I just grabbed a mod out of the mod shop, first time in...well ever. Reason, I see peps in arena with 260 speed and know that I need speed secondaries like crazy because that is the only thing that matters in this game. So I buy it for 3k crystals because it is gold and has a speed secondary as the second attribute. I proceed to level it up to 15, and the speed is the only attribute that didn't roll... period. Bought it with 3 speed, it sits at level 15 with 3 speed.

For that, might has well hide the mod shop on my holotable because it is never, ever being used again. What a waste...terrible.
Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...

Replies

• Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    Ouch. What shape and what was the primary? Usually you'll want the starting speed secondary at 5 before even thinking about it and only buy it if it's credits instead of crystals.
  • Judging from how long you've played the game, at least from your forum account age, I think you should have known by now that you only need to bring it up to level 12 to see all the secondaries. Bringing the mod up to 15 is wasting extra credits on what is a potentially crap mod.
  • Nobody buys mods for crystals. Only credits, ever.
  • Gawejn
    1105 posts Member
    Really:)? I wouldnt ever think that anyone would buy mod for 3k crystals from mod shop. That is almost 200 mods from challanges.
  • At 3,6,9,12 a random stat will be selected for upgrade... sometimes the same one will get selected all 4 times... (what you wanted to happen with speed) sometimes one of the stats doesnt get selected at all ( what happened to you with the s
  • Xezee
    274 posts Member
    3k crystals is quite cheap lesson of how RNG works. Just get over it, at least you are smarter now.
    You could spend me 20k crystals on packs for instance and learn the same thing. 3k is fine, being completely serious.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Gawejn wrote: »
    Really:)? I wouldnt ever think that anyone would buy mod for 3k crystals from mod shop. That is almost 200 mods from challanges.

This. Guaranteed to get at least a few speed secondary mods from 3k worth of farming.
  • You should have spent your crystals on the vets instead.
    Since they were released on cantina battles, I have refreshed my cantina energy 3 times a day on the vets and poured all my resources into them.
    I still won't have them 7* when Rey is out, and I had to put mod farming on the side for this.

Anyway, point is: you will ALWAYS have buyer's remorse in this game for things related to crystals or real money, unless you spend A LOT (which, I admit, can also trigger buyer's remorse). Except energy refreshes and gear. Like everybody else, looks like you're learning the hard way.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Never ever spend crystals in the mod shop! Lesson learned :neutral:
  • Think I may need therapy to deal with a gambling problem then post my story on Reddit...
  • Winstar wrote: »
    Ouch. What shape and what was the primary? Usually you'll want the starting speed secondary at 5 before even thinking about it and only buy it if it's credits instead of crystals.

Diamond tenacity with defense primary

• well at least for real money you always see what you get.

its not the case with character packs and mods

however , for 3k crystals i’d try to open 3 packs of mods
    even that roulette has better chances :)

• Huatimus wrote: »
    Judging from how long you've played the game, at least from your forum account age, I think you should have known by now that you only need to bring it up to level 12 to see all the secondaries. Bringing the mod up to 15 is wasting extra credits on what is a potentially **** mod.

He wasted 3 thousand crystals, i doubt the extran 300k is what really bothered him
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    You bought a mod for 3k and now you are complaining about it? And a mod with 3 speed, not even 4 or 5? That's a very special kind of being "not smart". xD
    Everybody knows how rare it is to get a mod with speed over 15+. The prices there are nuts and totally not worth it. What did you expect? A higher probability because it was that expensive? :D
  • I did that once when I was desperate for speed secondaries, but it started with 5 speed. Didn't roll.

I'd never ever pay that much again to gamble on mods. This is definitely a game of gambling. I'm surprised anyone under the age of 18 is allowed to play it.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I usually have that kind of luck with speed secondaries. They refuse to increase. Defense always increases instead.
  • Sorry. That is a real bummer. You get something good and RNG ruins it.
  • B0untryHR7 wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Judging from how long you've played the game, at least from your forum account age, I think you should have known by now that you only need to bring it up to level 12 to see all the secondaries. Bringing the mod up to 15 is wasting extra credits on what is a potentially **** mod.

He wasted 3 thousand crystals, i doubt the extran 300k is what really bothered him

Like he said, he already learnt that spending 3k crystals on a mod is a waste. No point beating that dead horse. Learning an extra lesson on how to save credits while leveling mods is much more constructive.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    You know what was a waste? Spending 4500+ crystals on cantina refreshes only to find out that farming the vets to 7* by the time the event starts is impossible.
  • TIL OP
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • since mods became guaranteed to drop from mod challenges it's nerf to even think about buying mods from the mod shop unless it's for a reasonable amount of credits and a 4 speed arrow ;)
  • Remember kids this is totally not a form of gambling whatsoever :|
  • who the hell buys mods for 3k crystals :D
  • Never spend crystal for random things if you r not a whale. Only buy refresh, mats, character shards or fixed packs
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.

That is why you never buy mods for crystals, some of us learn that lesson the hard way.
  • I did that once when I was desperate for speed secondaries, but it started with 5 speed. Didn't roll.

I'd never ever pay that much again to gamble on mods. This is definitely a game of gambling. I'm surprised anyone under the age of 18 is allowed to play it.

THANK YOU! At least I know someone else gets it.