Mother Talzin Plague Bearer - Zeta - Feedback

I had originally submitted this as a bug - but maybe that was the wrong way to go about it. Currently "When any unit falls under half health, Talzin gains 35% turn meter." And so she acts like the Royal guard, a toon drops under half health, her ability activates TM - but if the unit is killed, nothing happens.
It's a bit of a sad wet kitten, because if a toon has 1001/2000 life and takes 999 damage it's fine, but if they take 1002 damage, then MT's Zeta is worthless.
giphy.gif
I also believe Senor Tophat (I think?!) in the NS podcast had brought up this Zeta specifically and how it played with the zombie dying a lot.
tumblr_lxx6y3zHD81qiz3j8o1_r1_500.gif
And the NS kit, as a whole, is set up around death, dying, and reviving. It's there thing.
star-wars-the-clone-wars-zombie-nightsisters.gif
Can we please change her Zeta so it's like Anakins -- "Falls below 50% or is defeated." I understand a lot of fine CLS users probably won't like it, but, as a Zeta on a new toon..... and with the damage Asajj dishes out, MT really needs the "or is defeated" clause added to her contract. Thank you!
mother-talzin-vs-droids-o.gif
@CG_Kozispoon - I gif'ed this one up -- just for you
giphy.gif
#AcolyteShootsTwice

Replies

• Imma bump myself...
    dog-agility-fail-head-bump-gif-animation.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • True man, LS GETS EVERYTHING... DS finally gets an update to NS and then it’s back to LS meta heavy everywhere. Raid HAN wasn’t made useful, they used the CLS model and made his OPness absolute absurdity. And guess what? LS is getting even more! 5 if 7 legendary toons are LS and 5 of 7 are unlocked by LS. You would think after the CLS LS heavy absolutely lopsided favoritism they would give the DS a bit longer than 15min but no, DS hasn’t got 15 min before they shoveled more LS on us. CG, is nobody stopping to take a tally of this stuff??? Do you guys care about balanced releases? Honestly, what gives?
  • Sir bumpus, of Bumpstania as arrived.
    tenor.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I agree, it's pretty anoying that you don't get TM when the enemy is defeated.
  • I actually just activated this ability this morning and I can see a definite increase in her effectiveness.

Based on my experience thus far: Plague is worthless, for the most part, against CLS/R2/Solo/Thrawn/5th Wheel. It wears off from the time it's applied to the next time an NS can take advantage of it since the **** face enemies get 39 turns between every one of yours. The most effective offense seems to rely much more on the death/revive perks.

On the other hand, I took out a GK/Barris team today (#2 on my shard) in about 1/2 the time. Just spread plague and hammer away at GK. Since the opposition is much more limited in damage compared to CLS the 1/2 way mark is hit more frequently therefore MT gets to fire off her basic more while draining the life out of everyone since the effect doesn't trigger crits/Barris.

I really want to zeta Asajj's lead and try them out swapping Acolyte for Talia. You'd have TM manipulation from Asajj, Talzin, and Talia.
  • Corruptor wrote: »
    She needs to be fixed. Her plague is broken as well. I'll have like 8 dots of plague on solo and then it will wear off when he starts his turn like ???? zMaul does it too. I know he has health steal when but when hes stunned by Daka and is the only one left and has 5 stacks of plague and then disappears to full hp when stun is worn off is ****.

It's okay if he heals. I've been seeing Kenobi, without Barris, remove plagues and he's still at 50% life or even less some times. There's a few bugs I've been posting about

This specific thread is because, based on the NS kit and Asajj's damage - we need Tazin's Zeta to be "Falls below 50% or is defeated." And, honestly, it's a much bigger deal for Raids. In Arena, even the amazing Asajj isn't killing too many toons in one hit - Raid han is about it.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I think this would be just a bit too much, especially on a team with a combo that is impossible to beat for some teams (Zombie and stealth NS). Every time a dead ally is revived to attack then dies again, she would gain TM. Every time the low-health Zombie is killed, she'd gain TM.

Not to mention that the Zeta is meant to mostly function from Plague stacks on enemies. Most of the time, you won't have enough Plague on someone to drop them from over 50% to dead, so you'll get a lot of TM from Plague.

Also one thing I thought of while writing this is that, if someone dropped below 50%, and was then killed, she'd gain TM twice.

I agree it's a bit of an awkward Zeta, but not every Zeta has to compete with Finn's and R2's in terms of usefulness.
  • Also one thing I thought of while writing this is that, if someone dropped below 50%, and was then killed, she'd gain TM twice.
    The 'Or is defeated while over 50% health' ? Agreed she should double tap it, absolutely.
    especially on a team with a combo that is impossible to beat for some teams
    I mean, I written a few times - there's been many comps that have been uneatable by certain teams. You've been on here long enough, Poe, #nerfrey, Wiggs, Chaze, CLS, people have been claiming teams OP and unbeatable but they've always had counters. This is a good thing.
    I agree it's a bit of an awkward Zeta, but not every Zeta has to compete with Finn's and R2's in terms of usefulness.
    Truly - it'd be better if it just said on death, like Asajj. They'd both get TM on a death. There wouldn't be this bizarre by-pass from too much damage, and there wouldn't be much of an issue then.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Also one thing I thought of while writing this is that, if someone dropped below 50%, and was then killed, she'd gain TM twice.
    The 'Or is defeated while over 50% health' ? Agreed she should double tap it, absolutely.
    especially on a team with a combo that is impossible to beat for some teams
    I mean, I written a few times - there's been many comps that have been uneatable by certain teams. You've been on here long enough, Poe, #nerfrey, Wiggs, Chaze, CLS, people have been claiming teams OP and unbeatable but they've always had counters. This is a good thing.
    Truly - it'd be better if it just said on death, like Asajj. They'd both get TM on a death. There wouldn't be this bizarre by-pass from too much damage, and there wouldn't be much of an issue then.

If it was just 'when a character dies, Talzin gains % TM' that would be fine. Fits in with a running theme of NS characters, doesn't go over the top. Just about okay.

No... she would only get the turn meter If:
    1) The enemy falls under 50% and remains alive.
    OR
    2) The enemy falls under 50% and dies.

The first of the two to happen should give 35% Turn meter to mother talzin.

Also it does not need to be stated as "Unit falls below 50% or gets defeated" it is obvious that if it was defeated his health reached 0% which is lower than 50% and should activate the turn meter gain.

I am enraged by this issue btw.
  • Balður
    39 posts Member
    Agreed 0 (zero), or less, is definitely below 50 - it is as simple as that.
    So, this need to be fixed so the claim isn’t a falsehood.
  • RacerDejak
    3203 posts Member
    Since talzin will farmable soon, she will be forgotten n nobody talk about this anymore :disappointed:

Anyway, i have her plague bearer zetaed :disappointed:
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Kazperian wrote: »
    Also one thing I thought of while writing this is that, if someone dropped below 50%, and was then killed, she'd gain TM twice.

No... she would only get the turn meter If:
    1) The enemy falls under 50% and remains alive.
    OR
    2) The enemy falls under 50% and dies.

Wrong. With the original suggested wording MT could gain TM twice instead of once as described by SpadeFreeman.

• JuliusSkywalker
    509 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    This content was deleted.
  • TVF
    36573 posts Member
    To many threads about this topic :p

So stop spamming them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH