New Rey

Prev134
PremierVenoth
2285 posts Member
edited December 2017
A little underwhelmed by her kit - in terms of the effort that's going to need to go into it. Sorry.

EDIT: link --> https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/148125/rey-jedi-training-strategy-guide#latest
#AcolyteShootsTwice

Replies

• So I just realized that in the opening of The Force Awakens during the scrolling dialog, Luke Skywalker is called the last Jedi... Spoiler?

Maybe this is why Rey is called "Jedi Training" and she is actually a balance of Light and Dark sides...
  • Don't think so hard. You have 8 days left until your answers.
  • Its not obvious from the english title, but in other languages you notice that jedi is plural.
  • Or this is just a placeholder until the movie comes out. Go watch the movie and find out for yourself.

This is not a spoiler.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Maybe Luke goes darkside
    Maybe Snoke is Mace
    Maybe Kylo goes lightside
    Maybe
    Maybe
    Maybe I'll go see the movie when it comes out and then I'll know all the answers until the next set of maybes come around.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    If she is called "Jedi Training" then is Luke really the last jedi? Should we get into the whole Jedi plural singular conversation?
  • Jedi in Training != Jedi

Yet.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dorianblade Discord: DorianBlade#6090 Ally: 547-174-177
  • Luke was called the last jedi by snoke in TFA. He says something on the lines of at last we have the map that will lead us to the last jedi
  • Just added it with our links to the other GameChangers' videos
  • "Rey (Jedi Training) is a tank character that is also able to deal powerful damage" she is an attacker that might be tanky but her kit is all about doing dmg...also way to take finn leader ability and buff it then stick it on her, so unique
  • Sames. Though this makes my decision whether or not to spend money getting her a lot easier.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Dandrethegiant
    111 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I agree. I’m not bothered that i’m going to miss the event anymore.
  • Mithos wrote: »
    "Rey (Jedi Training) is a tank character that is also able to deal powerful damage" she is an attacker that might be tanky but her kit is all about doing dmg...also way to take finn leader ability and buff it then stick it on her, so unique

Hey now. Chirrut is also a "balanced" attacker, not a cleanser/healer.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • It says it in the opening crawl of TFA
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Totes. If she were a marquee or something certainly, or whatever other bizarre 25 month farm time we've been getting recently... but to be like... on part with CLS, nah.
    She clearly lets resistance run defense in Arena, so, there's that.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Cad bane says hi.
    Tag: darkside, scoundrel, bountyhunter, support
    Description: high damage attacker with a powerful stun and bonuses against jedi characters.
  • It's just a label. She's a high damage tank or a tanky attacker. Or you could also say she's a high damage, tanky support character.

The only thing the label means is what benefits she could get from a GK-like leader ability or what challenges she can play in. No worries.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Cad bane says hi.
    Description: high damage attacker with a powerful stun and bonuses against jedi characters.

As Rey isn't a Jedi, Cad Bane is useless against her
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Cad bane says hi.

He was referring to Cad Bane being "support" while actually being a high damage attacker.
  • Ztyle wrote: »
    Cad bane says hi.

I think the point they were trying to make was that Cad Bane is labelled as support, but is described in game an attacker.
  • Sothe
    179 posts Member
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Cad bane says hi.

The point

You
  • Dear Jedi Training Rey,
    Congratulations on becoming a member of the Hyped Up Letdown Toons Hall of Fame.
    I look forward to seeing you at the induction ceremony December 15th.
    Regards,
    Ashoka Tano (Fulcrum)
    "Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • I think a toon should be able to taunt or else it is not a tank. Maybe they should make a "hard to kill" tag, or even "op"
  • Camakin wrote: »
    Dear Jedi Training Rey,
    Congratulations on becoming a member of the Hyped Up Letdown Toons Hall of Fame.
    Regards,
    Ashoka Tano (Fulcrum)

You felt that soul-destroying Fulcrum was a let down?
  • I don't know.... I think the second unique ability is going to be very frustrating to deal with. She also shows promising synergy with bb8 and Hermit Yoda
  • Fatzke
    705 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Oh no! She seems not that overpowerd. What a great disappointment!

I think it's great. No need for another p2w gamebreaking character.
  • Dretzle wrote: »
    Camakin wrote: »
    Dear Jedi Training Rey,
    Regards,
    Ashoka Tano (Fulcrum)

You felt that soul-destroying Fulcrum was a let down?

Apparently if I just said it. She's not behind the pay wall anymore and is rarely seen in the top 10 of arena.

"Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Weird, she is the most powerful being in Star Wars history yet her character in this game is not.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Un-removable heal block is a direct counter to CLS. That is her purpose. Much like R2 was the counter to Maul lead; New Rey is the counter to CLS, Barris, and Chirrut.
  • LennyKravist
    69 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Shoot First, Fracture. Problem solved. Throw a zFett in that squad to deal with pesky Chaze's.