We have an answer about Baze but not Sabine.

Prev1
Shredderaj
19 posts Member
edited December 2017
Basically what the title says. We have an official answer for guild event store but nothing for guild store regarding Sabine. I still want to know the second half of the question. Thanks
Post edited by ShaolinPunk on

Replies

• I'm pretty positive she was removed I just want a statement
  • Aaand another thread about it... Time for a merge.
  • MoBlaq
    580 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Fatzke wrote: »
    Aaand another thread about it... Time for a merge.

Megathreads are this forums version of a black hole...they swallow everything and nobody knows they are there...
  • Really not happy they took Baze out. Now I have to suffer 43 more shards from regular shipments. At least I got Sabine to 7 stars a while ago.
  • Can the mods let this get answered before they move this to the nether regions with the other posts. Sabine was in guild store and guild events store . Gone.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    How about including the answer about baze instead of saying you have one
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    Here's what was said.

CG_KozispoonCG_Kozispoon
    December 6 edited December 6
    Alright- this should be everything. Apologies for the wait!
    With the last update, we sent an inbox message that described the Guild Event store was being updated, but we failed to describe exactly what was being removed. I’ve provided the complete listing below:
    Guild Event Store
    Character Shards In:
    Wampa
    Stormtrooper
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Tie Fighter Pilot
    Snowtrooper
    Director Krennic
    Royal Guard
    General Veers
    Magmatrooper
    Gar Saxon
    Imperial Super Commando

Character Shards Out:
    Wedge Antilles
    Baze Malbus
    Chirrut Imwe
    Bodhi Rook
    Jyn Erso
    Pao

Ship Blueprints In:
    Geonosian Soldier’s Starfighter
    Geonosian Spy’s Starfighter
    Sun Fac’s Geonosian Starfighter
    First Order TIE Fighter
    Imperial TIE Fighter
    Gauntlet Starfighter
    Scimitar
    Ship Blueprints Out:
    - None

Gear In:
    MK 10 BlasTech Weapon Mod Component
    MK 10 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage
    MK 4 A/KT Stun Gun Salvage

Gear Out:
    MK 6 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage
    MK 4 Zaltin Becta Gel Salvage
    MK 9 BioTech Implant Salvage
    MK 4 Sienar Holo Projector Salvage
    MK 3 Zaltin Becta Gel Salvage
    MK 6 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage
    MK 6 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator Salvage
    MK 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage
    MK 5 Arakyd Droid Caller
    MK 5 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage
    MK 7 Nubian Security Scanner Salvage
    MK 6 Nubian Design Tech Salvage
    MK 5 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator Prototype Salvage

We realize the inbox messaging provided wasn’t entirely clear, and the details regarding feature got missed. Going forward, we will be sure to message changes to the store in advance of them occurring. Again, thank you for your patience and feedback in regards to this issue.
  • Sorta off topic....but why did they remove the only farming location for Jyn? What was the point? I am 320/330 on her, so this was really inconvenient. At least baze has a node.
  • @Swordd -- Jyn is still in the guild store, but moved to the 2nd to last row of toon cards on the right side.

this is different than the Guild Event Store mentioned in the post.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Shredderaj wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    Here's what was said.

CG_KozispoonCG_Kozispoon
    December 6 edited December 6
    Alright- this should be everything. Apologies for the wait!
    With the last update, we sent an inbox message that described the Guild Event store was being updated, but we failed to describe exactly what was being removed. I’ve provided the complete listing below:
    Guild Event Store
    Character Shards In:
    Wampa
    Stormtrooper
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Tie Fighter Pilot
    Snowtrooper
    Director Krennic
    Royal Guard
    General Veers
    Magmatrooper
    Gar Saxon
    Imperial Super Commando

Character Shards Out:
    Wedge Antilles
    Baze Malbus
    Chirrut Imwe
    Bodhi Rook
    Jyn Erso
    Pao

Ship Blueprints In:
    Geonosian Soldier’s Starfighter
    Geonosian Spy’s Starfighter
    Sun Fac’s Geonosian Starfighter
    First Order TIE Fighter
    Imperial TIE Fighter
    Gauntlet Starfighter
    Scimitar
    Ship Blueprints Out:
    - None

Gear In:
    MK 10 BlasTech Weapon Mod Component
    MK 10 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage
    MK 4 A/KT Stun Gun Salvage

Gear Out:
    MK 6 Arakyd Droid Caller Salvage
    MK 4 Zaltin Becta Gel Salvage
    MK 9 BioTech Implant Salvage
    MK 4 Sienar Holo Projector Salvage
    MK 3 Zaltin Becta Gel Salvage
    MK 6 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage
    MK 6 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator Salvage
    MK 11 BlasTech Weapon Mod Salvage
    MK 5 Arakyd Droid Caller
    MK 5 CEC Fusion Furnace Salvage
    MK 7 Nubian Security Scanner Salvage
    MK 6 Nubian Design Tech Salvage
    MK 5 Merr-Sonn Thermal Detonator Prototype Salvage

We realize the inbox messaging provided wasn’t entirely clear, and the details regarding feature got missed. Going forward, we will be sure to message changes to the store in advance of them occurring. Again, thank you for your patience and feedback in regards to this issue.

Thank you
  • So they took out Baze? That is so sad
  • Post from other thread specifically talks about GET (TB/TW) NOT the guild currency. Mod shouldn't have closed the other thread as a part of the question had been answered, not the whole question. Can't merge to a dead thread anyway I believe.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    CIKShock wrote: »
    Post from other thread specifically talks about GET (TB/TW) NOT the guild currency. Mod shouldn't have closed the other thread as a part of the question had been answered, not the whole question. Can't merge to a dead thread anyway I believe.

The other thread was closed because it was going off topic to the post.

And yes I can merge to a dead thread :wink:

I raised the flag with kozi yesterday, but as we all know she is just the voice, she doesn't always have the answer.
  • Most people spend crystals (and hence, money) on refreshes for hard battles and cantina. They simply realized this and then they took baze out of the shop. Shop purchases must be dropping, so (if you noticed) the shop is a mile long and you have to scroll for 2 hours to get to bronziums. Simple marketing. Low, not so clever marketing, but still simple.
  • I'm glad I finished Baze and Sabine 7* before this nerf. I'm sorry for those who haven't finished them.
  • Anyone else think that they should remove GW characters from hard nodes to put sabine on another hard node? Ewok scout would also be acceptable to remove
  • Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    Anyone else think that they should remove GW characters from hard nodes to put sabine on another hard node? Ewok scout would also be acceptable to remove
    No, she should be in GW store or arena shop or cantina shop just like a lot of other characters . It’s been too long and too few characters added to these shops and they are very stale because of it.
  • I'm glad I finished Baze and Sabine 7* before this nerf. I'm sorry for those who haven't finished them.

Thank you very much for your post. Very helpful.
  • I feel that the Arena Store, the GW store and 90% of the characters with 2 or more Cantina nodes all need reworks, with older less sought after toons like ugnaught and Lobot relegated to LS Battles normal Tier 1, 6 energy and you get one shard every other day guaranteed, bonus RoS Chewie shards on all major international holidays.
  • How hard is it really to just put out an updated list. We had to kick up a stink about Baze before a list was given to us. Now we kicking up a stink cause we need all updated lists of all changes.
  • here's the obligatory "it's your own fault you didn't farm them while they were in the store" comment
  • Sabine is gone for an unknown reason, answered and closed.
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    Well after reading @CG_NotReallyAJedi post on reddit it seems it is very intentional that they (CG/EA) does not tell us (players) things. It seems if we don't know we will be more engaged and checking the game frequently.

Note: this was not specifically about Sabine removal however it gives insight into why they seem to keep tight lipped about things showing up and going away

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7if8xr/galactic_war_report_episode_85_reys_journey_and/dqyyxgm/
    This is a great note and one that I wish I would have thought of when I was discussing the grind.

You're not wrong, and in a traditional space, this is really important in how we balance the player vs. progression. That said, mobile has turned a lot of things on their head, and that definitely includes player vs. progression. The BEHAVIORS of players on mobile--actual objective player behavior--show that humans engage with mobile games much, much differently than they do with console/PC/traditional games.

"HOW did player come to engage this way," and "WHY do they do this," are separate convos entirely, but they do. Which means we are constantly thinking about how we can deliver content progression to a player in a way that keeps them coming back to the game and makes them feel "happy" with the goal once they've achieved it. These goals also rotate, change, expire, and are--for lack of a better description--"living".

Our events (a la, Luke Skywalker's Hero's Journey) DO have a clear goal and a clearly communicated time window WHEN RUNNING. The crux of your statement is with the invisible window of time between when it leaves and when it returns.

Now I'm not trying to sell this to you as "Dude, it's good and you should be happy with it." I'm simply talking about WHY THIS WORKS. There are a couple of reasons why having certain events come-and-go on an invisible schedule appear to work:

Active Engagement: This is a big one. When players don't know when an event is going to return, they are very engaged with is when it is active. It provides a very clear, immediate, and direct call-to-action, and makes the completion/rewarding (if we've built the rewards correctly) very decisive. Now, that's contingent on the quality of the rewards and the value of the reward in the context of the game, but when it's right, it's delicious! When these things are on point, there is a clear, measurable, rate of active engagement that we see with these events vs. other events.

Reward Value: As I touched on above, if what we are offering you, in exchange for your commitment and patience, isn't "good enough", then few people engage with it, and everyone is mad. But what is "good enough"? Clearly, if I'm asking you to participate in something that comes-and-goes, and has some pretty stringent requirements, I HAVE to deliver a reward that makes players who have accomplished this, feel like their investment paid off in spades. Do we always nail this? No, but I think we've become pretty good at it.

Cognitive Relief: There is very much a point where players are cognitively overwhelmed with the amount of things to do in our game and the ability to be focused on what they want to pursue. Now, I FULLY understand that this method does not give complete autonomy to the player to pursue what they want WHEN they want, however, if we ran every Legendary, every Omega, and every Hero's Journey event simultaneously, and with no timer, there would be too much for players to focus on, with no clear call-to-action, and just a "checklist" of events to finish (e.g. clear the list of Events in the Event Window). Objectively speaking, it also diminishes the value of, and excitement around, these "special" events.

One of the things that early players seem to struggle with is the fact that they don't know what to do and when to do it by. Rotating these Events and content gives players clear focus and objectives that they can pursue without feeling like they're sacrificing something else (well, they are, but we try to keep that minimized as much as possible).

Now all of this is well and good, but your point about falling behind is really at the heart of this. If there was no loss of momentum via this invisible schedule, perhaps everything I stated above would be good and valid (which I believe it is). That said, mobile is a different beast, and right now--where "we" (the industry) are collectively, is in a place of learning and growing. The mobile industry is still young, and in the last 5 years we've seen so much growth in terms of Game Design for mobile.

ALL OF THIS to say, I'm sorry, I don't have a satisfying answer for you other than, "It works because players engage with it far more consistently than other methods tried." That does not mean we're stuck on this and things will never change. I can honestly say that in the past two years, we have constantly made changes and adjusted schedules, Design, events, packs, EVERYTHING, based on how our players engage with the game, and that won't stop.

Is there a solution?

Yes, I'm sure there is!

Do I know what it is that both: a) satisfies players, and b) keeps the game going?

No. Not yet.

But forward we go the best we can :)
  • ^ Yes that's all very nice, but where is Sabine now again?
  • The answers that we are getting recently about how they are running the game and how they plan to run things in the future is causing frustration to me. The purposeful attempts to slow the drop at the faucet is not encouraging me to play more. It is telling me that day to day doesn't matter cause months down the line I will probably be close to the same spot. Certain groups not being able to be run in certain aspects of the game for 6 months to a year is not a selling point to me. I might not be here in 6 months.

I have not reached the breaking point yet, but i find myself more and more not being overly concerned that I missed this or that from the game. Apathy from players is not good for growth.
  • I'm just eating up all the stun guns and stun cuffs all the stores have now. Yum.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Julmay wrote: »
    The answers that we are getting recently about how they are running the game and how they plan to run things in the future is causing frustration to me. The purposeful attempts to slow the drop at the faucet is not encouraging me to play more. It is telling me that day to day doesn't matter cause months down the line I will probably be close to the same spot. Certain groups not being able to be run in certain aspects of the game for 6 months to a year is not a selling point to me. I might not be here in 6 months.

I have not reached the breaking point yet, but i find myself more and more not being overly concerned that I missed this or that from the game. Apathy from players is not good for growth.

I prefer the game the way it is now: a slow burn. If they threw tons of stuff at us all at one time, it wouldn’t feel special, and the game would quickly get old.
  • They shouldn't have taken baze out, and they should've added shoretrooper. ****
  • nxv
    49 posts Member
    DatBoi wrote: »
    I prefer the game the way it is now: a slow burn. If they threw tons of stuff at us all at one time, it wouldn’t feel special, and the game would quickly get old.

I find it to be overwhelming to be honest. I feel exactly as if we've got too much to work for. I'm struggling to upgrade my arena rebels, farm FO, farm resistance and vets, farm ships, and farm gear and mods all at the same time. I don't have enough energy at the end of the day after refreshing to farm baze or shoretrooper and I sure as hell would love to get them but the grind is too long.

It's too bad they removed baze from the store and hopefully we get info about Sabine too. I was buying her shards for phantom 2. She's the only Phoenix member to change...