TB Deactivation After 3*

Prev1
Why does TB deactivate deploys and combat missions after 3*? We like to gauge participation and overall performance in TB and now we can't do that. What is the specific benefit of this new feature that I am missing?

Replies

• There is no benefit to the mandatory lock at three stars, it is literally the one item most requested NOT to be implemented , and yet here we are.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    It certainly kills the incentive to participate.

They should have added a lock option for specific battles available only to officers.
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    It certainly kills the incentive to participate.

They should have added a lock option for specific battles available only to officers.

Exactly
  • this is the worst! idea ever! make it smart for officers to block on p2+ phases but remove mandatory block after reaching 3*! have I race myself with guildemates for getting GP earned?! Come on!
    Ally Code: 916 394 561
  • FredsFatties
    125 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    There is no benefit to the mandatory lock at three stars, it is literally the one item most requested NOT to be implemented , and yet here we are.

Of course there is a benefit to it, <kitten snipped>.

There are 2 specific benefits.

1) it helps with the “time sink” that this game is fast becoming, for officers of guilds particularly. Once a Sector has been 3* there is literally no point in fighting on as it were, from a guild point of view.

2) for less well organised guilds it helps stop “Mis-deployments” and potentially missing out on stars in other sectors.

As an aside, I don’t see folks asking to be able to re-kill the Rancor once it’s dead, this is really the same thing. Once you’ve put 3* in a Sector it is essentially deadIf you’re thing is being top of the leaderboard then just like in a raid the key is getting in there early. If you can’t get in there early that’s unfortunate. But at the minute there isn’t a solution to that. Sure there will be in time though.

While we are at it. Devs can you let me carry on filling up the platoons once they are 15/15? I’d don’t think it’s fair that the first 15-20 members into TB get to help the guild out by platooning and I don’t. Said no one. Ever.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • JohnJohn
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I’m a Officer and I can’t state how incredibly annoying this is... Our Guild has 89M GP, and we only had 35 participants with over 600K score contributed. CG, please fix this.. Guild Leaders/Officers need ro have somthing to work toward.. this is NOT it.
    Get your kitten together CG, honestly.
    Post edited by Ambassador on
  • I think guilds should start implementing a 0/24 rule for territory battles, so everyone can get GP!
  • I'm going to say this again, we need a 0 for 24 rule so everyone can get the points that have no bearing on what rewards you recieve. It's a good compromise!
  • I'm going to say this again, we need a 0 for 24 rule so everyone can get the points that have no bearing on what rewards you recieve. It's a good compromise!

That is what I suspect some of the higher level guilds are doing , however all in all, that makes more work and creates more time used by every member, now you have to log in once to play, then wait until whenever to log in again to deploy to hit the star cap, not really an efficient way to do it, and since the phases are 24 hours and you can't delay a phase, a 0/24 rule would not work well n practice with TB
  • Topersky
    32 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Make this lock able to be removed by officers!
    Ally Code: 916 394 561
  • I do think it is backwards. The locks given to guild leaders and officers can be ignored, but this one is mandatory. It really needs to be reversed.
  • Floogyman
    94 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Who cares about GP? If an area is done, it's done. Do the special mission and move on with life. You get nothing extra by overdeploying except e-peen satidfaction and if that boosts your pride in any way, you need to see a psychologist and work on your self-esteem.
  • Floogyman wrote: »
    Who cares about GP? If an area is done, it's done. Do the special mission and move on with life. You get nothing extra by overdeploying except e-peen satidfaction and if that boosts your pride in any way, you need to see a psychologist and work on your self-esteem.

Well, guilds that monitor activity care. And that's literally every good or high end guild.
  • The whole point of wanting to be able to lock sections was to be able to lock a section at 1 star or 2 star if you know your guild cant get that next star in that section and you want everyone to focus the other section.. Locking at 3 stars does not accomplish this in anyway and thus is useless.
  • Topersky wrote: »
    Make this lock able to be removed by officers!

Bingo.. this is it. KEEP the territory autolock at 3*s but give officers the option to re-open it.

These additional battles have no significance BUT they could be used to test different squad configurations which can be very helpful.

Keep Auto Lock but give us the tool to override it
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Special missions will ALWAYS be available, 3* locked or not. There is no excuse to not have participation from your members even if they’re late to the party. It might be disappointing not being able to participate to your fullest contribution, but TB is not competitive like raids. They’re cooperative. If it gets done, it gets done - doesn’t matter who did it.

The 3* lock serves as a unction to avoid overflow mistakes. You want to do the combat missions for fun, well those characters’ of your combat team could be deployed at the other location to help get to the next star. The only request I see that makes sense is the one to unlock them all once all active territories have been 3*d. At that point, overflow doesn’t matter, but it sounds like a coding nightmare. I’m not very tech savvy, though.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Grizz331
    55 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Fauztin wrote: »
    The 3* lock serves as a unction to avoid overflow mistakes.

But we never asked for it. Officers (now) have appropriate tools to command the strategy.

The problem with it is that it creates a demotivating environment for participation in TB. People are less likely to participate now, simply not be able to participate, or could wait out the round to 3* so they have an excuse not to participate. People are now more likely to carry this apathy into later rounds that matter and forget to participate.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Grizz331 wrote: »

But we never asked for it. Officers (now) have appropriate tools to command the strategy.

The problem with it is that it creates a demotivating environment for participation in TB. People are less likely to participate now, simply not be able to participate, or could wait out the round to 3* so they have an excuse not to participate. People are now more likely to carry this apathy into later rounds that matter and forget to participate.

You and your guild (and others) may not have, but a large number of members on the forum did. In the update announcement when it was implemented, they mentioned that it was one of the most commonly asked feedback requests as explanation for making the change.

If members become disinterested in participating because of it, they still have the option to log in once for the special Mission and let the rest 3* from other members. If later when they’re needed and don’t contribute, then the point is moot anyways - that’s more of an internal activity issue rather than a game mechanic defect.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • +1000 - I don't understand why this was implemented and I've been locked out of participating in a bunch of DSTB and now a LSTB and felt the need to rush to get in on the p2 of LSTB. Please change this back ASAP. There's no practical reason to limit the battles from a player or officer level. We built our rosters to PLAY the Territory Battles, not to be locked out once 3* achieved. Thank you.
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    Grizz331 wrote: »

You and your guild (and others) may not have, but a large number of members on the forum did. In the update announcement when it was implemented, they mentioned that it was one of the most commonly asked feedback requests as explanation for making the change.

If members become disinterested in participating because of it, they still have the option to log in once for the special Mission and let the rest 3* from other members. If later when they’re needed and don’t contribute, then the point is moot anyways - that’s more of an internal activity issue rather than a game mechanic defect.

There are quite a few threads open about this, and it appears that the majority of commentators hate it. Take this thread for example, I think 2 for it 10 or so against it?
  • Experienced this again today on main and alt account - this needs to change - still not sure why locking out people from battling/playing the game was thought of as a good idea - regardless, please change it back @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Carrie - thank you!!
  • Nope this is what people asked for. It was constant complaints about time sink in the tb and "as a guild leader or officers trying to get people to play the why we want it to much time blah blah ". So now u don't have that time to sink cause it locks after reaching three stars ha ha ha. Really dev u need to change this but make them wait a long time for complaining about stuff that wasn't a real issue.
  • Nope this is what people asked for. It was constant complaints about time sink in the tb and "as a guild leader or officers trying to get people to play the why we want it to much time blah blah ". So now u don't have that time to sink cause it locks after reaching three stars ha ha ha. Really dev u need to change this but make them wait a long time for complaining about stuff that wasn't a real issue.

I think your off on what was asked for as well as what was desired to improve the time sink issue, a three star lock DOES NOTHNG TO HELP SAVE ANY TIME, that is the point , and it seems most folks that want to argue about it so not see that a three star lock is not helpful at all.
  • It decreased time playing the tb just not in the way u wanted. Ever heard the phrase be careful what u wish for? It is also a good thing for those who have other things to do they have time now that u have three starred the phase. I wasn't off it just wasn't what u expected it does save time ONce u three starred the phase other players don't have to play thus saving time ha ha simple concept really.
  • It decreased time playing the tb just not in the way u wanted. Ever heard the phrase be careful what u wish for? It is also a good thing for those who have other things to do they have time now that u have three starred the phase. I wasn't off it just wasn't what u expected it does save time ONce u three starred the phase other players don't have to play thus saving time ha ha simple concept really.

Haha, nice try but that is completely skipping the point here. While you are correct to a very small degree, this has never been the issue with a MANDATORY three star lock. Look at the threads about it, READ them, it has been gone over fairly well already. And I will reiterate, we DID NOT ASK FOR THIS MANDATORY LOCK.
  • To add to GhostTruckin's points, IMHO, its irrelevant whether or not people asked for this, fact is, it's not helping the time sink, and it's only hurting those who get locked out and want to play (many of us have spent much time, effort, and $ to build rosters to point of playing these battles effectively - why would we want to then just get locked out?) - Dev's - please change this back ASAP. Why limit game play that you created for those who want to play it?! For those that don't want to play TB once 3*'s achieved, then just don't - problem solved.
  • To add to GhostTruckin's points, IMHO, its irrelevant whether or not people asked for this, fact is, it's not helping the time sink, and it's only hurting those who get locked out and want to play (many of us have spent much time, effort, and $ to build rosters to point of playing these battles effectively - why would we want to then just get locked out?) - Dev's - please change this back ASAP. Why limit game play that you created for those who want to play it?! For those that don't want to play TB once 3*'s achieved, then just don't - problem solved.

^ this guy gets it
  • Thx! Any movement on this issue?
  • Thx! Any movement on this issue?

Sadly no, it seems like it's a see no evil kinda situation
  • Yea. I think tb should allow for people to so combat and deploy still when it's all 3 stars reached. Or have option for rogue action