Help with arena team

bettakenobi
3 posts Member
edited December 2017
I keep getting destroyed by every other team out there and its a struggle to stay below 1000
https://swgoh.gg/u/bettakenobi/ any advice will come in handy, thanks in advance
I run EP(L), vader, tarkin,TFP, and RG

Replies

• Options
    You need too start farming 5 dot mods with what you got you can 3* health mods at least mods is what makes arena teams I can't see who yiur arena team is so I'm guessing it empire based woth vader tarkin etc..

I suggest changing it up abit with something along the lines of Rex lead old ben r2 leia and Farmborough luke.

But spend about a month too actually focus mods trust me it's worth it especially if you get good speed secondarys
  • Options
    I've personally had very good luck with strictly health mods, I know, I know it isn't the best but if you can't damage them enough... make it a challenge to be beat within the time frame ( Heals and Taunt heavily help) my personal opinion... not the best but does work enough to keep below 1000
  • Mobewan
    702 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Dont worry about what type of mods you have. Health mods are perfectly fine even in mid-level arena. Just make sure you get speed secondaries before upgrading most mods.

And it doesnt really help to unlock alot of characters, what you need to do is focus on your arena characters and build them up following a solid strategy.

Sadly, i dont think your empire team will take you very far, even at max gear.

Other than Commander Luke teams or nightsister teams, Rex lead is quite good but you would really need darth nihilis, thrawn and or raid han for this. Your last option in my opinion to do well in arena is wedge led rebels. In all of these teams (rex and wedge) you need r2 and a tank (your old ben is my choice).

Also keep in mind that even these light side teams can get you much higher in rankings, you will struggle in arena until you get general kenobi or chirrut and baze.
  • Options
    Mobewan wrote: »
    Dont worry about what type of mods you have. Health mods are perfectly fine even in mid-level arena. Just make sure you get speed secondaries before upgrading most mods.

And it doesnt really help to unlock alot of characters, what you need to do is focus on your arena characters and build them up following a solid strategy.

Sadly, i dont think your empire team will take you very far, even at max gear.

Other than Commander Luke teams or nightsister teams, Rex lead is quite good but you would really need darth nihilis, thrawn and or raid han for this. Your last option in my opinion to do well in arena is wedge led rebels. In all of these teams (rex and wedge) you need r2 and a tank (your old ben is my choice).

Also keep in mind that even these light side teams can get you much higher in rankings, you will struggle in arena until you get general kenobi or chirrut and baze.

Thanks for the advice unlocking wedge was definitely part of my next step, since rebels seem to dominate arena.
  • Options
    You need to get a scoundrel team to complete credit heist as well, if not you will get a credit shortage, make sure u can unlock all the "meta" toons for the long run. CLS/R2/THRAWN/DN/GK/Raid Han

I see you are very new so my best advice would be just to have fun, you will stack up on toons along the way.
  • Options
    Your arena rank might be more steady with a Talzin lead Nightsister squad. It would take a bit of gear, but it can beat the meta. If not, you need to farm Phoenix to get Thrawn. The Phoenix can also beat most of the Light Side Battles 3*
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    As people already suggested, you need to work on your mods. Put max speed on TFP. He needs to put his AoE buff immunity up before the enemy can put tenacity up with Chirrut or Yoda (Rex dispels first, so you cannot prevent his T.U. other than by stunning him.