Doing the Arena 6PM dance.

Anraeth
536 posts Member
edited February 2016
Doing the 6PM dance. I typically start at 5, usually I get to spot 4~2 than wait, never 1 (too high of a target). Than check back every 10 minutes to make sure no one kicked me out. How do you guys do yours?

Replies

• Zen
    126 posts Member
    Options
    Do my first three early on to cement my position in the range I want to be, then at 5:30 push myself over the line with the last two
  • Anraeth
    536 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Zen wrote: »
    Do my first three early on to cement my position in the range I want to be, then at 5:30 push myself over the line with the last two

Ah, interesting. I usually get to the top 3 spots except spot one, check back. Than at exactly at 5:53 or :54 since I left the arena page up it hasn't updated use my last chance to potentially snipe 1 if someone didn't beat me to it.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    start at 5:20 and attack every 10 minutes, unless i'm driving home
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    It depends on where I start out at. I'll slowly build back up during the day, hanging around 8-12 till 5ish. Then push forward. I was at #2 at 5 mins till but couldn't get #1 due to them actually being online and saving their spot. I managed to get into a battle to hold my #2 spot. Took an extra 50 gems but it saved me from a #6 finish. So spending 50 to get an extra 200 is a good investment. Plus the extra currency and credits didn't hurt.
  • Options
    My server is notorious for waiting the full five minutes, so I hardly get to touch the number one spot much. Typically end up at number 2, as I did again. Not like #2 is bad. lol
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    yay
    eOQuSRZ.jpg
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Anraeth wrote: »
    Congratulations!

thanks! grats on #2! i honestly wish there wasn't such a dependency on sniping...but this is how the arena system is set up and the weekends are basically my only shot at rank 1, so i'll take it haha
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I'm lucky my server isn't very aggressive. I usually spend 3-4 getting to top 10 then at 5:53 do my last attack to my finish spot. I always try to get as high as I can garuntee. I would rather attack third for a definite win then try for first and lose.

It helps not too many people attack the last 15 min and I don't drop farther than low teens until mid afternoon.
  • Options
    I'm happy for you guys.

6 pm is when I finish work. Unfortunately, I'm prepping to go drinking and not really paying attention to a video game. Good on you.
  • Options
    I'm happy for you guys.

6 pm is when I finish work. Unfortunately, I'm prepping to go drinking and not really paying attention to a video game. Good on you.

Shame, that must really suck. Miss out on the arena to prep for a nyt of drinking. Dam! How do you live with yourself?
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    Today I was busy browsing and replying to threads here and missed the 6pm deadline! Lost 50 crystals because I didn't get my usual rank 2 spot in my main :(

Luckily for my alt I maintained 1 and received that reward in my inbox when I went to check.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Snagged #1 at the last second today. By the time I got out of the victory screen my rewards were in the box