Mythic Event [MERGE]

Replies

• If you have decent gear, just keep resetting until you get lucky.
  • Carth_Onassi1973
    1704 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    I just beat it and yes, it’s really 100% rng. Used Finn, poe, RT, R2 and BB8 (obviously).

EDIT: actually I shouldn’t say “100%” rng. My characters were geared to 11 except BB8 and their mods helped them withstand the first salvo of attacks. But A LOT of RNG , hahaha.
    Post edited by Carth_Onassi1973 on
  • Thank you for that.
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    Fik wrote: »
    KenLi wrote: »
    Each tier is different. What was good enough in the others has no bearing on tier 3

Again, the pre-loaded TM is complete ****.

There is no other way how to make it challenging against resistance team. If resistance gets to go first then that's it.. no challenge.. So preloading TM for the other team is the solution here. If you have high enough gear(G11+) your team survives the initial salvo(after several tries for good rng) and then you can take control of the battle.

The same negation of Resistance advantage could have been accomplished with enhanced tenacity, over having the player get wailed on, until the AI gets bored. But, that’s my opinion.

Then your thread would be about "Why can't I land any expose when I have XX potency on my toons. Not fair!!!". This is just the solution they chose. People with high gear can beat it. I didn't beat it either. I'm too low gear on my resistance as well(finn, poe G10, r2z2 G12, bb8 G9 and trooper G8).
  • Speed is ‘less’ relevant here.

It’s meant to hard. Resistance mechanics dictate that if they go first, they will likely steamroll the other team, so they tailored the event to the limited game mechanics.
  • Fik wrote: »
    Fik wrote: »
    Each tier is different. What was good enough in the others has no bearing on tier 3

There is no other way how to make it challenging against resistance team. If resistance gets to go first then that's it.. no challenge.. So preloading TM for the other team is the solution here. If you have high enough gear(G11+) your team survives the initial salvo(after several tries for good rng) and then you can take control of the battle.

The same negation of Resistance advantage could have been accomplished with enhanced tenacity, over having the player get wailed on, until the AI gets bored. But, that’s my opinion.

Then your thread would be about "Why can't I land any expose when I have XX potency on my toons. Not fair!!!". This is just the solution they chose. People with high gear can beat it. I didn't beat it either. I'm too low gear on my resistance as well(finn, poe G10, r2z2 G12, bb8 G9 and trooper G8).

Not true. I’d be fine with it, because I’d at least be able to get some hits in. But, I’ve said my piece.
  • I hope everyone gets good RNG on their mod drops with SPEED secondaries. Just careful not to post it. Don't want the speed police cracking down on you within the forums lol
  • CuzzoCuhnobi
    205 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Speed is ‘less’ relevant here.

It’s meant to hard. Resistance mechanics dictate that if they go first, they will likely steamroll the other team, so they tailored the event to the limited game mechanics.

Yes that is true, however, I think that if you are too slow you may not ever get a turn lol..They really start running wild on you in the beginning. It's too bad the first order you get to play with isn't like this and actually viable on a higher level.
  • Ulon
    35 posts Member
    Not everybody has finn zeta
  • +1
  • Ulon wrote: »

End game players likely will; this is aimed at them.
  • It was easier than the first tier. Able to 3* first try.
  • Some poeple got 1 hour timer and some got 24 hours timer .... Is it a bug ?
  • I hope everyone gets good RNG on their mod drops with SPEED secondaries. Just careful not to post it. Don't want the speed police cracking down on you within the forums lol

Angry little man
  • +1, OP.

I would have done the event for fun if there were no rewards. But I ended up getting one of my best Triangle mods with a 14 speed secondary and protection primary. Pretty sweet!
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • The game is laced with irony. Biggs and Wedge being the go to guys for ground wars in Arena when they are pilots. Emperor Palpatine pretty much being acknowledged by lore to be the baddest Sith ever is a push over. The iconic villain of the big screen and still top 10 baddies of all time, Darth Vader, is weak with a poor build and his Tie is terrible even though he is the best pilot in the franchise. Gen Grev in Raid is awesome and players get a watered down version to play. Holo table or not there are things within the franchise that should not be messed with. I hope reworks for all the characters is in the mix soon to make every character useful, otherwise I have a whole shelf of Shaman and Paladins with no raid utility and zero reason to ever open or gear them.

Don't agree that Tie Advanced is terrible - its easily one of the best ships available.

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Agree. I got slaughtered for the first time in a long time, and it was quite refreshing.

Not everybody is untitled to finish this event :)

Resistance is one of the easiest team to get and only needs one zeta, not so end game if you want my two cents. But a zeta'ed Finn won't help you since FO are playing alone, getting extra turns before you can even move with a 250 speed toon.

This is overtuned cause Resistance would beat FO to the ground otherwise, what CG doesn't seem to know is that FO with that much TM and speed are only creating TM loops while they get rid of yours - So you basically don't play.

A game where player can't play, what a great idea ! i wonder why they didn't think of that earlier...
  • TurgonGW wrote: »
    The game is laced with irony. Biggs and Wedge being the go to guys for ground wars in Arena when they are pilots. Emperor Palpatine pretty much being acknowledged by lore to be the baddest Sith ever is a push over. The iconic villain of the big screen and still top 10 baddies of all time, Darth Vader, is weak with a poor build and his Tie is terrible even though he is the best pilot in the franchise. Gen Grev in Raid is awesome and players get a watered down version to play. Holo table or not there are things within the franchise that should not be messed with. I hope reworks for all the characters is in the mix soon to make every character useful, otherwise I have a whole shelf of Shaman and Paladins with no raid utility and zero reason to ever open or gear them.

Don't agree that Tie Advanced is terrible - its easily one of the best ships available.

Yeah I was gonna say that too. Love my Tie Advanced.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • It’s just so satisfying to have TL across the board and wipe half the enemy team away with 5’s Ship.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • I have ZFinn at Gear XI, BB-8 at Gear XII, Rey at gear XI, R2-D2 with two zetas (!!) at gear XII and I can't beat this.
  • Daemoe wrote: »
    I have ZFinn at Gear XI, BB-8 at Gear XII, Rey at gear XI, R2-D2 with two zetas (!!) at gear XII and I can't beat this.

Try to play with a full team then
  • I liked it because it wasn't ... click on battle ... click on auto ... profit.
  • Daemoe wrote: »
    I have ZFinn at Gear XI, BB-8 at Gear XII, Rey at gear XI, R2-D2 with two zetas (!!) at gear XII and I can't beat this.

No surprise there. You need exposes to win. That team isn't set up to get a chain of exposes going.
  • Trollsbane
    109 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    So you can look up profiles. Good for you. Didn’t notice the 244 speed mods on Poe? The 220 speed mods on zFinn? The 220 speed mods I had on Rey? The mods I had on Trooper? Wasn’t looking to 3-Star it. But, when a 244 speed character DOESN’T GET A MOVE, that doesn’t equate to fair. Especially when the other tiers are more than fair. Link your profile to someone who cares about you getting to stroke your e-peen.

I didn't need to look at your mods. I could already tell by your gear that not a single one of your Resistance meets the recommended gear level for this event that you called garbage, a joke, not remotely fair. You even made a 2nd post to tell everyone you are not happy. Do you know why I looked up your profile? Because I played the event myself and your posts sounded completely wrong. I suspected there was more to this story and guess what? You left out the part about your squad being undergeared. Your BB8 isn't even high enough gear level to have protection! Why you would come on the forums and cry about it is beyond me.

I'll post my profile again so you can see what a squad that meets the recommended gear level looks like. Also, gotta stroke my enormous e-peen!

https://swgoh.gg/u/trollsbane/
  • I am sure this didn't happen. No need for investigation!
  • Snooze135 wrote: »

If the tm was not pre loaded this would have been the easiest event in the world because our resistance squads would have walked right through them without them getting a turn.... That was not the point of the event and it is supposed to be very hard. If you have the recommended gear levels it puts your key toons at a critical health point and you have to make good moves to salvage the win.

Great point

Resistance is one of the easiest team to get and only needs one zeta, not so end game if you want my two cents. But a zeta'ed Finn won't help you since FO are playing alone, getting extra turns before you can even move with a 250 speed toon.

This is overtuned cause Resistance would beat FO to the ground otherwise, what CG doesn't seem to know is that FO with that much TM and speed are only creating TM loops while they get rid of yours - So you basically don't play.

A game where player can't play, what a great idea ! i wonder why they didn't think of that earlier...

End game players will have zeta Finn for a long time. This just happens to be the first event like this, to tie in with pay to Rey.
    I’m quoting the people who created the event, saying this final tier is for end game.

It annoyed me at first, but after retreating a few times I beat it. I don’t have a particularly anazing resistance team and it’s not like there’s any real skill involved, so if I can do it, so can others.
  • Agree with the general sentiment here. It’s a battle that’s solely decided with rng.

You have to hope that RT survives the initial onslaught so he can remove the taunt on fost.

I had Poe at 247 speed did no good. I switched it out and got him to 90% potency since speed didn’t matter and he didn’t land a single expose on his eventual turn despite tenacity down being on 2 of them.

All resistance g11

Very frustrating
This discussion has been closed.