New player help

Hey guys, reading many guides and all say to focus in different places. By looking at what I have where do you think I should focus?

https://swgoh.gg/u/sisky/collection/

Cheers!

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    You need scoundrels for credit heist. You will want to have a full team of at least. 4* scoundrels ASAP. Rebels are needed to unlock Palpatine and specific rebels unlock CLS. Empire are used to unlock R2D2. Jedi are used for GM Yoda.

Continue with Lando in cantina battles. He's a great rebel and scoundrel for credit heist and arena. After him go for TFP (R2D2 and great ship), Wedge (rebel, arena and not a bad ship) and Old Ben (CLS), Ezra (Phoenix and jefi) and Hera (Phoenix).

In arena shop go for ST Han first (rebel and scoundrel, arena and CLS) and secondly either Leia (rebel and CLS) or Tarkin. Tarkin is the best fleet commander at your stage and also good for unlocking R2D2. Leia is a great rebel and required for CLS.

In cantina shop start with Boba (scoundrel and arena) followed by either QGJ, Daka, FOO (Rancor and BB8) or the Phoenix droid.

In GW shop start with Biggs (rebel, arena and a must—have ship). Then either Teebo (Rancor raids), magma trooper (R2D2) or ships. Or Seb (Phoenix).

In hard nodes make sure to farm the following every day:
    Biggs (rebel, arena and ship)
    RG (R2D2 and ok midgame)
    Daka
    FOTP (great ship)
    Mace Windu (jedi and alternative capital ship)
    Jedi counsular (jedi and ok ship)
    Farm boy luke (only 1 node. Used for CLS)
    Sabine (Phoenix)
    .... possibly others, whom I forgot.

There are several options in guild shop:
    Rey, luke, Old Ben and also toons that are available nowhere else.

Some people suggest to farm Phoenix from square one, but that won't give you the scoundrels for credit heisst. Yes, I might be a bit old school. (Phoenix unlock Thrawn).
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    That was a solid walkthrough on essentials needed for steady progression as a new player. I’ll just add a tree-branch that you mentioned in different parts.

GM Yoda: requires Jedi toons
    - Mace (arena shipments, Priority after ST Han/Leia)
    - Luminara (hard mode farms)
    - QGJ (Cantina Shipments, Priority after boba)
    - Barriss (hard mode farms)
    - Other random Jedi, even consular

Emp Palp: requires Rebels (necessary for R2 legendary event)
    - ST Han (arena shipments)
    - Wedge (leader, Cantina node farm)
    - Biggs (galactic war shipments)
    - Ackbar (arena shipments, also a Capital Ship commander)
    - Leia (arena shipments)
    - Phoenix Squad (see below)
    - K2-SO helped me a lot (GW Shipments)

Thrawn: requires Phoenix squadron (necessary for R2 legendary event)
    - Hera (Cantina node farm)
    - Ezra (Cantina node, fleet shipments)
    - Zeb (Galactic War)
    - Chopper (Cantina Shipments)
    - Kanan (arena shipments)
    - Sabine (hard node farm)
    * use chopper instead of Sabine for this event. I see all other team comps for general gameplay use Sabine, but she is a LONG farm. 1 node.

R2-D2: requires Empire (necessary for Commander Luke Hero’s Journey)
    - emp palp (leader, earned from legendary event)
    - Thrawn (earned from legendary event
    - Vader (achievements, fleet shipments, PRIORITY whenever you see him)
    - Royal Guard (Hard node farm)
    - TFP (Cantina node farm)
    - Tarkin optional (arena shipments, good Capital Ship commander at your level)

BB-8: requires First Order
    - captain phasma (leader, galactic war shipments)
    - Kyle Ren (Cantina node farm)
    - first Order Officer (Cantina Shipments)
    - FO tie pilot (hard node farm)
    - FO Stormtrooper (hard node farm)

Luke Hero’s Journey:
    - ST Han (arena shipments)
    - Leia (arena shipments)
    - Farm boy Luke (Cantina node farm, 1 hard node farm)
    - R2 (from legendary event)
    - Old Ben (Cantina node farm)

Rey’s Hero’s Journey:
    - Rey (hard node farm, daily login reward this month)
    - Finn (hard node farm, Cantina node farm)
    - BB-8 (from legendary event)
    - Veteran Smuggler Han (Cantina node farm)
    - Veteran Smuggler Chewie (Cantina node farm)
    * VSs are high-end Cantina farms
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Thanks for your detailed responses guys! Finally have some clarity!
  • Sisky wrote: »
    Thanks for your detailed responses guys! Finally have some clarity!

Good luck, and may the Force be with you!

*after-thought: Waqui mentioned magma Trooper for the R2 event, and he has great turn meter reduction, but Tier 7 of that event has the enemies become immune to turnmeter reduction. Just something to keep in mind once you get there

*after-after-thought: @Waqui helped me with a lot of tips and tricks to this game lol, I didn’t read the username until now.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Waqui wrote: »
    In hard nodes make sure to farm the following every day:
    Biggs (rebel, arena and ship)
    RG (R2D2 and ok midgame)
    Daka
    FOTP (great ship)
    Mace Windu (jedi and alternative capital ship)
    Jedi counsular (jedi and ok ship)
    Farm boy luke (only 1 node. Used for CLS)
    Sabine (Phoenix)
    .... possibly others, whom I forgot.

Well if I may counter: do NOT farm all those hard nodes listed above every day. That suggestion is madness: not only are half those toons no top priority (Mace and Daka ffs, and Sabine when not farming Phoenix ?!), this will make it impossible to gear up your toons since you need to farm nodes that give you the gear you need.

What much of the guides or listings of toons to farm fail te address is priority: do NOT farm everything at once. Focus on arena team and/or fleet arena team (depending on where you are in your shard) first and foremost. That means maxing gear, levels and stars - in that order (!).

If your arena team covers fleet arena (eg Biggs, Boba) and/or scoundrels as well (eg Boba), even better.

Do NOT go to the next toon in a particular store as long as your arena team isn't maxed.

In a nutshell: search the forum for the 'adaptive ftp guide', read, learn, follow and prosper :smiley:
  • If you want to keep things as simple as possible and save some time, it's perfectly reasonable to ignore the Yoda event, unless and until you have the Jedi anyway. GM Yoda is okay, but not great, not required for anything, and you won't miss him if you don't have him.
  • Looking at your characters, focus on Leia, kylo and Lando mainly and don’t focus on Jedi consular or clone wars chewbacca because they are not wort( it at all! Biggs will be awesome if you unlock wedge so here is another tip
This discussion has been closed.