The great shake up

Does anyone else feel like the game needs a bit of a shake up? I'm just tired of everyone running the same teams. I wish they would release like 20 strong characters all at once and really shake things up. Variety is the spice of life.

Replies

• Two new FO toons, three new NS making he other 4 NS toons viable again. BB8, new Rey coming.
    Starck, ipd to make empire more versatile. That's like 9 new toons and 4 old toons which you can mix 'n match to your liking. Have you even played this game lately?
  • I have. But I don't p2p. Most of those characters require the opening of your wallet to be made viable.
  • Lol. How many new shake ups are needed? Wampa!!!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/totenteufel/
    “When you tear out a man's tongue, you are not proving him a liar, you're only telling the world that you fear what he might say.” George R R Martin
  • PoederAmon wrote: »
    Two new FO toons, three new NS making he other 4 NS toons viable again. BB8, new Rey coming.
    Starck, ipd to make empire more versatile. That's like 9 new toons and 4 old toons which you can mix 'n match to your liking. Have you even played this game lately?

Not if you're FTP you can't just drop everything for these new toons, the 3 new nightsisters are all P2P, 2 new FO are P2P, new rey requires the 2 vets and BB-8, IPD is only accessible through TB, so a long farm there, Starck is quite poor for PvP and is a TB only really toon. Its not a lack of content its just not F2P friendly.
  • I see. So you want free new toons? I respect your choice to be f2p, but as I see it you can't have your cake and eat it. As f2p your bound to follow release cadence. If you want variety, you have to contribute to the the ppl and companies that invest in this game.

Btw, I haven't spend (that much) on NS and run a super fun NS team in the top 50 of my shard. So even like $20 gives you the variety you wish for.
  • Lots of new toons and content
  • Moved to Feedback/General.
  • I think the devs are doing things to address the meta imbalance. It'll take some time, but in the next few months we'll see a lot of shakeup.
  • You have this impression because 95% of the characters they're releasing are intended to force people to shop. They are releasing a lot of toons, but most of them are only aimed at milking money. I just hope this greed frenzy will stop sooner or later so we can get back to play this awesome game. I think we are just paying their sad failure with BF2.
  • I have. But I don't p2p. Most of those characters require the opening of your wallet to be made viable.

I'm f2p. Running nightsisters. Gear is way more important than *s. Nov. 15 shard. There's also a fo in top 20 with a unmasked kylo 4* lead fo in top 20. You shouldn't complain if you haven't tried to gear these toons.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I have. But I don't p2p. Most of those characters require the opening of your wallet to be made viable.

I'm f2p. Running nightsisters. Gear is way more important than *s. Nov. 15 shard. There's also a fo in top 20 with a unmasked kylo 4* lead fo in top 20. You shouldn't complain if you haven't tried to gear these toons.

Complaining? You score well in reading comprehension huh?
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    I have. But I don't p2p. Most of those characters require the opening of your wallet to be made viable.

Complaining? You score well in reading comprehension huh?

I was saying they are viable. And yes I always have done extremely well on reading comprehension. Thanks for asking.
  • I wasn't complaining. Just saying the game could use a good shake up, that doesn't require spending. There wasn't a lot of spending required when the game began, and they have since made millions in revenue off of this game. A shake up of characters available in shops (gw and arena) plus the addition of a lot of toons at once would almost be like a re-boot of the game. I believe it would make the game very interesting again for those that have lost interest, while at the same time, keep the game from dying. Lots of long time players are leaving due to the repetition of how characters are released in a p2p fashion.