Arena Advice with Regard to the Meta

Hey guys, I'm thinking about changing up my arena squad. Here's the one I'm currently using (Dec 16 shard):

Wedge (g11), Biggs (g11), RzD2 (g11), Zolo (g10), STH (g11)

I currently rank top 100 (have made it as high as 42) and face a wide variety of comps, but the majority are Wiggs-Chaze, plus I seem to be dropping farther overnight. I also know I'm under geared and under modded (been chasing shiny toys of late, lol).

Looking at the meta report top 10 toons, here is where my roster stacks up:
CLS - no
GK - no
Barriss - no
Rex - yes (g8)
DN - yes, but only 4 stars (g8)
Thrawn - yes
Solo - yes
R2 - yes
Chirrut - yes (g8)
Baze - yes, but only 3 stars

My thought was to switch to the following (once geared):

Rex, Solo, R2, Thrawn, STH

(With the goal being to replace STH with GK eventually)

So, do you think this second team is viable in the meta, or should I do something else?

Here is my roster for reference:
https://swgoh.gg/u/midaswelby/collection/

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• I think that new team can do well, but you may want a second attacker. Solo is squishy and if he gets taken out you're going to struggle dealing damage.
  • I run basically the same team as your suggested new one, but I swap between DN and Thrawn depending on what team I face. I can hold top 50 overnight on a June 2016 shard.
  • DavidSPumpkins
    156 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Not all shards are equal, but in my Dec 16 shard you'd be doing about as well as you could with what you have. You wouldn't be climbing much higher without some serious retooling, and STH as a tank is going to drop you hard overnight.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    I would find a guild that has haat on farm and get gk as fast as you can, if you can get 600 tickets every day you should be able to find one, otherwise the rex lead team seems solid
  • If you want to become first in arena farm NS ;)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    If you sort your mods out you will have an instant improvement without changing your team. Go to swgoh.gg, show mods, filter by speed secondary / primary. You will see that Kanan's square mod should be on your arena team, some circle mods as well, and probably more (I stopped checking after that).
  • Waqui wrote: »
    (I stopped checking after that).

Ok, that made me lol :smiley: ...I'll definitely look into them.
  • Sothe wrote: »
    I run basically the same team as your suggested new one, but I swap between DN and Thrawn depending on what team I face. I can hold top 50 overnight on a June 2016 shard.

Thanks...very good to know