Hermit Yoda needed in LS TB platoons! Why?

Prev1
As above! Why would you require us to have hermit Yoda at 5* to fill multiple platoons, this game reeks of the parent company too often.

Replies

• Options
    Ouch.
  • Options
    Our small guild is plagued in platoons by hermit yoda and multiple lograys and wickets.

It honestly feels pretty unfair I’m not sure of the math but even if one of our guild members put EVERY penny of TB currency toward Hermit yoda I’m not sure they would even have him at 5* because we don’t get the best rewards.

I can live with multiple log rays and wickets (although it’s dumb af) but hermit yoda needs to be removed. It is quite literally impossible for many guild to even acquire him currently.
  • Options
    Still better than DSTB asking for Empire Droid, Wompa, and Starack.
  • Options
    General Kenobi is in our platoons too.
  • Options
    I understand the frustration. At the same time TB is designed so that smaller guilds don't fill every platoon and don't complete every mission. 5* seems to be where it starts hurting.

Rather than simply saying, "we want you to remove Hermit Yoda because it's unfair" (because if the do acquiesce they'll just put in a 5* Mother Talzin or Kylo Ren (Unmasked)) maybe some smaller guilds can report on how many stars they get this time vs last time and the GP they had for each TB? That would give some indication of how much characters like Hermit Yoda in platoons hurts smaller guilds.

Our guild got 30 stars with 69M GP last time.
    This time we have 75M GP and look like we'll get 31.
    We have two Hermit Yodas today.
    If we fall short of 31 it may be because of Hermit Yoda in this platoon and future platoons.
  • Options
    Because greed and stuff.
  • Options
    This is not looking good for the next two phases let alone the future of TB when new characters are released. Feels like we'll never 100% TB unless we burn our pockets.
  • Options
    This is a joke.

Why are all the rare characters are needed in platoons?
  • Options
    Yep we need him in 2 locations......noone in our guild has earned enough to even unlock him.
  • Options
    This is a joke.

We pretty much knew this was coming when they announced the platoon changes just before DSTB got released.
  • Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    This is a joke.

We pretty much knew this was coming when they announced the platoon changes just before DSTB got released.

How can you request a platoon fill for a guild that hasn't even earned enough to unlock him if we saved every single thing for it.....
  • Options
    Okay, but my guild is a 16* guild. I think we got 18* once, but I might be misremembering. And yet I’ll have Hermit Yoda unlocked after the next TB.

You chose to farm gear and ignore Hermit Yoda. I chose to farm him. Why shouldn’t he be needed in platoons?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Wicket too
    Platoons are the worst part of this game. In phase 6 for either Tb how could you ask a guild member to platoon a 7* wicket or talzin. This is a very bad model here. And it just feels sleezy.
  • Options
    Perfxion wrote: »
    Still better than DSTB asking for Empire Droid, Wompa, and Starack.

Whoa! Starack?!? That's REALLY out of line! I mean, this is Star Wars, not Star Trek. Why would they require you to use a Vulcan?!?

Wait. Did Disney buy Paramount/CBS and no one told me?
  • Options
    The same is with General Kenobi, nobody in my Guild has him...
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Okay, but my guild is a 16* guild. I think we got 18* once, but I might be misremembering. And yet I’ll have Hermit Yoda unlocked after the next TB.

You chose to farm gear and ignore Hermit Yoda. I chose to farm him. Why shouldn’t he be needed in platoons?

Think you are overlooking the never ending cycle this presents. Say you get or have Hermit Yoda. It won’t matter because the next characters to be introduced will make that useless because they will become the needed characters to fill platoons. It’s not just about Hermit Yoda or wicket.
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Why do some people feel they are entitled to be able to complete all content? Especially when they chose to be in a self described small guild. If you can't complete a platoon it's not the end of the world it just gives you something to work towards. If you want better rewards from the group content get with a better group...there are tons recruiting all the time.
  • Options
    Here's the thing....I get it....we are all farming characters we need to get better....but we can't catch up with the release of new ones....we finally get some ships that we didn't have 5star and now we get TIE Silencer and First Order SF Tie Fighter in the platoon reqs along with Hermit Yoda down in the normal ones....
  • Options
    Lkw wrote: »
    Why do some people feel they are entitled to be able to complete all content? Especially when they chose to be in a self described small guild. If you can't complete a platoon it's not the end of the world it just gives you something to work towards. If you want better rewards from the group content get with a better group...there are tons recruiting all the time.

Lol, I’m not in a small guild. And it’s about never completing content because the goal post is constantly being moved. No effort can overcome that without lots and lots of spending. Then it’s just temporary until the next batch of characters are released.
  • Options
    I don't think you can BUY Hermit Yoda, so this is not a matter of greed, really.
  • Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    I don't think you can BUY Hermit Yoda, so this is not a matter of greed, really.

I agree. The whole greed excuse for everything is kind of funny. Everyone made a choice go for gear or go for hermit Yoda. Or a mix of the two. Those that don't have Yoda have gotten to use there gear 12 toons. There's consequences to every discussion in the game. You probably made the right discussion to go for gear over Yoda. This is a small disadvantage that gear 12 toons should be able to over come.
  • Options
    Watch Wampa will be needed in the next DS TB platoons.
  • Options
    Lkw wrote: »

I agree with your initial question, but disagree with joining a larger guild. It's not quite that easy. People in smaller or weaker guilds tend to be more casual. Stronger guilds become increasingly exclusive with tb requirements and gp minimums. That's their decision to be casual. However, restricting game modes to the casual player is in bad taste. It's a bad business model to begin with. Alienate the average player badly enough, and they will leave.
  • Options
    Phases 1-3 include only farmable toons. Phases 4-6 contain any toon in the game, but the first 2 platoons should be able to be completed with f2p toons. Mind, this includes toons like logray and paploo, etc. We have hermit Yoda as one in ours as well, but it's not the end of the world. My guild has been farming gear instead of HY
  • Options
    Make sure you get Jedi Rey as she will be needed for platoons.
  • Djbz
    251 posts Member
    Options
    Three hermit yodas and Two general Kenobis (I’m the closest one to getting him in my guild with 106 shards so far) and a few BB8s (we’re in a decent position for those at least though)
    Special forces first oder Tie an Tie silencer all over the ship platoons too. (And they’re completely unfarmable)
    It’s not as bad as darkside was with the completley unfarmable characters filling all the platoons from this stage onwards but it’s still pretty bad in platoons 5&6
  • Options
    i dislike hermit yoda and kenobi being apart of platoons. and ROLO next phase probably (my guild still cant beat Haat but maybe when we try agian we can...) along with the bad toon selection on darkside territories

but i think platoons should be changes a bit to be slightly better... keep the things they have of first 3 being only ftp toons and the rest are a bit more up there. but switch the requirements, on the light side battles ask platoons to need darkside characters that we cant battle with instead of asking for the toons we might need. and for darkside battles ask for lightside characters in platoons (please do this for darkside)
  • Options
    Can’t make it too easy. Start collecting hermit, he is fun ;)
  • Options
    It's tough guys, but HeYo is farmable. I have mine at 6* after forgoing G12 gear.

He's a great character when married up with GK/Zarriss in LSTB, making them nearly bulletproof and virtually a lock for 6/6 in combat missions.

Would heartily recommend you farming him.