3* tb lock

Prev1
can we please get this removed, now that we have the officers tools that wasnt really needed in the update and annoys alot of people

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    It's an excellent dumb-trap. I'm an officer and really happy with this.
  • Options
    IlkhanHo wrote: »

You are in the minority, I'm glad you like it, but there are a lot of guilds that do not like it.
  • Options
    when you're in a top 50 guild things are a bit different, people aren't dumb for 1. the ship combat is locked with 34/50 people doing the mission and not one person has deployed. ship combat needs balanced for 2
  • Options

You are in the minority, I'm glad you like it, but there are a lot of guilds that do not like it.

top guilds arent the majority in this game (taking from what the devs said, 5% of TW ended in a draw... and if all 100M+ guilds drew... then smaller guilds are way way more common). hence that dude is most likely in the majority

at first i was upset with this idea cauz i like to do all my fights and aim for that 114/114, however judging it objectively the 3* lock has more pros than cons.

for me generally its a +
  • Options

top guilds arent the majority in this game (taking from what the devs said, 5% of TW ended in a draw... and if all 100M+ guilds drew... then smaller guilds are way way more common). hence that dude is most likely in the majority

at first i was upset with this idea cauz i like to do all my fights and aim for that 114/114, however judging it objectively the 3* lock has more pros than cons.

for me generally its a +

It's not only the 100 + guilds that would not like this, plenty of guilds lower then that do not like this, it actually seems that most folks that like this are in sub 50 GP guilds. . . .
  • Options
    as a guild our people were indifferent, they totally didnt care about it at all.
    im an officer in my guild and my personal opinion cannot be generalized as my guild's opinion. we are a 75M guild and it makes no difference.

and since u didnt address but the fact that "we dont like this, hence ...", lemme take it objectively
    pros:
    no wasted GP
    less time if u skip 1 or 2 fights
    cons:
    cant get 114/114
    cant do fights that are similar to all the previous and coming fights
    (no sarcasm intended, though it sounds like there is some)

wasted GP matters for mid range guild (50-90) as the extra star in p3 p4 is gotten with exact resource management. sometime a few extra fights(80-90k per fight) on a 3* territory can mean those GP wasted wont allow a guild to get that extra *
    for us we gotten a 8/9 in P3 with about 500k GP to waste only.
    lets say an officer was not there to lock the territory(due to work, real life....) at the exact time of it becoming 3*... then people might mistakenly do fights there and thats a star missed.

^^ this fact outweighs the "i dont like it" argument.

though for u ull think otherwise ofc cauz ur the one not liking it hence u value ur own opinion over the general case, but objectively speaking pros > cons in this case

my strict personal opinion is "whatever, wont change a thing for me", but generally its a good implementation
  • Options
    dont be dumb <-- outweighs wasted gp arguement
  • Options
    Top guilds may not be the majority, but they represent the majority of the game's revenue
  • Options
    NicolBolas wrote: »
    Top guilds may not be the majority, but they represent the majority of the game's revenue

if u think the game can be played and sustained with only the whales playing then be my guest and try
  • Options
    They implemented it "correctly" (i..e you can still do platoons and special missions past the 3* lock), so I don't really have a problem with it. Might have been better to do it as a "soft" lock, like the officer ones (i.e. if just gives you a message and you can go past it), but I think it's fine.

I know some guilds used to want people to do stuff for tracking purposes even if something was 3*, but we don't even need that with the per round and broken out stats.
    iN Spectre
  • DarjeloSalas
    9944 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    They implemented it "correctly" (i..e you can still do platoons and special missions past the 3* lock), so I don't really have a problem with it. Might have been better to do it as a "soft" lock, like the officer ones (i.e. if just gives you a message and you can go past it), but I think it's fine.

I know some guilds used to want people to do stuff for tracking purposes even if something was 3*, but we don't even need that with the per round and broken out stats.

I largely agree with that, except for the last part.

In phase 3 our ground combat missions were at 46, 46 and 45 completed (we're running this TB on 48 members). It was pretty easy to work out who had missed all 3 missions (one guy was on 0 and the other was on 1) but it was pretty much impossible to work out who'd missed the remaining mission, as piles of the guild were on 3 combat missions.

You can't tell apart those who have missed a mission that they could still hit from those that missed ships mission and can no longer hit it.

We had 1 TB where we had this data with no 3* auto lock. Man I loved that one!
  • Options
    Its pretty simple to satisfy everyone.
    Ships never lock, there is no point.
    Other missions lock once 3* until all missons are 3* at which point they unlock.
  • Options
    The locking is cool when there are areas that could be deployed to. But when all 3 stars are reached in all zones. Would be nice to have option to over deploy or do combat for those who show up late. Somebody is always going to miss out on content.
  • Options
    Agree!!
    I'm an officer who coordinates TB and does the analitic after that. For the guilds which trying to be hardcore that makes unable to analize which payers did not complete all the combat missions or did not deploy. I want ALL my players to complete ALL combat missions and deploy ALL theyr troops and ships. Especially for the phases where we did not reach the target.
    I see players completed 3 combat missions. But i do not know WICH 3 missions!!! Was it 1 ships and 2 chars missions or all 3 were chars. That makes me crazy. Would be perfect if everyone could complete 4 missions. So take off your useless officer tools and rerturn those perfect times when i could require all waves completed per territory!!!
  • Options
    -1 Keep the lock; no reason to do anything once a territory is 3*.
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

You're so very wrong. It may not make a difference to you, but it screwed us out of a star this TB. (because ships and South 3*'d early, we couldn't see who was missing the Middle CM's that would have put us over the top) If there had been no lock, the Combat Mission tracking number they gave us would have shown a more accurate picture as everyone in the guild would have finished all their CMs except the missing Middle's. But because people CAN'T PLAY THE GAME after a territory locks, we could only see half the guild had all 4 done, and everyone else had 3 done. Can't make callouts like that and we missed the boat.
    You may not see a reason and that's fine, but there is an issue caused by this mandatory lock. What was meant to give officers a break, is causing us more work and frustration.
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »

You're so very wrong. It may not make a difference to you, but it screwed us out of a star this TB. (because ships and South 3*'d early, we couldn't see who was missing the Middle CM's that would have put us over the top) If there had been no lock, the Combat Mission tracking number they gave us would have shown a more accurate picture as everyone in the guild would have finished all their CMs except the missing Middle's. But because people CAN'T PLAY THE GAME after a territory locks, we could only see half the guild had all 4 done, and everyone else had 3 done. Can't make callouts like that and we missed the boat.
    You may not see a reason and that's fine, but there is an issue caused by this mandatory lock. What was meant to give officers a break, is causing us more work and frustration.

Amen!
  • Options

A bit of a stretch, but if that’s truly the case then it’s reporting that’s an issue, not the territory lock.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    pros:
    no wasted GP

That's not actually true. It will still let the last person over deploy. Even if you only need 15k to close it out, they can deploy 1.5M if they hit select all.
  • Options
    Don't the stats reveal enough info to find out who in guild might be presenting a "pattern"? If I can't see who in my guild hasn't done there CMs, it's water under the bridge; we lost the star because someone didn't show up and that is handled differently depending on your guild.

Bottom line, this could be a personal preference for guild leaders/officers. Guild members should be doing their part. The Stars don't lie.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options

A bit of a stretch, but if that’s truly the case then it’s reporting that’s an issue, not the territory lock.

IMO, it's the lock AND the reporting that is an issue.
    If the tracking was waves completed or even missions attempted/cleared PER CM - that would point it out pretty clearly.
    But that's a lot for the devs to add and a lot for officers to sift through which would add even more time for us which is the opposite of the point of these tools.
    Remove the 3* lock and there's no issue at all. Less for us to track/worry about and you're not taking game play away from guild members who can't get to it till late or live overseas. And sure, there are people who don't enjoy the CM's all that much, but there are many who do. They don't take long.
  • Options

If the tracking was waves completed or even missions attempted/cleared PER CM - that would point it out pretty clearly.
    But that's a lot for the devs to add and a lot for officers to sift through which would add even more time for us which is the opposite of the point of these tools.
    Remove the 3* lock and there's no issue at all. Less for us to track/worry about and you're not taking game play away from guild members who can't get to it till late or live overseas. And sure, there are people who don't enjoy the CM's all that much, but there are many who do. They don't take long.

Remove the 3* lock and now you've got people deploying and doing things when it no longer helps the guild.
  • Options

Remove the 3* lock and now you've got people deploying and doing things when it no longer helps the guild.

We don't have that problem. I'd quote Kozi's infamous "recruit players who" don't do that line, but that's just cold.

Let officers lock a territory whenever they want and the same goal is achieved. Forced lock only hurts players and makes officer's jobs harder.
  • Options

We don't have that problem. I'd quote Kozi's infamous "recruit players who" don't do that line, but that's just cold.

Let officers lock a territory whenever they want and the same goal is achieved. Forced lock only hurts players and makes officer's jobs harder.

Still waiting on that list from Kozi anyway.

But, it helps our players and makes my job (as an officer) easier to have the 3* lock in place. Whereas if I had to manually lock the thing at 3* I would need to always have an officer online and watching.
  • Options

But, it helps our players and makes my job (as an officer) easier to have the 3* lock in place. Whereas if I had to manually lock the thing at 3* I would need to always have an officer online and watching.

Different strokes for different folks. Perhaps there would be an option... Like for our guild, we could opt for a manual lock while your guild could opt in for an auto lock on 3*. That might appease both sides.
  • Options
    Runkett wrote: »
    Its pretty simple to satisfy everyone.
    Ships never lock, there is no point.
    Other missions lock once 3* until all missons are 3* at which point they unlock.

this
  • Options

Different strokes for different folks. Perhaps there would be an option... Like for our guild, we could opt for a manual lock while your guild could opt in for an auto lock on 3*. That might appease both sides.

^^ this would be quite reasonable and acceptable.
    there seem to be quite a number advocates for keeping it and for removing it

this would be the best option
  • Options
    the only reason to keep it would be guild members are dumb or ignorant
  • Options
    Our guild is also not thrilled with the 3 star lock out. We used to track participation. But now our players with the most GP appear to do the least because we have them hold deploying until we do the math to see where we may get another star. Early phase lock outs screw up the math.
    The second problem is players in a vastly different time zone never get to experience early phases because they get locked out.
    Overall, I do not understand the reasoning for the change. A few guilds could not control people from wasting GP in a 3 star area? Boot the player that cannot follow instruction and just must fight every fight open even if it costs the greater good elsewhere.
    Compromise. Unlock them after max stars are achieved in the phase so it does not cost the guild a star in a different sector. Fleets are a perfect example. Never lock up fleet.