3* tb lock

2Next

Replies

• Wisp
    14 posts Member
    I hate this.. I play in a later time zone and am constantly being locked out and can’t play. Yes I know we all get the same rewards. But 1, because the it tracks and ranks players I’m constantly being rated very low in the team because I’m “not allowed” to participate- I know it shouldn’t matter buts its frustrating to work so hard on your toons just to be locked out and ranked low. 2nd and much more important is that I really like TBs.. to come home from a long day at work to be told by the game that you are not allowed to play is agrivating... we’ve already acheived 3*... why lock people from enjoying the game...

As for the arguement that people are wasting points...then deal with it... it’s not very hard to figure out where you need to fight or deploy to help your guild... if you in a guild that cares about such things then train your team or kick out people that can’t follow the guild guidelines...
  • Wisp wrote: »
    I hate this.. I play in a later time zone and am constantly being locked out and can’t play. Yes I know we all get the same rewards. But 1, because the it tracks and ranks players I’m constantly being rated very low in the team because I’m “not allowed” to participate- I know it shouldn’t matter buts its frustrating to work so hard on your toons just to be locked out and ranked low. 2nd and much more important is that I really like TBs.. to come home from a long day at work to be told by the game that you are not allowed to play is agrivating... we’ve already acheived 3*... why lock people from enjoying the game...

As for the arguement that people are wasting points...then deal with it... it’s not very hard to figure out where you need to fight or deploy to help your guild... if you in a guild that cares about such things then train your team or kick out people that can’t follow the guild guidelines...

To add to your point it also hurts that you can't use new squad comps on early phases. If I'm going to try a new squad comp it's always during a phase that is possible to lose a star. Which means it's actually is diminishing the guilds chances on get the most out of your players. If the squad dosent work out you just cost your guild points which could end up being the difference in the end.

Wish more folks thought like you.
  • ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Wisp wrote: »

To add to your point it also hurts that you can't use new squad comps on early phases. If I'm going to try a new squad comp it's always during a phase that is possible to lose a star. Which means it's actually is diminishing the guilds chances on get the most out of your players. If the squad dosent work out you just cost your guild points which could end up being the difference in the end.

Excellent point you raise as well.
  • I get the reasoning for it, but it should unlock again when all territories in a phase are 3*.
    And it serves no purpose (except to frustrate) in phase 1 and ships.
  • I am an officer in a top 100 guild and absolutely love the new tools and 3* lock. It was so frustrating before the lock when people would not listen to the messages posted in-game or in our announcement channel of our guild chat app. It cost us multiple stars early on. Also, as a player and an officer, I feel strongly that locking once you hit your goal (if below 3*) violates other players rights to play the game as they see fit. I for one would be furious if someone was able to prevent me from playing a battle I wanted to because they thought it wouldn’t help them out. If someone doesn’t follow orders, we can now track it and either warn or boot that person from the guild if we see fit.

We are also a guild with players in many different time zones across the world, making it difficult to coordinate and communicate at times, and platoons and missions would stretch the entire 24 hours of each phase. As I was hoping, the 3* lock has motivated our entire guild to complete the platoons and missions earlier or miss out on portions of the phase. This alone was worth the lock in my opinion, as the forums and our guild discord chat were filled with complaints over how much time the new game modes consumed.

The only issue I have is the new individual phase tracking is bugged (similar to raid ticket counter). We had multiple people during last Tb complete all the combat missions in a phase and not receive credit for them on the counter, so they are effectively useless if the numbers can’t be trusted.

Overall, thanks again to the devs for the 3* lock and officer tools! They have greatly reduced the load on officers in our guild
  • JedTumbo wrote: »
    Also, as a player and an officer, I feel strongly that locking once you hit your goal (if below 3*) violates other players rights to play the game as they see fit. I for one would be furious if someone was able to prevent me from playing a battle I wanted to because they thought it wouldn’t help them out. If someone doesn’t follow orders, we can now track it and either warn or boot that person from the guild if we see fit.

Agree with virtually all you said except this bit, which seems contradictory. You’d be furious if someone prevented you from hitting a battle, but would warn or boot someone else who doesn’t follow orders?

The new tools are an enormous timesaver for officers though. And apart from ships territories locking way before everyone gets a chance to hit that combat, I wouldn’t want to change any of it.

Sounds like your Guild could train their team a bit better.

We got 50/50 combats on phase 1 by forbidding all deployments.

We got same in phase 2, again, by setting a threshold for deployments to ensure anyone who hadn’t yet hit combats would be able to. Our officers tend to deploy last, and will always wait for combats from people in later time zones.

The one area we can’t save is ships in phase 3,4. We ban deployments there but it still locks at around 30 combats when it hits 3*.

Being locked out of combats can be addressed by officers with the exception of early ship phases. To be honest, the best solution to the ship issue is to raise the 3* threshold in phases 3-5.

Sounds like your Guild could train their team a bit better.

We got 50/50 combats on phase 1 by forbidding all deployments.

We got same in phase 2, again, by setting a threshold for deployments to ensure anyone who hadn’t yet hit combats would be able to. Our officers tend to deploy last, and will always wait for combats from people in later time zones.

The one area we can’t save is ships in phase 3,4. We ban deployments there but it still locks at around 30 combats when it hits 3*.

Being locked out of combats can be addressed by officers with the exception of early ship phases. To be honest, the best solution to the ship issue is to raise the 3* threshold in phases 3-5.

Sounds like your guild is a little. .. Shall we say militantly entertaining. And for the ship battles, . .just no. Since you control your members so well, why not have them only complete 2/3 ship waves so they all get to play. Then you don't need to rework the ship map levels, cuz that's obviously the answer, not changing the ridiculous mandatory lock.

• Sounds like your guild is a little. .. Shall we say militantly entertaining. And for the ship battles, . .just no. Since you control your members so well, why not have them only complete 2/3 ship waves so they all get to play. Then you don't need to rework the ship map levels, cuz that's obviously the answer, not changing the ridiculous mandatory lock.

I’m not sure I know what you mean by militantly. Military, yes. We regularly earn a top 200 star haul despite total GP that’s not even in top 500. Members aren’t complaining about that, believe me.

And as for ships, search your feelings - you know the thresholds in phases 3 and 4 are wrong. Our Guild (107M GP) have no hope of 3* in both middle and bottom in phase 4 even with perfect combat and perfectly coordinated deployment. Yet it only takes 30 of us to hit the combat in top to earn 3*? And that’s only filling 2 of the 6 platoons as well. In fact it’s only in phase 6 we need any deployment at all for ships. That is completely off-scale with the ground territories.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    We measured participation of any member by TP/GP and if the result was below 6 this particular member had a problem. Below 7 was OK and around 8 was normal. Now we can not do this any more and do not know who is just a free-rider and who was not able to participate due to the 3* lock. 3* lock made managing player activity much more difficult.

Of course we do not have to care about deployments in 3* regions - but then again, we did not have this problem before either.
  • Why is this horrible feature still in the game?
    @CG_Kozispoon can we atleast get an update if this has been put to the devs to make this configurable?
  • Runkett wrote: »
    Why is this horrible feature still in the game?
    @CG_Kozispoon can we atleast get an update if this has been put to the devs to make this configurable?

@Runkett kozi no longer seems to work at CG, try message @CG_RyDiggs or @CG_TopHat