Gear Overflow vs Credits.. Old feature needs to return.

Waaay back in time, we had a screen called "inventory" that listed how many of each gear piece, salvage and training droid we had, and we could sell those for credits..

I would love to see that return, specially since we have thousands of certain gear pieces that wont EVER be used up (Mk8 biotech implant salvages, Mk5 stun guns, Mk5 keypads to list a few), and training droids too (i forgot when was the last time i did daily training droid challenge, and i only do training droid heist for the odd gear piece.)

and it would definitively help with the massive credit wall...

Replies

• +1
  • This is 100% needed again
  • I agree!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    It's not going to help much. Not sure why people keep bringing this up. Do you guys really think you're going to have less credit problems if you're able to sell your excess gear?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Please give it back to us
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    leef wrote: »
    It's not going to help much. Not sure why people keep bringing this up. Do you guys really think you're going to have less credit problems if you're able to sell your excess gear?
    Exactly.
    What we need is double reward for credit heist.
    several thousand credit from selling excess gears won't give much
  • leef wrote: »

They keep forgetting that it was removed for a good reason. This is to prevent some people from "accidentally" selling off gear that they may need in future.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

They keep forgetting that it was removed for a good reason. This is to prevent some people from "accidentally" selling off gear that they may need in future.

I will never need all the Mk 4 BAWs that I have. If someone can’t figure out to keep a small reserve before selling off, that is their issue, not mine. CG, let us sell our useless scrap.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

Wasn't it actually because people exploited the shop? I am fairly certain that was the reason it was removed, rather than for our benefit.

Also, why not, instead of getting credits, it provides shard shop currency? That way it can be reinvested into new gear.

I think the idea is a good one - why bother holding on to thousands of gear you will never, ever use.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »

I will never need all the Mk 4 BAWs that I have. If someone can’t figure out to keep a small reserve before selling off, that is their issue, not mine. CG, let us sell our useless scrap.

There's always that possiblity that the mk 4 baw's will become needed in large numbers for new gear. I will admit that it's very unlikely though.
    Anyway, the main point is that it has very little benefit and could potentially even have a negative effect for the players. While i totally agree that it isn't my problem if other players don't manage their resources correctly, those people may very well be the same ones asking for gear to be sellable again. That's why i don't think it's a good idea at all. Sometimes it's just better to protect the players from making mistakes, especially when the benefits are so little like with selling gear.
    Please note that there have been complaints about equiping gear to the wrong toon, accidentilly zeta-ing the wrong toon, accidentily destroying/selling a mod etc. We all make mistakes eventhough we like to believe we don't. On many occasions the player who does't think he makes mistakes, blames his mistakes on the game. I'm the first to admit i'm like that. I accidentily zeta'd luke's lead because the ability list resets to the top after backing out of an ability you're upgrading. While it was my fault, i couldn't stop myself from subconsiously blaming the game. "why does the ability list reset to the top" "why isn't there a pop-up asking me if i'm sure". I even made a post about it, mostly to prevent others from making the same mistake, but still.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • I think instead they need to add a new NPC/SHOP where you can trade 10 lower ranked gear for 1 higher ranked. Need a MK4 and have a few hundred extra mk3... trade them up. Trade 100 mk3 salvage for 10 mk4. This would help get rid of wasted old equipment that we have hundreds of, and help players not in superior guilds be able to farm their way to raid gear. Takes 50 pieces of raid gear salvage to make 1 raid gear, so you would need 500 pieces of the next tier down. Won't be fast enough to invalidate the raids but it will help

Exactly my point.

I may not be able to amass millions, but every little bit helps

Exactly, if i sell excess gear for more credits, i'll have more credits than i had before, therefore less "credit problems"
  • they could set a minimum of 100 since if we give it to allies it can go, a person who don't know how to restrain itself with the guild requests can give all their good mats if people ask for them
    "I don't search for bugs, they find me and beat me endlessly" - JarDorK
    My views are my own... except when they are wrong... then it's jar jar's fault

Pure F2P at heart