4 nightsister zombie shards from event

Prev1
Putnam
194 posts Member
edited December 2017
You get 4 shards from the “rare” event, you can only run the event once, and put a 1099 crystal pack in the store...lol
Post edited by Vampire_X on

Replies

• Options
    What’s the point of the event if all you get is 4 shards and 200 ally points
  • Options
    The point is to get 4 shards and you get to replay a kinda fun unique little event. I don't have a problem with that. I got two sets of 7 spirit shards. If I were to refresh for 900 crystals and get the same results, it comes out to like 60-something crystals per shard which isn't a bad price. Not gonna do that but the option is there
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    My point is there’s a huge paywall
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    you can't clear the bonus tier? If you can, i'll advice you to always do the bonus tier, it rewards slightly more shards. This is also the 2nd time this event was live, and it will go live again. It takes rather long to 7 star them both, but it's completely free, you don't even need to spend energy.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • DonBongo92
    59 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    I think the event should be more frequent, but otherwise its ok.
    Although i don't have a great problem having the nightsisters behind a great paywall ( this way I dont have to face them too many times anywhere in the game), its still a bit annoying to know that I can finish them in around 2019 april to 7* the f2p way :D
  • Options
    There's always a huge paywall with all the new toons, nothing new really. They've already been moved into chromiums, so you can take your chances there if you want, but they'll be moved somewhere farmable hopefully soon.

Believe me, I want them bad too - but them being behind a paywall doesn't make the sisters unique
  • Options
    I see your 4 zombie shards and raise you a 3 shard spirit drop.
  • Options
    What I"m really afraid about is upcoming toons
    Is this a new standard of character release cadence? Will most of relevant new toons be released in MT, Zombie, Wickey way? Where people never get 7star characters for the first 2 years without spending 1000$?
  • fell_swarm
    28 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    If you're high enough to get the bonus tier, it's 7-10 shards per run.

I only relecently passed level 80, so I snagged 34 spirit shards and 25 zombie shards, plus the XP, omegas, and zetas for 1st time completion of the lvl 80+ version of the event, which made me quite happy.
  • Dok
    140 posts Member
    Options
    I forgot the attempts were shared and only got 11. Compared to the minimum I would have gotten had I been paying attention, you ended up with a better ratio than me ;)
  • Options
    Dok wrote: »
    I forgot the attempts were shared and only got 11. Compared to the minimum I would have gotten had I been paying attention, you ended up with a better ratio than me ;)

I almost did the same thing. Figured id do the bonus tier first since i didnt remember it being very difficult anyways. Worked out. Still...dont have enough shards to give either of them another star.
  • Options
    I got 16 shards today, maybe im just lucky then.
  • Options
    Putnam wrote: »
    You get 4 shards from the “rare” event, you can only run the event once, and put a 1099 crystal pack in the store...lol

You should know this is pay to win .there of coure many players who is willing to waste 100 bucks in these games so they get the upper hand. Which is why f2p got popular with game devs they make 3x the money than pay to plays.not many non pay to win games out there
  • Options
    Personally I do not like that NS have been stuck behind so much RNG. The pack is RNG and not just on the number of shards it drops but for which toon. The event as well. Cleared Tier 2 today and received shards for Spirit who I neither use nor want. Zero for Zombie. These 2 need to make their way to shipments. Soon. Talzin is already trapped behind a 2 year drip for most players. I really hope they aren't doing this for Spirit and Zombie as well.
  • TVF
    36599 posts Member
    Options
    you can only run the event once

Not true, you get two.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    Two run throughs of this and I got 7 total spirit shards. I'd trade those 7 spirit for even 2 zombie shards. For the amount of work it takes to destroy that table, a few more shards would be nice. (Even if it were just guaranteed 3-4 shards of EACH spirit and zombie).
  • Options
    sneeyatch wrote: »
    There's always a huge paywall with all the new toons, nothing new really. They've already been moved into chromiums, so you can take your chances there if you want, but they'll be moved somewhere farmable hopefully soon.

Believe me, I want them bad too - but them being behind a paywall doesn't make the sisters unique

The nightsisters and Wicket aren't planned to be released anywhere for the forseeable future, the event is the only place to get them

At this rate these 2 nightsisters will be even longer farms than the already ridiculous talzin and wicket farms smh
  • Options
    Would you rather have a way to earn a few shards of zombie and spirit gradually by playing an interesting event, or would you rather wait a few months with nothing for them to be added to a cantina node or something? I think this is an interesting and fun way to make them available, myself. But YMMV.
  • Options
    I got 16 zombie shards, I'm happy with the event
  • Options
    Totally cool with the event as is. 85 Phoenix clears the hard event in 5 minutes.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    Would you rather have a way to earn a few shards of zombie and spirit gradually by playing an interesting event, or would you rather wait a few months with nothing for them to be added to a cantina node or something? I think this is an interesting and fun way to make them available, myself. But YMMV.

I would be ok with this type of event if it ran consistently every week, or the drops were quadrupled or so. The way it is right now, I would much, much rather have them in nodes.
  • Options
    I'll say it again.... no way to know that there is even a 33% chance to get MT from the pack... much less 25%... 10%? 0.0001%? I have no problem dropping some $ on NS - have already - but the games they play with us keeps me from doing it on these packs. Sorry. #thetruth
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Pretty poor reward yeah...but I'm not interested in NS so no biggie to me.
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »

I would be ok with this type of event if it ran consistently every week, or the drops were quadrupled or so. The way it is right now, I would much, much rather have them in nodes.

Yeah. Make this event weekly or monthly and fair enough!! As it is it just feels utterly pointless, and basically it's just to frustrate you into spending.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    My point is there’s a huge paywall
    lol
    The whole game is a huge paywall, bud. Isn't that what you signed up for?
    I thought the event was fine. Got 14 shards out of it, I believe.
  • Options
    madquills wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »

Yeah. Make this event weekly or monthly and fair enough!! As it is it just feels utterly pointless, and basically it's just to frustrate you into spending.

What? Getting 20 shards a month ... well, nobody will even remember who these characters are when they finally get them to 7*.
  • Options
    Nothing in life is for free
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    VaexquaGer wrote: »
    Nothing in life is for free

ironically, this game is actually free ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    madquills wrote: »
    ...basically it's just to frustrate you into spending.

You've just figured out what absolutely every aspect of the game is meant to do.

• Options

If the drops were reasonable then the event, but as it stands now it's not even close I would prefer even a 16 energy cantina farm

I would even prefer a single 20 energy hard node, it's literally still faster than farming them from this event even including the cadence where we wouldn't be farming them yet