Please help fix my level 42 squads

I started playing without using any guides or much forethought and now I'm at level 42 and wondering what I should be focusing on to get a decent arena team. I have the usual freebies and didn't get a very good starter.

Here's what I have, what should I be focusing on to get a good team?

Darth Sidious 4*
Talia 4*
Clone Wars Chewie 4*
Jedi Consular 3*
Kylo 4*
Farmboy Luke 3*
CT-21 "Echo" 3*
Aayla Secura 3* (just got her on chromium :smiley: )
Qui-Gon Jinn 2*
Grand Moff Tarkin 4*
Nightsister Acolyte 2*
etc...

Thanks for any help in advance!

Replies

• Restart doesn't appear to be a good option. I use Apple Gamecenter and don't want to change the login on my phone since I use it for other games as well. I tried using the 4 jedis I have for synergy, but they seem to do worse than just using DS, Talia, Kylo, Chewie and CT-21. Is there some Jedi synergy that I could be using to take advantage of getting Aayla Secrua? THanks.

• JUst forget what u have and build a Phoenix team. They’re good enough in arena, You’ll unlock palpatine and thrawn with the Phoenix team. It’s the best starter team you can possibly farm
  • JUst forget what u have and build a Phoenix team. They’re good enough in arena, You’ll unlock palpatine and thrawn with the Phoenix team. It’s the best starter team you can possibly farm

Also if u want Jedi synergy, and you want to unlock yoda, Ezra and kanan are both jedis. Farm Hera, Ezra, chopper, kanan and zeb
  • Wayng_Lingo
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    https://swgoh.gg/u/waynglingo/collection/

Sorry for multiple posts, just made a .gg account. Any advice appreciated
    Post edited by Wayng_Lingo on
  • Ok thanks! Phoenix it is
  • At level 42 does it really even matter?
  • Ouch
  • Phoenix is great advice. Fantastic early team, with tons of dual/triple tags and still compete late game. They unlock Thrawn & Palps, help with Yoda and Chimaera.

Even before this you need some scoundrels. Credit Heist is enormously important, at any level, and you need 5 scoundrels to get those credits/training droids.
  • Thanks for the helpful advice DedrickRogue. I’d been starting to go after Lando, Fett and stormtrooper Han.
  • Moroveus
    147 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Phoenix is a great option, because you can acquire them pretty easily. Chopper is in the Cantina Store, Kanan is in the Arena Store, Zeb is in the GW Store, and Ezra and Hera are in the Fleet Store.

You might also want to consider a basic Rebel team: Wedge (leader), Biggs, Leia, Stormtrooper Han, and Old Ben are a fantastic team well into the late stages of the game, and you’ll eventually need three of those characters to get Commander Luke.

For a dark side team, get a basic Empire team, because you’ll eventually need Empire to unlock R2-D2. Tarkin is a great leader, and he’s in the Arena Store. Stormtrooper is in the Cantina Store, Magma Trooper is in the GW Store. With your Rebel team, you’ll be able to unlock the Emperor. Vader shards are handed out piecemeal as you complete achievements, and you can accelerate getting him to 7* by buying shards in the Fleet Store.
  • Once you’ve got a Rebel team and an Empire team, I’d start working in a Resistance team. You absolutely NEED the following three members for a good Resistance team: Finn (leader), Poe, and Resistance Trooper. I like Resistance Pilot for the fourth member, because her shards are easy to acquire in the GW Store. The fifth member can be any Resistance toon.

Once you have your first Zeta, put it on Finn, and you’ve now got a team that is great for EVERY mode of the game: raids, Galactic War, Territory Battle, challenges, etc.

The great thing about a Finn Zeta team is that you don’t need high-quality mods. Just slap whatever potency mods you’ve got on everyone, Finn’s Zeta will carry the team.
  • I started playing without using any guides or much forethought and now I'm at level 42 and wondering what I should be focusing on to get a decent arena team. I have the usual freebies and didn't get a very good starter.

Here's what I have, what should I be focusing on to get a good team?

Darth Sidious 4*
    Talia 4*
    Clone Wars Chewie 4*
    Jedi Consular 3*
    Kylo 4*
    Farmboy Luke 3*
    CT-21 "Echo" 3*
    Aayla Secura 3* (just got her on chromium :smiley: )
    Qui-Gon Jinn 2*
    Grand Moff Tarkin 4*
    Nightsister Acolyte 2*
    etc...

Thanks for any help in advance!

All advices here are valid, so pls follow them. Looking at your roster - there is no squads that can be effective atm. I would advise you go into guides section of this forum and read up about the game. Will probably help you understand it better nad make good choices going forward.
  • Resistance (Finn (L), Poe Dameron, Soldier, Pilot, Rey Scavanger). First zeta must go to Finn.

Farm Resistance Pilot to 7* on GW, and then go all the way for the ships: Imperial TIE Fighter; First Order TIE Fighter, Biggs Darklighter's X-wing; Wedge Antilles's X-wing. You must farm dark side ship to get the zetas and a sweet Executrix (Tarkin) asap.
  • Looks like I have several to go after. Thanks for verifying what I thought about my current roster. I may go for the rebel team before Phoenix. Looks like I need to stockpile rewards in the meantime so I have some time to decide. Sounds like I should stop developing my current roster any further?
  • Sounds like I should stop developing my current roster any further?
    Darth Sidious 4*
    Jedi Consular 3*
    Kylo 4*
    Farmboy Luke 3*
    CT-21 "Echo" 3*
    Qui-Gon Jinn 2*
    Grand Moff Tarkin 4*

These characters all have good uses in the end game and are farmable, keep working on them.
  • Looks like I have several to go after. Thanks for verifying what I thought about my current roster. I may go for the rebel team before Phoenix. Looks like I need to stockpile rewards in the meantime so I have some time to decide. Sounds like I should stop developing my current roster any further?

There’s no utility in starting over. Most of the above are good suggestions, especially Phoenix. Also, in general, you want to prioritize your arena performance over every other game mode bc that is your only source of crystals. Always keep that in mind when deciding which toon to build next. Also, building your roster is a long haul, so setting expectations for things to take time is important too.
  • Wayng_Lingo
    41 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Sounds like I should stop developing my current roster any further?
    Darth Sidious 4*
    Jedi Consular 3*
    Kylo 4*
    Farmboy Luke 3*
    CT-21 "Echo" 3*
    Qui-Gon Jinn 2*
    Grand Moff Tarkin 4*

These characters all have good uses in the end game and are farmable, keep working on them.

That’s good I gotta keep moving up. Thanks!
    Post edited by Wayng_Lingo on