Star Wars: The Last Jedi Spoiler thread

Replies

  • Boo wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    I feel I agree with @Izza - the star wars saga ended with ROTJ. What we have now is borderline nonsensical garbage.
    That’s the standard feedback I m getting from old peeps.
    They don’t like the new movies. I think it’s a generation thing.

    I think its a logical thing. Even watching the star wars saga in order PT then OT now these sequel trilogy movies - they just don't add up.

    The trick is a may not likely have an issue with them if they were from a completely different time period in the star wars universe - but continuing on with OT characters and doing what these movies are doing just destroys what all prior movies have done and their stories told. These new sequel trilogy movies are just destroying everything star wars stood for on principal

    If you like an entertaining movie with a poor story, character development and flashy effects then these movies are for you.

    Yeah I don't agree with this "generational thing" there is a quality standard. But people these days think as long as it's new, different and takes risk then it's amazing. No. often, and in this case, taking risks is dangerous and has bad results.
  • Just a side note, it's mad how TLJ completely disregards anything and everything that happens in TFA. Whether you liked TFA or not isn't important. Nothing in TFA mattered in this movie. Other than knowing who Finn, Poe and Rey are of course
  • Mad how Disney wanna phase out slave Leia in the golden bikini
    What are you talking about?
  • Fürkész wrote: »
    Mad how Disney wanna phase out slave Leia in the golden bikini
    What are you talking about?

    I'm talking about Disney removing all imagery and merchandise of Leia in the golden bikini
  • Fürkész wrote: »
    Mad how Disney wanna phase out slave Leia in the golden bikini
    What are you talking about?

    I'm talking about Disney removing all imagery and merchandise of Leia in the golden bikini

    It can't be true, it must be a hoax. It has zero sense. :(
  • Just a side note, it's mad how TLJ completely disregards anything and everything that happens in TFA. Whether you liked TFA or not isn't important. Nothing in TFA mattered in this movie. Other than knowing who Finn, Poe and Rey are of course

    Right, why is there a map with Lor San Tekka and R2 that leads to Luke if he went to the most out of way place in the galaxy so he could be left alone to die?

    Free at last
  • GloriousFool
    103 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    "The last jedi" movie took the worst elements from "the phantom menace" and "the return of the jedi", took the best elements from "empire strikes back" and "return of the jedi", mashed them together and the director thought to himself "yeah, this works". There is plenty of blame to throw in rian johnson´s face, but i would like to know where the producers were during the production of this unholy abomination, is it not a producer´s job to check the director´s work? And who checked the writer´s work? Snooki?! (jersey shore).

    How can anyone say that the stinker is actually good? (The critics love it). I dare you to explain it to me, without feeling crazy afterwards... any and all of the prequel movies are better than "the last jedi". This movie to me, marks the end of the star wars franchise, the internet will make that fact clear to the producers, but they will not care because star wars is still a cash cow in their minds.

    So to make sure that the movie makers understand, just because they own the movie/license rights to a franchise, it does not mean that they can make whatever disjointed mess they want, i suggest that you boycot the next star wars movie that comes along (it will probably be either the solo movie or the kenobi movie).

    Do not be fanboys, open your eyes, listen to reason, this movie is THE worst star wars movie ever, probably one of the worst movies in general too. They are yanking money out of your pockets, while spitting in your faces and laughing at you, do not let them get away with it.
    Post edited by GloriousFool on
  • I actually enjoyed the movie. I agreed that the canto bight scene **** and the space Leia scene was cringe worthy. But the scenes with Luke, Rey, kylo and snoke had me on the edge of my seat. My friends and I enjoyed the movie. This is far from the worse Star Wars movie ever. This is a lot better than Phantom Menance and attack of the clones. Sure some parts of the movie **** but it was really enjoyable. Smokes death was so fulfilling and had me surprised b/c I thought it would be a rehash of the empire strikes back.Luke’s death was so meaningful to me. A childhood hero. He died the same way Yoda and Ben died. Through fulfillment of the force, being balanced and accepting of their current fate. Bad movie of not, Luke and Snoke’s death was very well done.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    @OP i genuinely did enjoy the movie. I could write a whole TLDR passage on it, but i m lazy. Except for Canto Bight (useless!) i thought it was a decent to good movie.

  • I will just say this to explain why Luke s actions make sense. At the start of the OT, Luke is naive. He automatically takes the good side and wins, becoming a living legend. After that, he begins to train his NEW JEDI ORDER. He becomes scared of Kylo Ren and is tempted to kill him, but the moment passes. This is important because theres no break of character here! Luke still believes in the Light: He s just tempted to attack. Remeber when Vader was taunting him eith Leia @ROTJ: He was tempted to attack, but he just couldnt kill him at the end. Same Thing. After Kylo kills everyone, he begins to realise how much he, as a jedi, has failed. As such, he also realises the failings of the Jedi. He then decides that the Jedi must end, since without the jedi, The sith cannot function. They re exsistence depends on the other . He also realises that the Light Side is NOT dependent on the Jedi. He retreats to Ach To, but not before someone makes a map. That someone splits it onto 2 so it is less likely that the FO will find it. Rey comes, blah blah blah. At the last moment, Luke returns as a Force Vision to save the New Rebel Alliance. He then dies beacuse the Force whatever thing is super energy consuming, (so its rarely done).
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Just a side note, it's mad how TLJ completely disregards anything and everything that happens in TFA. Whether you liked TFA or not isn't important. Nothing in TFA mattered in this movie. Other than knowing who Finn, Poe and Rey are of course

    Right, why is there a map with Lor San Tekka and R2 that leads to Luke if he went to the most out of way place in the galaxy so he could be left alone to die?

    What's your point?
  • Fürkész wrote: »
    Fürkész wrote: »
    Mad how Disney wanna phase out slave Leia in the golden bikini
    What are you talking about?

    I'm talking about Disney removing all imagery and merchandise of Leia in the golden bikini

    It can't be true, it must be a hoax. It has zero sense. :(

    It is true. Disney don't want to be associated with that kind of sexualization
  • There was definitely a lot about this movie that I didn't like, but on the surface, I could take how it turned out in stride if only it wasn't for what I felt like lies just beneath the surface of the storytelling.

    I'm not talking about many's perceived notions of "forced" diversity or feminism, I have no issues whatsoever with including all sorts of people in Star Wars. I feel weird even having to say that. How is this even up for discussion? How is it forced, anyway? Is it because there is a very diverse cast? Were we supposed to slowly ramp up to that? C'mon now...

    Anyway, the one thing that bugs me about this movie is that I kinda see it as a "universe building" movie, and that's a bit of an insult to long time fans and to the characters they're so carelessly casting aside. In a movie where we went in expecting huge revelations that would shake the foundations of the Star Wars universe we've come to know and love, 40 years in the making, we see characters failing to live up to many's expectations and going in directions that not only did few of us see coming, but most of us didn't want to see.

    There's a reason the way "The Last Jedi" panned out is different than all the fan theories you read about: that's because almost no one wanted it to turn out that way. As for the "universe building", I feel like this movie may as well had Samuel L. Jackson show up and tell those kids on Canto that he's starting up a brand new line of force users, except they wouldn't have done that because they're trying to distance themselves from all things established in the Star Wars universe and show us that nothing that has come before matters and that there's a whole galaxy of stories out there to be told (and sold) that has absolutely nothing to do with the characters and stories you care about. Why make a numbered entry of the series into an advertisement for your "Next Phase" Star Wars movies?

    Oh well, I could be way off base here, and that's fine if so, I'll happy walk back my comments if all this turns out to be imagined and the story goes in a fantastic direction that makes me and everyone else very happy, I just can't help but feel like this movie was more laying groundwork and less doing justice to a story that has been 40 years in the making.
  • LordDirt
    2698 posts Member
    40 years old here and it is my favorite Star Wars movie. Yes it has some things that are not great but which movie doesnt? Seen it three times already and we are going again Sunday. Have a nice day.
    Free at last
  • LordDirt
    2698 posts Member
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Just a side note, it's mad how TLJ completely disregards anything and everything that happens in TFA. Whether you liked TFA or not isn't important. Nothing in TFA mattered in this movie. Other than knowing who Finn, Poe and Rey are of course

    Right, why is there a map with Lor San Tekka and R2 that leads to Luke if he went to the most out of way place in the galaxy so he could be left alone to die?

    What's your point?

    My point is why is there a map to a man that wished to disappear forever? Who made the map? Who gave it to Lor San Tekka and R2?

    Free at last
  • TVF
    31082 posts Member
    Dear OP,

    Lol.

    Sincerely,
    TVF
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Just a side note, it's mad how TLJ completely disregards anything and everything that happens in TFA. Whether you liked TFA or not isn't important. Nothing in TFA mattered in this movie. Other than knowing who Finn, Poe and Rey are of course

    Right, why is there a map with Lor San Tekka and R2 that leads to Luke if he went to the most out of way place in the galaxy so he could be left alone to die?

    What's your point?

    My point is why is there a map to a man that wished to disappear forever? Who made the map? Who gave it to Lor San Tekka and R2?

    And why R2 came out from the "hibernation" when he did? Why not before and why at all?
  • I liked it. My opinion. Take your elitist attitude and stick it in your ****.
  • sheep, everyone
  • You could remove 45 minutes of the movie and it would'nt affect the plot at all. That can't be said for the other movies. I'd say the worst movie released to date.
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    Just a side note, it's mad how TLJ completely disregards anything and everything that happens in TFA. Whether you liked TFA or not isn't important. Nothing in TFA mattered in this movie. Other than knowing who Finn, Poe and Rey are of course

    Right, why is there a map with Lor San Tekka and R2 that leads to Luke if he went to the most out of way place in the galaxy so he could be left alone to die?

    What's your point?

    My point is why is there a map to a man that wished to disappear forever? Who made the map? Who gave it to Lor San Tekka and R2?

    Yeah none of that makes any sense
  • I must say i am surprised, that so many seem to be willing to ignore such big gaping and ridiculous plot holes, just because a movie is visually incredible or what ever, does not mean that it is a good movie. It would be like saying you liked the "sonic free riders" game because of the graphics, even though the game is pretty much unplayable.

    Even if you did not like the original or prequel movies, even if you have only seen or did only like "the force awakens" for exsample, try to make sense of the storyline from "the force awakens" to "the last jedi"... you can't. The 2 are a mismatched mess, there were many plotlines they started and built towards in "the force awakens", as well as introduced us to several interesting characters, but then they dropped all of it in "the last jedi", like the plotlines and characters were nothing. So they added some new plotlines and new characters, plotlines that do not make sense and characters that are without purpose.

    I am not some angry or uptight fanboy, i am a moviegoer that got disappointed very badly, having waited for 2 years to see the continuation of the story started in "the force awakens", but then i get to see a disjointed nonsensical mess instead.

    And they think that will make me want to watch the other movies they have lined up, i will not and i am trying to tell other people who feel like me to do like me, boycot the next star wars movie. I do want to see the last movie, but not if they keep this up, so the only way to show the movie makers that, is to show them they can not make money out the franchise.
  • I don’t wanna go into details because I have before but I’ll just say yea it was horrible and not what I wanted at all. I don’t get how anyone could really even be excited for the next film after this.
  • TVF
    31082 posts Member
    wyobob wrote: »
    sheep, everyone
    TVF wrote: »
    Lol.

    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Cstone812 wrote: »
    not what I wanted at all. .

    This is why people are mad at the movie, it isnt what they wanted, accept the movie for what it is and not what you have been dreaming of since RotJ and it is great.

    Free at last
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    not what I wanted at all. .

    This is why people are mad at the movie, it isnt what they wanted, accept the movie for what it is and not what you have been dreaming of since RotJ and it is great.

    Wrong, even if "the last jedi" were the only star wars movie i had ever seen, it´s still a mess and makes no sense at all, honestly kill off all the main characters and i will not care, just that it makes sense to do so, do not care if it is in a meaningful "last send off" way, just not nonsensical. Plus no more mary poppins and porgs nonsense either please, the leia scene was supposed to be super serious and the porg scenes were supposed to be funny, for me the leia scene was funny and the porgs were not. People actually laughed out loud when they saw leia float back to the ship, i did too.
  • Leia scene was horrible, porgs were not an issue at all. Could have done without them at the end but the ewoks are the worst thing in star wars right next to jar jar. No way a bunch of little bears with sticks and stones take down peole with armor, blasters and walkers. Beyond ridiculous. Nostalgia has blinded people with RotJ. Would love to see the hate it would have recieved if it came out today. People hated ESB when it came out and people rate that at or near the top now. Funny how it all works.
    Free at last
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    not what I wanted at all. .

    This is why people are mad at the movie, it isnt what they wanted, accept the movie for what it is and not what you have been dreaming of since RotJ and it is great.

    Considering how I loved the Force Awakens your opinion is invalid. I’m not some 50 year old that just wanted the original characters back. It’s hilarious how much better the EU stuff is than this childish garbage we now have.
This discussion has been closed.