Star Wars: The Last Jedi Spoiler thread

Replies

• "The last jedi" movie took the worst elements from "the phantom menace" and "the return of the jedi", took the best elements from "empire strikes back" and "return of the jedi", mashed them together and the director thought to himself "yeah, this works". There is plenty of blame to throw in rian johnson´s face, but i would like to know where the producers were during the production of this unholy abomination, is it not a producer´s job to check the director´s work? And who checked the writer´s work? Snooki?! (jersey shore).

How can anyone say that the stinker is actually good? (The critics love it). I dare you to explain it to me, without feeling crazy afterwards... any and all of the prequel movies are better than "the last jedi". This movie to me, marks the end of the star wars franchise, the internet will make that fact clear to the producers, but they will not care because star wars is still a cash cow in their minds.

So to make sure that the movie makers understand, just because they own the movie/license rights to a franchise, it does not mean that they can make whatever disjointed mess they want, i suggest that you boycot the next star wars movie that comes along (it will probably be either the solo movie or the kenobi movie).

Do not be fanboys, open your eyes, listen to reason, this movie is THE worst star wars movie ever, probably one of the worst movies in general too. They are yanking money out of your pockets, while spitting in your faces and laughing at you, do not let them get away with it.

Fully support this as do 95% of people i have spoken too. Now just to be clear from the get go, i didnt enjoy TFA either, i found it be a complete remake of a new hope with worse characters that made zero sense to the canon especially rey being so OP for no apparent reason but at least questions and mystery was build around the film to be answered in the next two movies, that i could respect.

Now moving onto TLJ...... wow a complete mess is being far too kind. The first order and resistance flagships spent the whole movie moving like snails when in reality the FO could have easily attacked the resistance and destroyed them in space, resistance were out of fuel they were sitting ducks, ridiculous plot hole there. Leia in space not even going to justify with words there.........

Holdo was a complete fool, had she have just mentioned the plan to poe the entire cantina and mutiny parts of the movie would have been avoided, essentially they were pointless and in the end had no major affect on the story at all. While on that topic the entire part of the movie with Finn and Rose was utterly boring and uninteresting.

Snoke was completely wasted as a villain and probably had the most pathetic death in the entire saga and really let a lot of people down overall, but appart from that its left the entire trilogy without a proper villain which honestly has not left anything to look forward to in episode 9, kylo and hux are not seen as a threat to most and frankly seemed more like a comedic duo at the end of the movie, not something you really want to see from the guys in charge of the villains.

Lukes character was completely destroyed and his end scene made very little sense. wasted half the movie running away and moaning about everything, complete contrast to his character and even mark hamil himself hate what they have done to his character, hes said it in many interviews

Its also the first movie in the main trilogy to have no lightsaber duels, which in itself is an insult to the franchise and the hyped up fights between luke and kylo/Phasma and Finn were extremely anti climactic.

So yeah this movie is the worst star wars movie of all time imo, its ranked lower than TPM on rotten tomatoes by the audience and was honestly the worst movie ive paid to see at a cinema in my life.
  • @LordDirt nah, I saw it with an open mind, no expectations or storyline hopes, and I was still disappointed . I got my money's worth but it was not a great film in my opinion. It was fun to watch, but not memorable, or creative. Very shallow characters, low quality humor, forced emotion, recycled ideas and such. Felt more like an amateur fan fiction with an unlimited budget, than a skilled writer/director/producer with an unlimited budget
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Zaraos wrote: »
    "The last jedi" movie took the worst elements from "the phantom menace" and "the return of the jedi", took the best elements from "empire strikes back" and "return of the jedi", mashed them together and the director thought to himself "yeah, this works". There is plenty of blame to throw in rian johnson´s face, but i would like to know where the producers were during the production of this unholy abomination, is it not a producer´s job to check the director´s work? And who checked the writer´s work? Snooki?! (jersey shore).

How can anyone say that the stinker is actually good? (The critics love it). I dare you to explain it to me, without feeling crazy afterwards... any and all of the prequel movies are better than "the last jedi". This movie to me, marks the end of the star wars franchise, the internet will make that fact clear to the producers, but they will not care because star wars is still a cash cow in their minds.

So to make sure that the movie makers understand, just because they own the movie/license rights to a franchise, it does not mean that they can make whatever disjointed mess they want, i suggest that you boycot the next star wars movie that comes along (it will probably be either the solo movie or the kenobi movie).

Do not be fanboys, open your eyes, listen to reason, this movie is THE worst star wars movie ever, probably one of the worst movies in general too. They are yanking money out of your pockets, while spitting in your faces and laughing at you, do not let them get away with it.

Fully support this as do 95% of people i have spoken too. Now just to be clear from the get go, i didnt enjoy TFA either, i found it be a complete remake of a new hope with worse characters that made zero sense to the canon especially rey being so OP for no apparent reason but at least questions and mystery was build around the film to be answered in the next two movies, that i could respect.

Now moving onto TLJ...... wow a complete mess is being far too kind. The first order and resistance flagships spent the whole movie moving like snails when in reality the FO could have easily attacked the resistance and destroyed them in space, resistance were out of fuel they were sitting ducks, ridiculous plot hole there. Leia in space not even going to justify with words there.........

Holdo was a complete fool, had she have just mentioned the plan to poe the entire cantina and mutiny parts of the movie would have been avoided, essentially they were pointless and in the end had no major affect on the story at all. While on that topic the entire part of the movie with Finn and Rose was utterly boring and uninteresting.

Snoke was completely wasted as a villain and probably had the most pathetic death in the entire saga and really let a lot of people down overall, but appart from that its left the entire trilogy without a proper villain which honestly has not left anything to look forward to in episode 9, kylo and hux are not seen as a threat to most and frankly seemed more like a comedic duo at the end of the movie, not something you really want to see from the guys in charge of the villains.

Lukes character was completely destroyed and his end scene made very little sense. wasted half the movie running away and moaning about everything, complete contrast to his character and even mark hamil himself hate what they have done to his character, hes said it in many interviews

Its also the first movie in the main trilogy to have no lightsaber duels, which in itself is an insult to the franchise and the hyped up fights between luke and kylo/Phasma and Finn were extremely anti climactic.

So yeah this movie is the worst star wars movie of all time imo, its ranked lower than TPM on rotten tomatoes by the audience and was honestly the worst movie ive paid to see at a cinema in my life.

Amazing. Every word of what you just said was wrong.
  • LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Zaraos wrote: »

Overconfidence has always been the bad guys weakness in Star Wars. It happens in real life all through history.

She wasnt a fool. She was saving the Resistance. She was the highest ranking officer and doesnt owe anyone below her an explaination for her actions. The Canto Bight scene showed that not everything the Resistance does works and sets it up for Poe to give DJ the info to sell out the Resistance and for Poe to get more people killed. Canto Bight also shows how the lines can be blurred and there are other Force users in the galaxy.

Snoke was just a means to show Kylo Rens accention to Supreme Leader and character growth. He was used in TFA by Snoke and was berated and looked down upon in TLJ. He killed his Master like many before him. Darth Plaguies, Darth Vader, Darth Maul and Darth Sidious all died rediculous deaths lets not kid anyone.

Luke was a winey kid in ANH. Later he became a little more tolerable but never a confident Jedi. He was no match for the Emperor and Vader would have killed him if he wasnt his son. After Luke trains the new Jedi and he sees how easy it is for a student to go to the Dark Side he knew if was a huge folly to follow the current code. At the end he knew he couldnt take on Kylo Ren as he would be beaten. Kylo Ren is one of the best light saber duelest and is very stong in the Force. If Kylo Ren killed him he would be way too powerful for any Jedi to defeat. Plus word would go throughout the galaxy that the great Luke Skywalker was defeated by Kylo Ren and all hope would be lost. By doing what he did he is now a beacon of hope and Kylo Ren doesnt get any satisfaction or power from it.

I dont need a huge ground battle, space battle and light saber duel at the end all at once. Thought you guys didnt want the usual copy and paste, please make up your mind about what you want. Phasma scene was weak though I will give you that.

This is a top two movie in my opinion and nothing is a bad as 2 and 1. I dont base my opinions on others. Seems a lot of people like Justin Bieber but I cant stand the guy.

My biggest complaint is how Poe gets most of the fleet killed in the beginning and then gets half the Resistance killed when they are in the escape pods yet no one seems to care. He was responsible for two thirds of the Resistance being killed. All the deaths in the movie are on him yet they dont seem to care and still follow him the end.

Another is how all the guys plans are wrong and all the women are right every time.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I enjoyed the movie the second time around. Mainly because I had no expectations at that point so I was happy just to go along for the ride. Favourite parts were Yoda, r2 doing the Leia hologram and when the iron comes down to press the military shirt and you think it's a ship landing... That last one was really great.

Since I'm not in charge of Star Wars lll take what I can get and be happy that the movie at least gave me some good momentsi enjoyed, and now when I eventually watch it again someday in the future Itll be OK too cause I can just play swgoh and do mod management during the trash scenes.
  • Nothing better than a movie that relies on its branding to force people to convince themselves that they like it. How often do people see a movie, hate it, then go see it again just because? With TLJ, it seems like it happens quite a bit.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Blue_10 wrote: »
    Boo wrote: »
    Interesting but I would argue there is only one Sarlacc on Tatooine hence threepio quoting Jabba: THE almighty Sarlacc - hinting there is only one, but who knows.

The tusken raider and settler plot sounds like the Tatooine mission in KOTOR - the tuskens are animal savages though, and if Kenobi was on good terms with the tuskens - he could have talked to the ones attacking Luke - but he didn't.

Krayt dragon and dealings with Jabba etc. sound interesting though.

Ultimately - what does such a story actually add to the grand scheme of things, when compared to the saga?

Rogue One was awesome to explain how the Rebels got the Death Star plans, allowing them to destroy the death star - a major achievement and battle in star wars history.

Han Solo story I also do not see as a needed addition to the saga, but could tell an interesting story of Han's past - how he met Chewie, how he acquired the Falcon from Lando, dealings with Jabba, and the Kessel Run in 12 parsecs - none is needed really, but we, as an audience, are already familiar with Kenobi and what his part in the overall story of star wars.

Rogue one was also not needed however IMO it is the best film Disney have produced.

I'm far less nervous about the Hansolo movie than I am about what damage Disney would do to the franchise if they expanded the numbered saga to 12!

I'm very worried about the Han Solo movie. Force Awakens already severely damaged his character. He was so cool in the OT. FA turned him into a deadbeat loser. The Solo movie could make it worse.

Glad someone else feels the same way, on both counts. TFA han was even worse the TLJ Luke for disappointing chacterization, imo.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Im fine with the movie.. Buuuuuut... That BB8 scene.?????

Its was so out of place?!

And yes, Finn and Rose felt forced.

• Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Im fine with the movie.. Buuuuuut... That BB8 scene.?????

Its was so out of place?!

And yes, Finn and Rose felt forced.

That's it - those were your issues?

Rose was overall a forced character who participated in a completely pointless plot that took up a large portion of the movie - however those points are certainly not the worst TLJ has to offer its audiences.

Yes people are still buying tickets - who are star wars fans now relaxing to see it after the busy hype, those wanting to judge the horrible stories they have heard for themselves, and those who want to see it a second time because it didn't make any sense the first time, lol
  • LordDirt wrote: »

Overconfidence has always been the bad guys weakness in Star Wars. It happens in real life all through history.

She wasnt a fool. She was saving the Resistance. She was the highest ranking officer and doesnt owe anyone below her an explaination for her actions. The Canto **** scene showed that not everything the Resistance does works and sets it up for Poe to give DJ the info to sell out the Resistance and for Poe to get more people killed. Canto **** also shows how the lines can be blurred and there are other Force users in the galaxy.

Snoke was just a means to show Kylo Rens accention to Supreme Leader and character growth. He was used in TFA by Snoke and was berated and looked down upon in TLJ. He killed his Master like many before him. Darth Plaguies, Darth Vader, Darth Maul and Darth Sidious all died rediculous deaths lets not kid anyone.

Luke was a winey kid in ANH. Later he became a little more tolerable but never a confident Jedi. He was no match for the Emperor and Vader would have killed him if he wasnt his son. After Luke trains the new Jedi and he sees how easy it is for a student to go to the Dark Side he knew if was a huge folly to follow the current code. At the end he knew he couldnt take on Kylo Ren as he would be beaten. Kylo Ren is one of the best light saber duelest and is very stong in the Force. If Kylo Ren killed him he would be way too powerful for any Jedi to defeat. Plus word would go throughout the galaxy that the great Luke Skywalker was defeated by Kylo Ren and all hope would be lost. By doing what he did he is now a beacon of hope and Kylo Ren doesnt get any satisfaction or power from it.

I dont need a huge ground battle, space battle and light saber duel at the end all at once. Thought you guys didnt want the usual copy and paste, please make up your mind about what you want. Phasma scene was weak though I will give you that.

This is a top two movie in my opinion and nothing is a bad as 2 and 1. I dont base my opinions on others. Seems a lot of people like Justin Bieber but I cant stand the guy.

My biggest complaint is how Poe gets most of the fleet killed in the beginning and then gets half the Resistance killed when they are in the escape pods yet no one seems to care. He was responsible for two thirds of the Resistance being killed. All the deaths in the movie are on him yet they dont seem to care and still follow him the end.

Another is how all the guys plans are wrong and all the women are right every time.

Holdo's plan, many argue, was the key reason that the Resistance forces were obliterated to the degree that they were, and Rose's plan to save Finn at the end put the Resistance base in peril. On the flip side, Luke's plan to project himself to the base helped to allow the Resistance to escape, and several of Poe's plans throughout the movie (specifically in the first 15 minutes) scored victories for the Resistance.
  • Force Awakens was pretty much a retelling of A New Hope. Your surprised they trying to recapture the feel of the originals???
  • LordDirt wrote: »

She wasnt a fool. She was saving the Resistance. She was the highest ranking officer and doesnt owe anyone below her an explaination for her actions. The Canto **** scene showed that not everything the Resistance does works and sets it up for Poe to give DJ the info to sell out the Resistance and for Poe to get more people killed. Canto **** also shows how the lines can be blurred and there are other Force users in the galaxy.

Holdo's plan, many argue, was the key reason that the Resistance forces were obliterated to the degree that they were, and Rose's plan to save Finn at the end put the Resistance base in peril. On the flip side, Luke's plan to project himself to the base helped to allow the Resistance to escape, and several of Poe's plans throughout the movie (specifically in the first 15 minutes) scored victories for the Resistance.

Did we watch the same movie? Holdo's plan was solid, it was Finn, Rose and Poe's plan that failed spectacularly. First they got caught, then the guy they just met in jail sold them out(shocker!), and got a ton of people killed.
  • Ahem.. Last jedi may be for you worst movie but it isn't. A New Hope actually is the worst movie. Boring scenes , no action , the main boring line.

Last Jedi is good film , just cause you hate it doesn't mean we have to agree with you.
    I aint a fan boy by the way.
  • Vax
    18 posts Member
    Ok, my take... better than TFA, but still garbage. Why ppl like that movie is beyond me. It gives you literally no reason to care about the characters... but whatever. It happened... this movie... made a mockery of Master Luke.... still told us nothing about the “why” behind all this madness, and WHO THE F-CK WAS SNOKE!!! Literally no reason to care... character development is the most important feature in any media shape or form ever... this gives you nothing. And yes Leia for some GD reason floating in space... and killing snackbar in a scene that meant nothing... and oh yeah... the light speed ram into the super dreadnaught. Why? They ruined every space battle that ever came before it in Star Wars. There was a reason they never did that garbage ever before in any game, movie or book... bc ppl would’ve asked, “why didn’t they just launch a cruiser at light speed into the death star? DS II? STARKILLER BASE!! My god... if Ackbar woulda said, “it’s a trap, set hyperspace course for the Death Star”... just dumb... and I don’t need to see more new planets and creatures I’ve never heard of. Give us something we’ve only read about, or wondered of. I mean think about this for a sec, they go to crait, are like “ oh snap we’re being attacked, quickly let’s get in these 40 yr old speeders held together by duct tape and waste ALL OF OUR PILOTS FOR NO REASON TO ACCOMPLISH NOTHING” c’mon man... if a scene does nothing for the plot and for all purposes can be removed... well... it should be... Rogue one was terrific... these movies are regurgitated trash. Ya know what? No new trilogies... make movie spinoffs from the original movies ppl cared about... Vader, boba fett, Han, palpatine, wedge, maul, leia, lando, chewie, literally ANYONE ELSE. Just no more of this Disneyfied crap..
  • Apparently, people are voting with their wallets.

I bought a Rogue One Stormtrooper on clearance for $2.50 CDN.

Anyone in the US verify this person's prices?

https://youtube.com/watch?v=JcHBUqpxOMg
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Boo
    4134 posts Member
    Ahem.. Last jedi may be for you worst movie but it isn't. A New Hope actually is the worst movie. Boring scenes , no action , the main boring line.

Last Jedi is good film , just cause you hate it doesn't mean we have to agree with you.
    I aint a fan boy by the way.

Obviously you are not a fan boy - you hate ANH!!! What is wrong wit'you!!! lol
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    This sums it up for me

https://youtu.be/rCB8DUGpYQQ

Because heaven forbid an original sw film that doesn’t pander to fanboys while effectively expanding on previously established lore in a way that enhances the characters.
  • DatBoi wrote: »
    This sums it up for me

Because heaven forbid an original sw film that doesn’t pander to fanboys while effectively expanding on previously established lore in a way that enhances the characters.

TLJ did a lot of things (both good and bad), but enhancing characters wasn't one of them.
  • How about we like different things, nd we can shut up and accept that we like different things.
  • swgohfan29 wrote: »
    How about we like different things, nd we can shut up and accept that we like different things.

Seriously, responses like this are the worst. This is a forum. If everyone shut up it would cease to exist.

If people want to discuss, debate, argue, whatever then they are more than free to do so.

If you don't...well, you can follow your own advice.
  • JaggedJ wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    How about we like different things, nd we can shut up and accept that we like different things.

Seriously, responses like this are the worst. This is a forum. If everyone shut up it would cease to exist.

If people want to discuss, debate, argue, whatever then they are more than free to do so.

No. Accepting that people have differnet opinons doesnt mean we all shut up. It means we actually argue over things instaed of random naysaying of the oppositions.

For example, while i agree that most characters in TLJ (Rose, Finn) werent really enhanced, id say that Kylo tellijg rey that she had been lying to herself the whole time about her parents was brillant. Rey now seems more real, open to flaws and self-deception. Meanwhile Kylo breaks free of his past as a apprentice to Luke and as a apprentice to Snoke, setting hinself as a powerful new figure in the FO rather than some guys second.
    JaggedJ wrote: »

No. Accepting that people have differnet opinons doesnt mean we all shut up. It means we actually argue over things instaed of random naysaying of the oppositions.

For example, while i agree that most characters in TLJ (Rose, Finn) werent really enhanced, id say that Kylo tellijg rey that she had been lying to herself the whole time about her parents was brillant. Rey now seems more real, open to flaws and self-deception. Meanwhile Kylo breaks free of his past as a apprentice to Luke and as a apprentice to Snoke, setting hinself as a powerful new figure in the FO rather than some guys second.

You literally just said we should accept people have different opinions and should shut up.

What's the difference between disagreeing and being a naysayer? How do you do one without being labeled the other?

Disagree on Kylo and Rey. Kylo has been made to look weak to often to be seen as a credible threat while Rey has consistently been made to look to strong and without enough flaws for me to find her interesting.

The most interesting character from TFA was Finn and they hit the reset button on him in TLJ and gave him the worst side story they could.

You literally just said we should accept people have different opinions and should shut up.

What's the difference between disagreeing and being a naysayer? How do you do one without being labeled the other?

Disagree on Kylo and Rey. Kylo has been made to look weak to often to be seen as a credible threat while Rey has consistently been made to look to strong and without enough flaws for me to find her interesting.

The most interesting character from TFA was Finn and they hit the reset button on him in TLJ and gave him the worst side story they could.

Ok. fine. I shouldnt have used shut up.

The differnece between naysaying and disagreement is that naysaying goes like this:
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    No.

Disagreement
    Yes, because A
    Not Yes, becasue B
    not B beacuse C
    etc etc etc.

Ok. fine. I shouldnt have used shut up.

The differnece between naysaying and disagreement is that naysaying goes like this:
    Yes
    No
    Yes
    No.

Disagreement
    Yes, because A
    Not Yes, becasue B
    not B beacuse C
    etc etc etc.

Disagreements rarely involve the word yes, that would make it an agreement.

And that's not what naysaying is. Not even close. The word you're looking for is dismissive.

A disagreement is a disagreement. Just because people don't feel the need to write a novel on why they disagree in every post (especially if they've expressed their feelings earlier) doesn't mean a thing.
    DatBoi wrote: »
    This sums it up for me

TLJ did a lot of things (both good and bad), but enhancing characters wasn't one of them.

Yup. Episode IX is going to be boring. Rian killed off Snoke, which means Kylo has to be the main villain. Literally zero suspense when he faces off against Rey for the final time. She's already beaten him twice, with no training whatsoever.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Psilosin
    163 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    I wish that in the seconds before Admiral Ackbar got blown to bits he said "Oh C r a p!" That would have been a good fan service to "It's a Trap!".
  • CaptainRex wrote: »
    DatBoi wrote: »
    This sums it up for me

Yup. Episode IX is going to be boring. Rian killed off Snoke, which means Kylo has to be the main villain. Literally zero suspense when he faces off against Rey for the final time. She's already beaten him twice, with no training whatsoever.

And that's really what it comes down to. For a hero to be interesting and engaging they need obstacles to overcome. Kylo is not really an obstacle anymore because we've seen her overcome him.

There needs to be some sort of twist because if end up having Rey beat Kylo 3 out of 3 this thing is going to be an absolute fizzer.
  • Shadowind_Prime
    53 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    What a sad Ackbar and Luke is dead.......too many death in the new trilogy
    And who knows Snoke's another apprentice comng to episode IX to seek revenge on Kylo while taking down the Resistance?
    And who know that Solo: A Star Wars Story will reveal everything about Ben Solo and his life?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Watched the movie, didn't like it.
    Snoke died like such a whimp while others had way cooler deaths (eventhough their characters were (imo) lame or just random).
    Save water, drink champagne!
This discussion has been closed.