Star Wars: The Last Jedi Spoiler thread

Replies

• Im happy with the finn we have
  • Hux would be awesome
  • Im happy with the finn we have

Me too, we don't need another.
  • Terex. Seriously that would be sweet
  • There’s another Star Wars game, force arena, that already released those characters
  • JK_47 wrote: »
    There’s another Star Wars game, force arena, that already released those characters

Yeah, could be referencing them. We won't necessarily be seeing these guys. :)
  • Awesome!!!
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    They need more time to update General Grevious and add Jango, especially now that Poe's x-wing is needed to unlock Maz

More seriously, I bet they have to wait till after midnight as there is probably some agreement that all Star Wars content has to roll out on or after 00:00 12/15/2017

Battlefront 2 released TLJ update yesterday with Phasma and Finn and TLJ maps
  • LordDirt
    4916 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Leia scene ruined the movie for awhile.

Phasma was wasted.

Luke died randomly.

Yodas ghost could touch objects.

Rey actually became interesting.

Gen Hux was good.

Porgs were not too annoying.

Snoke death scene and praetorian guard fight was awesome.

Gutted that Anakins light saber is destroyed.

Cant wait to see where they take Kylo Ren
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Half of the movie was pretty good, but the Finn/rose story arc bordered on phantom menace levels of overt cgi exploitation and worthless writing. Never thought I’d miss JJ Abrams. I really can’t believe they gave Rian Johnson three more movies. I haven’t been this disappointed since that time I couldn’t go to tosche station...
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    I thought the movie was too long and a bit bloated (they could have cut down the finn/rose subplot and condensed the opening scenes), but overall, i enjoyed it. The film genuinely surprised me at times (nobody could have anticipated what luke ended up doing) and it didn’t succumb to people’s stupid theories (snoke’s past, rey’s parents, etc).

My biggest surprise was the plausibility of rey’s turn to the dark side. After TFA, i though that it would be impossible to be convinced that morally perfect rey could be tempted, but everything between her and kylo was great and i was genuinely unsure of whether she would turn.

I greatly appreciate the effort made to get rid of things that are old to make room for a new, wholly original story for episode 9. TLJ basically retreads the structure of Empire and Jedi so there isnt really much left to rip off. We’re now (finally) in uncharted territory where these characters can be a part of something unique.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    (Im curious to hear what @Boo thinks of how snoke was handled)
  • I really loved this movie. Except the Superleia scene. That was REALLY bad.
    But to all that think the Rose/Finn trip was too long. I disagree. Looking back the negative outcome spoils the importance but the whole Poe/Holdo subplot wouldn’t work if the audience didn’t take the Rose/Finn plot for real.
    And CG, I can assure you that WE ALL want to have the Praetorian Guard as a better Royal Guard ingame.
  • Kevern_Zaksor
    894 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    -I wasn't a fan of Leia pulling a Peter Quill in the first Guardians of the Galaxy and floating through space

-Luke squeezing milk straight from Loch Ness monster's ... mammary glands ... and drinking it was the best scene in the film, seriously I loved it

-the reliance on misdirection starting with the trailers and continuing through the opening title crawl is annoying. Once the film starts why are you still trying to make me think this is going to be an ESB remake? It wasn't, which is a good thing, but they kept making it sound like it was going to be

-the first sentence of the title crawl immediately annoyed me. Why is the first order in charge of anything? Why is the resistance so pathetic? Last time we saw the first order they got their major weapon destroyed. They've never been established as the guys in charge in the same way the Empire was in the OT. Suddenly they're ruling the Galaxy? This ties in to issues I had with TFA.

-I love that Chewie barbecued a porg. I wish those things hadn't been in the movie but at least they didn't get much screen time.

-BB-8 is annoyingly capable. As in, he shouldn't be able to do all the crazy stuff he does. And his evil twin works for the FO. What the.....?

-I loved Yodas scene. He's such a little **** and he's still teaching Luke stuff. But he kind of looked weird... Was he a puppet with CGI laid over him or just pure CGI made to move like a puppet? Strange.

-speaking of Yoda, Maz's scene was terrible. Let me get this straight: she's FaceTiming them while fighting some people? It felt shoehorned in

-some of the humor felt out of place. I would have liked a more serious tone throughout. Like after Luke gets shot by a million lasers and brushes the dirt off his shoulder. Come on......

That's it for now. I'm sure I'll post more thoughts after repeat viewings
    Post edited by Kevern_Zaksor on
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Rey and Finn get together and make the franchise’s first interracial Jedi baby. He is the real chosen one.
    Was very excited to see it last night...special preview show. Good movie. Worth the butter popcorn.

• Narseph
    141 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Rey’s parents are Luke and hermit yoda’s force ghost
  • -Luke squeezing milk straight from Loch Ness monster's ... mammary glands ...
    Very well explained the milking process :D>:):#:D.
    #nessyteddiesftw
  • Omg this movie was terrible I’d rather watch phantom menace again, it didn’t answer anything about Snoke, Rey’s parents answer seemed like it was just a way to say gotcha, she never started training how could she be the next Jedi, and Kylo origin and him turning to the dark side didn’t give us much except the last straw that turned him, maybe I expected to much after all the great movies
  • I felt the movie was really good but definitely at times felt they tried too hard. What made the original star wars movies so great was that the main characters weren't constantly going to "fake deaths". Leia's on the bridge, Finn with the battering ram, Rose saving Finn, and finally probably the most BA Star Wars scene to date, Luke brushing off the bombardment of a lifetime and showing Kylo Ren what the force can do.

I think they could've done without a lot of those, save Lukes, because it gets old after a while and becomes predictable.

I absolutely loved Holdo and Poe, I felt they both were the real heroes of the movie.
  • Oops, forgot to mention one of the best new characters- Benicio Del Toro's DJ. Loved the character and wish he had more screen time.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I'm just hoping for a legit Snoke's guard toon cause that was the best lightsaber fight in Star Wars so far
  • Fun to see how all people's predictions were totally wrong...
    Snoke... he was simply nobody, a new villain, and now he's dead.
    Rey's parents.... they were nobody interesting
    Rey has no connection with Skywalker family or others... just randomly chosen by the Force.
    Rey didn't go to dark side.
    Kylo did't go to light side.
    No hand cut...
    Phasma is nobody interesting, and now dead.
    Finn and Poe are not gay.... lol
  • The Praetorian Guard scene was awesome!
  • As a huge fan of SW, I have read all the books in the new canon, watched EVERYTHING, played all of the games etc. After seeing TLJ I have never been more disappointed in a movie in my life. Literally everything about it was garbage. Whoever the writers are, they need to take a basic fiction writing class, because they obviously have no idea what they are doing.
  • As a huge fan of SW, I have read all the books in the new canon, watched EVERYTHING, played all of the games etc. After seeing TLJ I have never been more disappointed in a movie in my life. Literally everything about it was garbage. Whoever the writers are, they need to take a basic fiction writing class, because they obviously have no idea what they are doing.

"Let the past die. Kill it if you have to. It’s the only way to become who you were meant to be." - Disney laid it all out for you.

And I honestly couldn't disagree more. What exactly was "garbage?" Because, outside of the Leia bridge scene that seemed way out of place given the only time we've seen her "use" the force has been passive stuff like sensing people in distress or sensing people dying, I can't think of anything that I had a negative opinion on. Some meh moments to be sure, but some awesome stuff in there as well.
  • fascizio wrote: »
    As a huge fan of SW, I have read all the books in the new canon, watched EVERYTHING, played all of the games etc. After seeing TLJ I have never been more disappointed in a movie in my life. Literally everything about it was garbage. Whoever the writers are, they need to take a basic fiction writing class, because they obviously have no idea what they are doing.

And I honestly couldn't disagree more. What exactly was "garbage?" Because, outside of the Leia bridge scene that seemed way out of place given the only time we've seen her "use" the force has been passive stuff like sensing people in distress or sensing people dying, I can't think of anything that I had a negative opinion on. Some meh moments to be sure, but some awesome stuff in there as well.

Well TFA laid out some rather intriguing questions. Who are the Knights of Ren? Who is Snoke? Who are Rey's parents? What will come of Phasma? What about Finn? They literally wrote in nothing answers and ruined lore completely. As a writer and a huge Star Wars fan it felt like they let a 14-yr old internet troll write the script.

Snoke was a CGI nobody, no back story, he died way too easily.
    Knights of Ren weren't even mentioned.
    Rey's parents? Nobody
    Phasma? Useless nobody
    Finn and his forced lover? Nobody, with completely pointless story arcs that had no reason to even be in the movie.
    Codebreaker? A complete waste of Benicio del Toro, and of any character. Literally hyped up for nothing at all.
    Yoda? Came back and was somehow able to manipulate the physical world as a force ghost?

The entire movie was a joke, too much humour was forced, which made Hux and the FO seem like a joke. 80% of the movie was a super boring ship chase which resulted in a very anti-climactic manner. Why didn't they have Leia replace Holdo driving the ship? That would've been the most Leia way to go out. They let her live and she did nothing the rest of the movie.

It was an ok "movie" but it was terrible "Star Wars movie."
  • LordDirt wrote: »
    Leia scene ruined the movie for awhile.

Phasma was wasted.

Luke died randomly.

Yodas ghost could touch objects.

Rey actually became interesting.

Gen Hux was good.

Porgs were not too annoying.

Snoke death scene and praetorian guard fight was awesome.

Gutted that Anakins light saber is destroyed.

Cant wait to see where they take Kylo Ren

I disagree, I think Hux was ruined. They tried too hard to make his character the butt of jokes, so now he's impossible to ever take seriously.

• I LOVE the twist where Kylo kills Snoke, and I LOVE the teamup fight scene that followed, but I HATE how they completely ruined Snoke's character. All that mystery to who he was, and it was all pointless.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Siscort8 wrote: »
    Omg this movie was terrible I’d rather watch phantom menace again, it didn’t answer anything about Snoke, Rey’s parents answer seemed like it was just a way to say gotcha, she never started training how could she be the next Jedi, and Kylo origin and him turning to the dark side didn’t give us much except the last straw that turned him, maybe I expected to much after all the great movies

TLJ was so bad, it made Phantom Menace look like ESB.
This discussion has been closed.