LS TB Platoons

Indigø
85 posts Member
edited December 2017
So I'm just curious about the process for selecting which heroes will go into platoons. Do you take a look at all of the combat data and see which teams are most frequently used in combat and then say, "Ok, lets take the leader of the popular squad and require 6 of these in platoons now." Im asking because there seems to be a lot of Wedge/Biggs, and of course Jyn, the only capable leader of a Rogue One team, and now i see GK in the mix. Any Dev comments or insight would be helpful.

Replies

• Options
    WAI
    #movingthegoalposts
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I'll be interested in dev responses.
    I get the game has to be profitable but requiring wicket and vets at 6 stars is beyond the reach of most guilds. The flow on effect is the later phases of TB are harder and less enjoyable.
  • Options
    don't care about those 3 toons. what is annoying is every guild needing 4 6* hermit Yoda toons to fill bottom platoon. no one in the game has hermit Yoda at 7* and very very small percentage have him at 6*.
  • Options
    drago6 wrote: »
    don't care about those 3 toons. what is annoying is every guild needing 4 6* hermit Yoda toons to fill bottom platoon. no one in the game has hermit Yoda at 7* and very very small percentage have him at 6*.

People in the game already have 7* Hermit Yoda.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Not sure why you think every guild got this.
  • Options
    JVU420 wrote: »

People in the game already have 7* Hermit Yoda.

I'd guess .5% of the game's entire population has Hoda at 7*
    I haven't seen 1 yet and I'm on a mature shard with plenty of spenders who make it their job to 7* every toon as soon as possible.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Yeah, but they timed it right. So fair game. If you had been buying Hoda shards since TB was released instead of wasting your guild event currency on stun guns and Baze Malbus you'd have Hoda in the 6*ish range.

Source: me :#
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote:
    I haven't seen 1 yet and I'm on a mature shard with plenty of spenders who make it their job to 7* every toon as soon as possible.

7* HYoda in my shard. We got a couple that are needed for our platoons, dont have em so we are moving on. Sucks but what can you do.
  • Options
    CFulcrum wrote: »
    I get the game has to be profitable but requiring wicket and vets at 6 stars is beyond the reach of most guilds. The flow on effect is the later phases of TB are harder and less enjoyable.

They responded a couple weeks ago. This is WAI. All characters and ships are possible in p4/5/6.
  • Options
    Have to admit I'm a little frustrated with this, we have legendary and raid toons showing up now, how soon will CLS and Rey be needed in platoons too. I think LS TB should have platoons using DS toons and visa versa. Not sure why this has never been the case but I just play the game...
  • Options
    Grommit wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote:

7* HYoda in my shard. We got a couple that are needed for our platoons, dont have em so we are moving on. Sucks but what can you do.

Keep farming Hoda and complain in the meantime. That's what I'm doing at least. ;)
  • Options
    zpFFxkx.jpg

Mine is getting his 7* tomorrow :)
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Grommit wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote:

Keep farming Hoda and complain in the meantime. That's what I'm doing at least. ;)

LOL
    I hear ya. We complain in guild. Also we recently got HAAT on farm but none of us have 6-7* GK which is also a requirement now so its getting more annoying. We do what we can though. Im not a fan of those requirements but Im less a fan of the paywall toon requirements so I don't complain TOO loudly.
  • Options
    Gear > Hermit Yoda :P
  • Options
    I wonder if the platoon requirements are different. I haven't seen hermit Yoda yet.
  • Options

Sure, until Hermit Yoda is needed at 7* for Jedi Luke next month
  • Options
    CFulcrum wrote: »

Just another aspect that makes TB completely unenjoyable. What's the point?
  • Options
    KenLi wrote: »
    I wonder if the platoon requirements are different. I haven't seen hermit Yoda yet.

They are, after phase 3. All platoons and squadrons for the first three vertical slices are the same for all guilds in the entirety of the game. After that it is "random."
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Excuse me while I go buy a $300 7* Tie Silencer just so I can throw him in platoons every week for my guild. What a valuable purchase!
  • Options

Hermit Yoda will probably be needed for ROTJ Luke.
  • Options
    Platoons are a $3-6,000 a month per guild extortion racket. No one should be bothering with farming characters for them anymore, since CG will just move the goalposts each month before you can finish your farm. And if you actually do drop that much just for the feeling of "pride and accomplishment", you only will get about 1 use before CG hoses you by adding new characters.
  • Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    Platoons are a $3-6,000 a month per guild extortion racket. No one should be bothering with farming characters for them anymore, since CG will just move the goalposts each month before you can finish your farm. And if you actually do drop that much just for the feeling of "pride and accomplishment", you only will get about 1 use before CG hoses you by adding new characters.

This guy must work for ea
  • Options
    Yeah Hermit Yoda and Gk that was a low blow EA

Platoons are disliked enough as it is.