Is it me???

I'm not sure what others think about this, but it really bothers me that so much of the information we get here is from Reddit. Whether it's the Jar Jar information, the information about them fixing the speed issue, endless information not released on their own site here first. Why do these devs feel that early information should be released there first?? Are we all here not worthy of it?? I just find it very unprofessional and insulting, especially to paying players who come here for information only to have to search Reddit for further details, it's abnormal.

To me, Reddit is a secondary unimportant piece of this game and information should never be leaked there ever. If anything, the Reddit site should be abandoned by any employee involved in this games development, especially when they release information there. My company has a website. Our company would never release information on Reddit first before their own site...

Replies

• I really, really don't like the format of Reddit, so I wish the forum was used more.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • It's like you want your gf to hang out with you and only you. Tell secrets to you and only you.
    lol
    I like the variety. I hang out there to get that breadcrumb news. I hang out here to get the official big updates and all the major stuff. Reddit is nice, but seriously, the news there is like 10% as compared to the 90% we get here.
    Of course, there's a tiny competition, it's like the big guild vs. the tiny guild in Guild War. You'd get one or two wins, but the war ends with a slaughter.

Forums FTW. Reddit, meh. I heard that Twitter gets a few news here and there. Oh nooooo!
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    The jar jar thing was a photoshop.
  • I agree, I don't like the idea of information being leaked on Reddit before making it to this forum but then again we have a lot of regular posters on this forum. I think the main information if not all the information lands up here whereas with Reddit it's like 10% as the guy above me said.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yes, but that 10% is major. If it weren't for Reddit, we wouldn't have realized that speed is now calculated differently and more. Every batch of release notes we've received have been incomplete so far...

• Yes, but that 10% is major. If it weren't for Reddit, we wouldn't have realized that speed is now calculated differently and more. Every batch of release notes we've received have been incomplete so far...

10% is not major. It's extra information, kinda like TV guide gives you time and short synopsis for all shows, but Reddit tells you what commercials will be showing during the breaks. Seriously, let it go. In an age of digital information, u get spoilers b4 movies come out. Having Reddit plus Official Forums ain't all bad. Some games use Twitter, FB groups, and Wiki to spread "exclusive" information. Having developers in Reddit just shows it's good to spread out man-power for info...

maybe we should have a guild war. Forum vs. Reddit.

Only way anything gets done is by war. let's fight.

• Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Hello. Is it me ur looking for???

The forum is like the front packaging of the product, tells u what it is.
    Reddit is like the back packaging more details and listing the ingredients, nutritional information, contact details, best before, and country of origin.
  • @Reyia
    What's the Best Before date? 2015? ;)
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    @Reyia
    What's the Best Before date? 2015? ;)

2016 unless EA decides to shut down their servers after 30 day's notice posted on

http://www.ea.com/1/service-updates
  • I'm not sure what others think about this, but it really bothers me that so much of the information we get here is from Reddit. Whether it's the Jar Jar information, the information about them fixing the speed issue, endless information not released on their own site here first. Why do these devs feel that early information should be released there first?? Are we all here not worthy of it?? I just find it very unprofessional and insulting, especially to paying players who come here for information only to have to search Reddit for further details, it's abnormal.

To me, Reddit is a secondary unimportant piece of this game and information should never be leaked there ever. If anything, the Reddit site should be abandoned by any employee involved in this games development, especially when they release information there. My company has a website. Our company would never release information on Reddit first before their own site...

Reddit isn't toxic. This one is.
  • I'm not sure what others think about this, but it really bothers me that so much of the information we get here is from Reddit. Whether it's the Jar Jar information, the information about them fixing the speed issue, endless information not released on their own site here first. Why do these devs feel that early information should be released there first?? Are we all here not worthy of it?? I just find it very unprofessional and insulting, especially to paying players who come here for information only to have to search Reddit for further details, it's abnormal.

You wna go?

You wna go?

:D

You wna go?

I 'wna' go? At least people over there aren't lazy enough to omit one letter. Seriously how hard can it be to write 'wanna'.