Resistance Trooper was confirmed bugged, now called WAI? Looking for official comment.

Anavel_Gato
371 posts Member
edited December 2017
@CG_Kozispoon, @CG_RyDiggs
Can someone please address what happened here?

Several players on this forum have pointed out as early as July 2017 that resistance trooper performance was not working as intended regarding his unique. Characters that were exposed already and gained another stack of expose would not generate TM despite the wording of the unique ability at the time implying all exposes should generate TM.

This was confirmed as a bug on October 4 by @CG_feltz916 here <--link

Fast forward to the Dec 6 content update notes. They state that the Resistance trooper ability text was changed
here <--link .

•Resistance Trooper: Ability description of "Guerilla Tactics" has been updated to correctly describe ability behavior. Ability functionality has not changed.

There is no comment about a bug fix or decision making in light of the bug confirmation two months before.

Was his ability just changed to be in line with a confirmed bug, instead of a fix for a confirmed bug be made? Did the game designers decide to change the Resistance Trooper kit unannounced? Was this simply felt NOT to be a bug after all, despite having confirmation in the bugs thread that it was a bug?

This is a significant nerf with no real explanation, as far as I can tell with the available information. It also significantly impacts how Resistance Trooper and Rey (Jedi Training) can perform together.

Replies

• Have you read the new text? It's very clear....
  • Read my post again. It appears they just changed the text to reflect a previously confirmed bug. @Randall
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Please read the tags for Resistance Trooper. Please also notice it does not say "Rebel" - Rebels get fixed. Anyone else just gets shunted to the side and/or nerfed.
    There's been so many errors with Mother Talzin - but I'm pretty sure that because she's not a rebel it's going to take years to get fixed... or re-written.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Also - this is where threads get moved to die. Thread retirement home. Has about the same cloying scent of death, as well.......
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Please read the tags for Resistance Trooper. Please also notice it does not say "Rebel" - Rebels get fixed. Anyone else just gets shunted to the side and/or nerfed.
    There's been so many errors with Mother Talzin - but I'm pretty sure that because she's not a rebel it's going to take years to get fixed... or re-written.

It’s depressing how accurate this is.
  • Those ability description bugs are the worst.

Yep. The MT assist special already got rewritten since it wasn’t calling her to assist.
  • Also - this is where threads get moved to die. Thread retirement home. Has about the same cloying scent of death, as well.......

Sad face. I'm still new here but know this to be true.

Sad face. I'm still new here but know this to be true.

On the one hand , I absolutely agree with what the devs decided to do with the forum and what the mods do since it's quite organized.
    On the other hand I would absolutely prefer General to hold conversations for the community to join - until they die down naturally - THEN they get moved to the right sub-forum to get tucked away for safe keeping.
    But, I don't have a Rebel tag, so it doesn't matter.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Still waiting.... Please? @CG_Kozispoon @CG_feltz916