A couple of ideas

Ring
559 posts Member
edited February 2016
So I've been playing this game for around two months now. Managed to achieve one of my goals, which was unlocking Rey and I'm starting to notice what many others have - the game is becoming slightly boring and tedious. When I play GW, I end up facing the same (as in identical) teams over and over again. I can even predict the order in which the first round will go just by looking at the roster. Same goes for the Arena. You see a Dooku, you can pretty much take for granted he'll go first. And so on. So I just started thinking: what would make this game interesting and fun again? Well, here are some ideas.

REAL SYNERGIES

In GoH we have characters who, in the movies, worked well together, complemented one another and were a good team. Han and Chewie, Anakin and young Kenobi (ok, so he's not in the game YET), Sidious and Maul (or Dooku)... you get the picture. Why not add certain bonuses to those characters when they're in your team together? Let's say you have Stormie Han, Chewie and Leia together. They managed to escape from the Death Star, so why not give them an evasion bonus plus extra dmg versus Vader, Tarkin and Stormtroopers? If you only had two of these characters, the bonuses would be smaller. If you had more, they would increase (if you added, say, Old Kenobi to the mix). If you had Sidious and Maul together, you would get extra dmg versus Jedi, maybe a chance for stealth (if that actually did anything), since they operated from the shadows. It would add a new twist to the kind of teams you faced. And maybe finally there wouldn't be so many cookie cutter teams...

SKILL TREES

Ok, so nothing as complex as Path of Exile would fit in here, but even a small choice would introduce some diversity. For example, every two gear levels (say, 2, 4, 6, 8) you would get two passive skills to choose from. Do you want your Luminara to be a better healer or a better attacker? Should Sidious be better against a single target or more AoE focused?

NEMESIS SYSTEM

Sounds serious, right? Basically it means that certain characters deal more dmg (but are also more vulnerable) to specific characters. Like Luke and Vader. Luke would do extra dmg to Vader, but the reverse would also be true, so he would also TAKE more dmg from Vader's attacks. We all know that Han shot first, so Greedo would be more vulnerable to his attacks, but then we have the Special Edition, where Han had to dodge Greedo's shot. And so on.

BONUSES FOR THEMED TEAMS

Right now there's not much reason to run themed teams (Jedi, Empire and so on). Sure, you can have a droid team with Poggle as the leader, but then he's not really a droid. There's little to no reason for creating a Nightsister team. And so on. If you had a themed team, you would get extra bonuses. So, for example, if you were running an Empire team (Tarkin, Vader, Snow Trooper, Stormie, General Veers), you would get extra damage versus Rebels or lower the enemy team's Tenacity. An all-Rebel team would have evasion and resistance bonuses (since they rely on hit and run tactics). Maybe finally all those "useless" characters, who are now permanently benchwarmers, could find their way into the fight.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Options
    Got another idea for this game:

MASTERY RANKS

I hit lvl 70 a while back. Since I can't gather any more XP, all those points from dailies, battles and missions are pretty much wasted. So I thought that maybe something like the Paragon Level system from Diablo 3 could be introduced. This wouldn't actually raise the level of thenplayer or the characters as such, but could be used to gain access to new stuff. You could have passive skills for the player (like % increase in token, crystal or credit drops, or giving you slightly more energy points, say 1 for every 10 levels), gain extra character shards (every 5 levels you could get 2 shards for a selected character or 5 random shards) or just be used to buy junk you need (ability mats and so on).

This would't change the balance of the game much, but it would also get rid of that unpleasant feeling of having all those XP points going to waste.